1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ancient China and Modern Divorce

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by zipzipzoomzoom, Jul 10, 2011.

1. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

Right now, I am watching Romance of the Three Kingdoms, a Chinese history-based epic on the unification of China after the fall of the Han dynasty (roughly 2000 years ago).

Damn!

Don't you just hate it when someone begs you for help, you give them advice, and then the refuse to follow the advice???

This is what is happening right now. Warrior was begging a Sanyasi (ok, they don't have Sanyasis in Chinese culture, but I am not sure of an equivalent word) to help him with his deed of restoring China for the people. When Sanayasi says ok, the Warrior is not taking his advice.

As the story goes, the Warrior's side suffers needlessly.

So why am I writing about it in Indus Ladies?

Because I see posts where the wife helps the husband, but the husband

# cannot
    # will not
    # refuses

to be helped!

This drive home the point....

Before marrying someone ask youself

# will this person appreciate me?

What is the point if you are in love with a person's looks, salary, charm, but the marriage does not last becasue

# the person does NOT appreciate you?

Once you make marriage vows, they are not something you can walk away from so easily. Sure, divorce is easy as 1-2-3, but do you see how HAPPY people, especially women look after divorce?

2. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai Z,

Advice to be followed is very difficult but to give advice is very easy. f we happened see in our life everything relats with the expectaqtions of the another.In a life also husband will expectsomething more from the wife and wife also will expect more from the husband. It is give and talke policy and the pros and cons will be surrounded in the family only. We as a humanbeing hshould know how to handle situation if it s bad and how toenjoy if it turned out to be too good.

3. sojourner

sojourner Silver IL'ite

I have never seen it put quite that way :)

4. zipzipzoomzoom

zipzipzoomzoom Gold IL'ite

I've noticed that people will refuse to meet someone for matrimonial correspondence due to their own ego, because they automatically assume they are too good for that person.

On the flip side, I have noticed people marrying a person based on salary, but the root is to feed their ego; by marrying a person with lofty salary, they are boosting their own status (in their eyes, anyway).