1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Annadaata Sukhi Bhava

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by satchitananda, Jun 30, 2015.

1. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Thanks Jasmine! :-D

1 person likes this.
  2. satchitananda

Dear Viswamitra, thanks so much for that link. It was really hilarious. Their demands are simply outrageous! It takes real luck to find a good domestic help and as for a good cook, well, one has to be really, really lucky.

1 person likes this.
  3. satchitananda

So true Balajee! :-D Finding one is half the battle, keeping them is the remaining half!

4. satchitananda

kaniths, I too never believed in having a cook, but then there is one golden rule in life as I discovered a bit late in life and that is "never say never"! You are indeed lucky to have a husband who cooks well and who cooks at all in the first place. :-D

1 person likes this.
  5. satchitananda

Kamalji, I wonder if Google can cater to tastes of individual families! So they might just be hard pressed to define a 'good' cook. :-D

1 person likes this.
  6. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

het satchi If you r in hyd do consider me for the job sure will do with 0.5x oil n 1x spice sometimes I believe no spice lets u enjoy the real taste of veg beleive me Im not suggesting a menu for the ailing people do love my food and u may have other sharing too
    love
    gita

1 person likes this.
  7. gitasharma

gitasharma Gold IL'ite

20140105_110607 (2).jpg 20140105_110618.jpg 20140104_221225.jpg

hey thats why I offered my self what say I cook diff cuisines too italian chinese continental south / north guji whatever Hey to add as we say sone pe suhaga can make good prstn too flower arrangements pics of 2 desserts & 1 flower arrangement what say

1 person likes this.
  8. satchitananda

Hi Gita,

Unfortunately (for me) and fortunately (for you) I do not live in Hyderabad, otherwise you would have had a regular visitor! :-D

I agree. These days I prefer less spice and love the taste of the vegetables to come through.

Wow! Hats off to you. You are truly multi-talented. Looks so good and such wonderful presentation!

9. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Satchi dear ya now a days it difficult to get a good cook and a maid. Especially senior citizens who have health problems and who are alone need a good cook who can take care of them too as they stay alone , with children abroad or any othe rproblem. Earlier days some working women had good maid who will do all the work at home, cooking, sweeping, swabbing and looking after the children.

In my in laws house all are experts in cooking, so for any small functions they never used to keep a cook and my brothe rin law and husband used to be in the kitchen and others will help them in grinding and other works. Now also my brothe rin law only cooks for the devasam, mangili pondugal etc.Of late his dilwho is a Maharashtrian has learnt to cook for devasam and mangili pondugal and also she has given retirement in cooking at home too, otherwise he only used to cook after she came as dil. His pal payasam, nei payasam for Ayyappa Pooja , Bhagavathi Seva is superb. His grandson likes the appam made by him only and his grand daughter who is only 4 years old likes his milagapodi and not anyone elses. He is very lucky to have a good dil though she is not our caste

1 person likes this.
  10. satchitananda

Dear Vijima, it is such a blessing to have many people at home to chip into the cooking, especially for big occasions. That was probably one of the blessings of a joint family, but unless everyone is co-operative, it could be very difficult. You were blessed to have so much help from Mama and his brother at home in cooking. Touch wood.

2 people like this.