1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

annoying friend who comments on my weightloss.. need ur suggestions

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by anu1215, Nov 21, 2013.

1. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Friends

my husband has a friend.. who studied together in enginnering.. i know their family from past 4yrs..we meet them every month in kitty party. that guy all the time annoying with everyone.. initially he irritates me with everything he see's and comments.. now my problem is he has been seeing my weightloss from last 11/2 yr .. everything .. actually hsi wife is trying to lose weight.. but never lost 2 lbs in last 6months when we meet he comments in front of everyone i bared many times and gave a straight answer on his face.. sometimes his wife and my common friends support me.. but last week i coudn't control my frustration with his comments. here goes the conversation

x : she smells the food and live..
    me: i eat sensibly.
    i went to talk to my husband and telling him shall we leave
    x; pls dont look at my plate.. ur doing some disti(i dont know in english) i might get upset stomach and u did some sin in ur previous birth.. that is the reason she never eats food and enjoy ( he's totally jealous on me getting slim) these days am getting the attraction from friends who appreciate my determination.
    me: if u think u get disti.. then why the hell u invited us for lunch.. it could better if u guys have enjoyed lunch and avoided us..
    everybody went into little bit shock even my husband he dnt expect i would say that..
    x: after realising from shock.. he said u can also comment on my the way am eating..
    me: i dont comment on someboday eating.. and i dont take comments on me.. when i invite any guest.. i make them comfortable at home.. and enjoy my dishes.. not like u who hurts the guests
    x he was zipped his mouth with my comments..

am stopped meeting for the kitty fromm this month.. my husband supports me.. now the problem is he invited for anniversary paarty ( his friend 10th anniversary they r throwing the party) his wife called me to share expenses.for the party. she never discussed with me about party plannings.. just shemention s come to the party and while leaving give ur share of amount.. i told my husband we are not going to the party.

girls this is the vent sorry for long post..

what do u think girls.. did i do right thing

Thanks
    anu

2. oaktree12

oaktree12 Bronze IL'ite

Yes what you have done is correct. Why heiscrossing the limit. Dontgo to the next party. Whereever you see him avoid and ignore him.

3. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

thank u oaktree.. am not going to party..

1 person likes this.
  4. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

Does not it make you feel better and make you feel good that some one else is jealous of your weight loss? You may also want to consider attending the party wearing appropriate dress to show your weight loss and perfect shape you have acquired with determination.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
    1 person likes this.
  5. veeramachaneni

veeramachaneni Platinum IL'ite

Hi Anu - Congratulations on your weight loss. I saw your ticker and it is impressive. Take it easy on that friend and he won't say that again. You did a Good thing by expressing your dislike to his Unpleasant comments.

Just tell this friend who planned the party that you don't want to be a part of it. If you don't go then also she can ask you for your part of money.

Make it clear that you don't want to come + pay.

6. simpleMom

simpleMom Gold IL'ite

I just noticed your weight loss ticker. Fantastic results to show. Now I understand why he jealous.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2013
  7. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Congrats on your weight loss!WTG!You have lost 25 Kgs?Amazing you are.

I think the situation should have been handled better.Looks like he was just pulling your leg.Not good when the other person is not comfortable.How about mocking up with humour?Or could have told in private or sent your message through his wife????????Somehow I feel your reaction was above the board.This is just my opinion.

1 person likes this.
  8. JustAnotherMom

JustAnotherMom Platinum IL'ite

Just like Bhuvnidhi said, I also feel you could have handled better.

Infact, weren't they compliments? I mean you have worked really really really hard for these ppl to make these kinda comments . You should be proud when someone say you smells food to live.

Why You think you shouldn't go for this party? You should go wearing all those cloths you could not wear. After all, You deserve to show off :):):)

3 people like this.
  9. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Hi Simplemom..
    m happy they are jealous and they are taking me as a role model.. but they are not able to bear am looking gud and hurting with their words.. everytime i go to kitty or some other party.. i go to his wife for alterations.. she gives advertise that i went from xxl to m.. he once told me when i lost half of my weight (40lbs lost) where is ur half body.. i was totally shocked how come a male friend say that.. i felt weird.

Thanks
    anu

10. anu1215

anu1215 Platinum IL'ite

Thank u bhuvindhi..
    i know its little harsh but i was bearing his words from last 11/2 yr.. last yr my huband took ayyappa deeksha in US.. he made some comments that would hurt hindus.. i told if ur hindu.. u doesnt speak up these words.. he said though am indian i dont follow these deekshas.. i asked why u guys do satyanarayana pooja or ur wife vaarlakshmi pooja.. he has no words.. so i felt gud after telling my feelings.. so he knows how hurt i was.. if not him may be his wife got the point. can u tell me how to tell him in humour.