1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Another Cycle Of Events...

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by thisisme, Jan 8, 2017.

1. thisisme

thisisme Senior IL'ite

At the onset, wishing everyone on this group A Very Happy, Healthy and Prosperous New Year. Another year has gone and a brand new year has started. For most of us, the start of a new year is a moment of rejoice, fun and a hope that this year would be better in all ways than the year gone by. But for some like me, a new year is just another year. After my husband passed away, any new year can never be better than the years when he was with me. So for a single mother like me, a new year is like a trauma as I dread the painful feeling of going through the cycle of events. Events like our birthdays, my anniversary, the day he passed away, all the festivals etc., when I miss him deeply. Its not that I don't miss him on other days.. infact I miss him every day.. I think of him many times a day but those events are more painful as his absence pains and hurts deep down.. and instead of being merry on the birthdays and festivals, I would actually be mourning. So according to me a New Year is kind of another cycle of events wherein me and my kids would again go through painfully thinking why did God take him away from us. When I see the wishes for a new year, it actually boils me down thinking whats all the hoopla about a new year.. afterall its just another year.

2. LakshmiKMBhat

LakshmiKMBhat Gold IL'ite

Yes, it is just another year. But we have to live our lives, we do not know when our time will come. Yes , what you have gone through is very painful. In September , last year, my father passed away. My parents were married for 57 years. My my mother misses my father very much. But it is better to face life with a positive attitude, being negative hurts children. I don't know how old your children are. Some years ago my cousin passed away at the age of 57. His wife was very hurt but she also told me that she was happy about the fact they were together for 30 years. That way of thinking helped her to face the years ahead. With best wishes, Lakshmi

PavithraS likes this.