1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Another Terrible experience with my son

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Priesh, Aug 10, 2012.

1. Priesh

Priesh Platinum IL'ite

Just read Superwoman's thread.

Experienced Similar kind of problem with my son and wanted to share with you which happened on Shivarathiri day.

Ours is in third floor. Evening I return from my office and played with my son for sometime.One call came and I was sitting in sofa and attend the call. My mom was seeing TV. Suddenly main door closed. After disconnecting call I searched for MY DS and called him.No response. So noticed door and tried to open the door. Called him again but no response.

Huf he locked the door outside. :drowning. Panic. My fear was he climbs the rod.Because outside of my house full grill. Rod type. Totally five rods. Ranjan always climb in third and watch the cricket or other children who play in the Ground. I shouted him many times. He knew when we go outside to pick something we lock the door and go to avoid him to coming outside. So he did the same. because of this reason we always close the door.

If it slips , Oh cant imagine. Next to our house no building. Open space with stones and Grass. I also started crying and pray Sai baba to help me.

I shouted and ask him to open the door. But he couldn't. He started crying. I shouted continuously for the reason to avoid climbing and let him stand near the door. Totally five houses in my building. Bad luck no body was there in building.

So i called my sister to check where she is. She usually comes by 7. But she was in E city. almost 10 -12 kms away. Checked with my BIL. Still in office. meanwhile i shouted from my kitchen window and hall window. Nobody turned up. He cried loud and i too cried. Almost half an hour. No help.

Suddenly flashed and called provision store guy who is in main road and ask him to send somebody to open the door. Exactly after ten minutes somebody opened the door.A boy heard my voice and saw Ranjan crying when he came upstairs and he came and opened .His house is corner house in the street.DS came and hugged me, wiped my tears and cried for another five minutes and went to play.

Immediately i closed the hole and used only door lock . After this incidence planned to change house and shifted three months before.

Now also in room i closed the hole.

Learnt lesson that we have to be careful and alert each and every second when toddler is around.

Now in my new house also he lock the bathroom lock when we are in inside. Called carpenter but dint turn up. So i told my mom to open the main door when goes to toilet.

Never forget this incident.

4 people like this.

2. nithyabhaskar

nithyabhaskar Gold IL'ite

Hi Priya

Really panic incident. Thanks for sharing. Its a lesson for all moms to learn.

I can understand your situation and how bad you felt and how much you have suffered.

Same incident happened with my nephew in our house.When he was 4 years old, came to our house to play. He is mentally challenged kid.

Myself and my mother were busy in cooking and he was watching tv in hall. Suddenly we realised our kitchen door is locked from outside. Thats it we were panic.

Ofcourse the main door is a grilled gate which we locked. But for half hour we suffered inside the kitchen. we called him, he could see from the bottom part of the door but he couldnt know how to unlock. We screamed. no one could listen.

We could hear the fridge door opening and the containers in the fridge falling down. and the water started coming inside the kitchen as he has thrown water bottles.

After half hour, he opened the door somehow and started crying. Its a horrible situation I have ever faced.

Its a lesson to take care of our kids and ourself. Thanks for sharing.

Cheers
    Nithya

3. swaran

swaran IL Hall of Fame

oh priesh,
    its seriously a very tough situation
    and definetely a lesson to be learnt by all parents...at all costs parents should be very careful even with the tinest item around them if the kids are around...
    hearing a lot of pathetic incidents nowadays...
    thank god that somebody heard you and came for help!!!

1 person likes this.
  4. Raba

Raba Gold IL'ite

Dear Priya,

I think from yours and superwoman's experience, we should be very very careful with children and the doors.

Thank God, some one arrived to help you.

5. Superwoman

Superwoman Gold IL'ite

Oh priesh! I can understand your tension.. good that you acted smart!

6. vjbunny

vjbunny IL Hall of Fame

Dear Priya
    Thank God some one came to help you I can understand all the tension you must have been thru...

7. passionate89

passionate89 Platinum IL'ite

I appreciate your presence of mi d and the
    Quick ideas to phone call people... Great thing in such a panicking situation