1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Another Day...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Afresh, Mar 7, 2019.

1. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Beautiful!
    You really have the gift of words and despite using terms like "direction of their presence......" , I fail to understand the drift of those quoted words. ;)

I wish to re read and resubmit my reply soon :).
    Thanks for reading

2. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

I just meant it as ..similar to the unforeseen direction of the day, the unacquainted direction of the (debut) poster's presence/bearing is shrouded till the end. Regular posters are easy to predict in tone and text in their exhaustive writing depleting between us the delightful surprise from familiarity. The charm in a debut poster is that such surprise element (like: you diverting your post with a celebratory wish) sustains! Nothing untoward, I was just trying to say that similar to another day (day after day) still holds us in action, another poster always charms as they cast their subtlety even in a full house.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
    Afresh likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Welcome dear. My pleasure

Afresh likes this.
  4. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Oh now i get it!! But seriously the charm is all in this feedback of yours :).
    But to come clean , i wasn't meaning to shroud the post in any kind of suspense or surprise element! perhaps that is the jumpy me being reflected !!
    To be honest, i also have to discover , which direction my posts will take me to and what is going to be my predicability index ;).

Thank you for such an amazing feedback. Hope to engage more in the future!

5. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Thanks!

6. Srama

Srama Finest Post Winner

Dear @Afresh,

I noticed some ripples and there you are causing them! Welcome to writing in snippets. Enjoyed reading your busy and it does upset any mom when her child falls sick. Us, women we have to don so many hats and you have portrayed our predicament well. I do agree with Syamala and I think your life situation was such that you had to simply go late that day! Oh well all we can do is try and don't forget to write about that next.

7. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Madam, I understand the mental agony when the child has high fever.Though we have so many things to perform, attending to the teen is primary.
    The incident happened on March 7th 2000.Plus two exams were on. My friend who was working in Chennai had gone to Delhi on transfer.My son and her son were intimate and were in the same class. Everyday my son used to think of Rishab -it was his name- and how he would have performed the test.

March 8th was an important exam.Rishab was preparing for the exam in right earnest from 7th afternoon.A little tired, he wanted to sleep and he asked his dear mother to wake him up after two hrs.My friend went near him to wake him up. He had high fever ranging 102degrees F.First she administed crocin and asked him to take rest for half an hour more.
    Then she suddenly remembered about the Homeo medicine which she had given him on many occasions which used to have tramendous effect.After thinking twice,she searched in the cupboard and found out the medicine. But the strength of the medicine available with her had the strength 1/4 of what she normally used to give.
    You know Homeo medicines are small globules ,very easy to swallow.Since it had one fourth of the strength, she gave four globules.
    The child woke up, studied well,woke up to 11 P. M. ,kissed his mother and went to bed asking Amma to wake him up in the early morning.
    My friend was glad that she was able to find the medicine.At five she went near the child.She was shocked.The child's skin was very chill.Rushed to the hospital only to be conveyed about the saddest news that no mother could digest.Her flat was crowded.The child was not getting prepared to leave for exam-but for his ultimate journey ,being given tearful farewell by all his teachers and friends.
    I didn't inform this to my son ,so that he would become upset during exams and conveyed it later.
    On a woman's day, this type of response may be considered inauspicious.
    But there is lesson to learn.The mother who was anxious should have given normal paracetamol when there were three more intermittent holidays for the impending next exam.The major error was her misconception about the Homeo drugs.
    Normal strength is stated to be 30 in case of Homeo drugs,Lesser the number, more the strength.Actually she had administered 16 times the dosage which the body could not take.
    When I telephoned to her after two days, she confided the truth-her ignorance which had resulted in the greatest irretrievable loss.

Mothers, take care! Life is on any day more important than mark or rank.Heaven is not going to fall if the child fails once. He could write the exam, now a days after two months and join the same batch of students.
    Self medication has resulted in this catastraphy.
    She was using Homeopath drugs on many occasions. in her life but it has miserably failed in her own case.
    In Homeo, lesser the quoted strength, more the power.The very core of Homeo is this.
    Before giving alternate therapy, educated mothers should have a fair idea of what is what.
    This response need not be taken as threatening ,but a precaution.
    Happy Woman's Day

Jayasala 42

8. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

:banana:...:blush:
    The smileys say it all..Thrilled to get a response from you :)
    Idea stolen from writing on life's situations ;)

Srama likes this.
  9. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Oh Mam! this is so tragic! wish it never befalls any other mother ever.

Yes Mam ; everybody needs to exercise extreme caution and judgement at such times has lots of consequences.
    Thanks for sharing and making everyone aware of pitfalls of alternate medication.
    I for one never though homoepathic medication to have such serious side effects

10. Afresh

Afresh Gold IL'ite

Gauri03, Rihana and Lalithambigai like this.