another rent question

Discussion in 'Housing in Dubai' started by iniyamalar, Jan 6, 2009.

1. iniyamalar

iniyamalar Gold IL'ite

hello ladies..

i know the rentals are skyrocketting there..but anyways..here we are planning to move to dubai.well we are not yet sure about our move but i want to know more details..because we need to check whether moving there is a good option.
    so...i will lay out the details..

we are a family of four.two adults(act like kids though..hi..hi..)
    and two kids...4 yr old boy n 1 1/2 yr old girl.
    this will b our second expatriate exp.first being in shanghai..
    big elegant fully furnished fantastic compound with all posible amenities is where we lived for a very very affordable rent.

now my requirements is not that much but spacious apt with atleast two bedroom.i know.it's too much to ask..but still.wanted to check it up.
    my hubbie's office might be at zaik shayed (??right??)road.
    seemingly the metro(which is supposedly completed before we come) might help us more easy to communicate..so if our budget at the extreme is 90,000-1,00,000 AED/annum.
    where to stay???

recommendations please..
    and oh...lot of indian..south indian faces to look at in the neighbourhood would be just great...

2. malathyj

malathyj Silver IL'ite

Hi there,

as mentioned by yourself, the rents are quite high here. 90 to 100 K per annum you can get a two bedroom apartment (it will not be spacious let me warn you) in Qusais / Mizhar area.. Commuting in Dubai is not exactly a very big problem. Metro is coming up only in September, so until your husband or yourself get a driving licence you will have to manage with taxis or the buses. hope this info helps, need to know more, let me know. cheers M

3. avp

avp New IL'ite

Hai,

There are no apts in Mizhar, only villas and that too big one's and rent starts from nearly 200k for a 2 bedroom villa to upto 400k for 5 bedroom villa. My bet is quasais/muhaisanah 4, where u have lots of apts. I know the rates at Mizhar cause i stay here.

happy house hunting. All the best.

anuja

4. Gayathrii

Gayathrii New IL'ite

Try Shahama. I have friends who stay there and the rents there aren't as high as Abu Dhabi rents. By the way, I stay in Abu Dhabi in a one-bedroom house for 90k rent.. And the rents just go up each passing day..

Good luck house hunting!

Regards,
    Gayathri.