Angelina Jolie gets her breasts removed to avoid cancer

Discussion in 'Jokes' started by kamdev1, May 14, 2013.

1. kamdev1

kamdev1 Silver IL'ite

In a daring revelation to the world, Hollywood actress Angelina Jolie has confessed that she’s undergone double mastectomy to reduce her chances of getting breast cancer.
    ei-153314.jpg
    In an op-ed article titled ‘My Medical Choice’ on The New York Times, Jolie reveals that she carries a faulty BRCA gene that sharply increases her risk of developing breast cancer and ovarian cancer.

“My doctors estimated that I had an 87 percent risk of breast cancer and a 50 percent risk of ovarian cancer, although the risk is different in the case of each woman,” Angelina Jolie wrote.

She added: “Once I knew that this was my reality, I decided to be proactive and to minimize the risk as much I could. I made a decision to have a preventive double mastectomy. I started with the breasts, as my risk of breast cancer is higher than my risk of ovarian cancer, and the surgery is more complex.

“On April 27, I finished the three months of medical procedures that the mastectomies involved. During that time I have been able to keep this private and to carry on with my work.

“But I am writing about it now because I hope that other women can benefit from my experience,” Jolie wrote.

Jolie revealed that she began the medical procedure for mastectomy on February 2. In mastectomy, the breast tissue is removed and implants are put in place.

Angelina Jolie’s mother fought cancer for a decade and died at the age of 56.
    (s)

2. kamdev1

kamdev1 Silver IL'ite

bravo angie.....ur still a heart raider..

3. KilaliAnju

KilaliAnju Guest

I read about it and i appreciate and bow for her decissions, to let it be done for her children as they where concerned they cud loose her due to that risk and to go with it to public, as she is a beauty icon for many ppl i beliefe strongly that she could change with this decission and braveness to show the world that she is still feminine and beautiful.. this will hopefully encourage other women and give them strength.