1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Opinion On Everything

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by SCSusila, Jun 16, 2018.

1. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Such things are often not a surprise after marriage. The woman mostly has a good idea about the man she is marrying, and the family he is from. They choose to overlook these smaller issues, or are forced to do so by parents because all other factors are a good match.

Things will change when there is more time for the man and woman to get to know each other. Maybe they should be active on FB and friends for 6 months before making a decision. : )

sindmani and SCSusila like this.
  2. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

Even if there is gap for atleast 6 months they may not reveal all these things before in hand ;) .
    To be frank I used to meet my DH most of the times in modern outfit only ! He never had any complaints before !!!

sindmani, SCSusila and GeetaKashyap like this.
  3. Mistt

Mistt IL Hall of Fame

Everyone aware of they will lose that person if they start restrictions before marriage. It may be a little easy to control other person's likes / choices after marriage, especially in Indian marriage system.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2018
  4. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Some level of healthy expression of likes/dislike and their perception of aesthetics is normal to every relation. But taking over total control and being critical judges without sensitivity is bad. As such wives do try to please their husbands in an effort to build the relationship. Then the husband should also have the sensitivity to know how much to say or control. Most men in my circle control their wives toooooo much:( I also know a few women who dress outrageously just to spite and embarass their husbands and in laws.

sindmani, SCSusila and shravs3 like this.
  5. shravs3

shravs3 IL Hall of Fame

True ! Giving opinions is not a bad thing but forcing their opinions always is bad. Indian society should definitely change . How modern it is for inlaws asking DIL’s to work but don’t want them to wear modern clothes ?? Especially in an IT workplace were most of them wear modern wear due to the dress code like Casuals on Friday’s !
    I have seen my own family members my aunts and uncles never control or complain about their DIL’s dressing . Most of my married friends used to wear modern outfit for office inspite of living with inlaws!

Some inlaws are broad minded , they know that this generation is different and know their limits what to control and what not inspite of them not being lived in cities ages ago.

But some aren’t even after living in cities for ages ! Hope they become broad minded too so that the DIL can wear whatever clothes she is comfortable with.

sindmani, SCSusila and GeetaKashyap like this.
  6. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

True each one have their own taste and can wear according to their taste. But now a days ladies prefer to wear salwar kameez . Its ok if they have been wearing since younger days . But some have started wearing after the age of 60 years. Its ok if they wear while going out but it looks odd when they wear to temples and for bajans etc. I am talking about women above 60 yrs.

7. GeetaKashyap

GeetaKashyap IL Hall of Fame

Vijima, salwars kameezes are more for comfort. It is simple 2 layers of loose clothing as against 3 layers of saree+tight blouse. Wearing salwar kameezes doesn't require any care while a saree is to be worn properly.:) Comfort over everything else is the reason for their choice.

sindmani, SunPa, Sunshine04 and 5 others like this.
  8. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

I know dear but I am saying let them wear when they go out. To temple it does not look nice especially for those who r above sixty

GeetaKashyap likes this.
  9. kkrish

kkrish IL Hall of Fame

+1
    You captured well what was in my mind. Thanks @Rihana

Rihana and SCSusila like this.
  10. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

Thanks , everyone , for your valuable comments .
    I Enjoyed reading all your thoughts on this subject , its always nice to know different points of view.
    Like many who have commented here , I too agree that the way opinions are expressed makes lots of difference .

shravs3 and Thyagarajan like this.