1. Looking for an Interesting Craft Project? : Plethora of Ideas
    Dismiss Notice

Anarkali design / Patiala Salwar - does anyone know how to do it?

Discussion in 'Sewing & Stitching' started by Jamuna Rani, Dec 17, 2008.

1. Jamuna Rani

Jamuna Rani Junior IL'ite

Is there any one know how to draft a annarkili design and patiala salwar? Please help me, i am searching for this very long. Do any one hav eany idea where to get books of basic tailoring and Salwar and saree blouse

2. jayanthisuresh

jayanthisuresh Gold IL'ite

hi Jamuna Rani

The rectangular portion is of the patiala salwaar is of the same size as of a normal salwaar. If the length is 38 inches, then a seperate 9 inch piece is needed for the belt ie; the belt should be 9 inches by 52 inches.
    Take a double square piece of 32 inches, fold it and make a right triangle. Cut one side of 7 inches on the edge of the hypotenuse and the horizontal side to make the aasan. Stich the vertical side of the triangular piece with the side of the rectangular piece.
    Where you join the salwaar and the belt, less than half portion should be joined with pletes.
    :)
    jaiSuresh:rotfl

3. Jamuna Rani

Hi
    Thanks for your information given. I have little confused it it. Can u show me in draft so that easy for me to understand. Please

Jamuna

4. Jamuna Rani

Hi Jayanthi

Do you how to draf annarkili design dress. I am looking for this? Please help me if you know.