1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Opinion On Everything

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SCSusila, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

I agree with everything @Gauri03 and @sokanasanah said above. We give more respect to our opinions, feelings and emotions than to ourselves. Our reaction to opposing view expressed against our idea is mostly if not always considered as an insult. Whether one likes the Saree or not is an individual opinion and to think that no one else should have a different opinion is living in an unrealistic world. We waste a lot of time defending our opinions, feelings and emotions. They come and go but relationships are not. We need to value the relationships/friendships more than our own opinions, feelings and emotions. There is no need to classify every incident that happens into favorable or hostile category. If we have an obsession about our opinions, feelings and emotions, then, a simple decision like buying a Saree should be done without looking for someone else to validate the choice one makes.

Viswa

sindmani and kkrish like this.
  2. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

Buying a saree is a simple decision?!!!:yikes:
    Aiyoo Viswa @Viswamitra :facepalm::rolleye::thinking:

Viswamitra, Thyagarajan and sindmani like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

Kamala,

Every time I accompanied Mrs. Viswa to buy a Saree, she always told me, "You have a great taste (perhaps, she was hinting about me getting married to her :)). Please let me know what you like" and she always bought what I chose in less than a minute. However, when she shops around on her own, she buys what she likes and spends more time making her decision. That influenced my comment above. #Women are from Venus and men are from Mars.

You reminded me of a joke about who is the boss at home. The husband proudly said, "All major decisions are taken by me and all minor decisions are made by my wife". When the friend asked him to elaborate, he said, "My wife decides on which school our children go to, where do I work, which house we live in, where do we invest our savings, with who we have a good relationship, etc. whereas I decide, "Who we vote for to become the Congressman, Senator and the President of the United States". #I am the boss at home and I have my wife's permission to say so.

Viswa

sindmani and kkrish like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello::hello:You said all in the quoted sentence.
    Too many cooks spoil the broth it is said.
    Yes but unsolicited opinions - what to do. How to ignore without hurting . Either avoid shopping with them or defer purchase to some other time?.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Bless.

5. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello::hello::hello::hello::hello:Seldom it is simple even if it is for casual wear then what to talk of selecting for special occasion.
    But when it comes to siblings like a brother buying a Saree to sister, the exp would be different and the after effect for years stay green in memory.
    Thanks and regards.
    God Bless.

kkrish likes this.
  6. Balajee

Balajee IL Hall of Fame

That lady simply couldn't take a joke but lot of pople do annoy me by having an opinion on everything under the sun and talking expertly about things they have no clue.

Srama and kkrish like this.
  7. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

What do I say, Suseela! Men! And many women too! So full of themselves, but am sure it is a facade. Why else would anyone need to run somebody else down, unless one was not sure of oneself? And then how does running down somebody make them any better than they think they really are?