1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An open love letter

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Deaf woman, Jul 19, 2009.

1. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Dear readers,please excuse me for writing an open letter to the love of my life.
    This is my first letter to Him and I hope He will excuse my amateurish effort.
    Initially I was dead against loving Him. I used to have fights with my friends in college and with my teachers too that I am not that kind of girl.I felt proud to be in the minority .I used to laugh at my peers who tried to convince me otherwise.
    I thought I was an intelligent girl and knew everything there is to know about life .May be every teenager feels that the world is her oyster and I am no different .
    I continued like this till my son was born .When he fell sick due to cold and fever I was worried and upset. Even when he was given medication he is not getting better then I thought of Him,ya you guessed right ,its none other than God .Then I asked him timidly to get my son cured and I tried to bribe him with a coconut too.God being God din’t take offense cured my son and made me happy immensely.From then on if anything goes wrong in my life I used to call Him and He is there for me always .I used to pride myself on being an atheist all my college life ,now that I became older and wiser I understood my folly.Now when I see today’s youth praying and going to temples ,I wonder if its bhakthi or fear that’s the driving force.
    This letter is a thank you note from the depth of my heart to God for what all he had done for me and asking Him to be there for me always.
    THANK YOU GOD ,THANK YOU FOR ALL YOU HAVE DONE.YOU ARE THE BEST .
    vijji

2. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Viji,

Good one. Whether people pray because of fear or belief, He is the one who keeps watch over...and he never lets you down.

3. madhumathi1974

madhumathi1974 Bronze IL'ite

There may be any reason to pray him but the ultimate is that all the prayers goes to him,going to temple has become a fashion to many youngsters but he takes that prayers too b'z he is loving and caring one. so he never overlooks anyone. there may be late in showing his kindness but there is no never.

Even i thank him for all that he had given me and giving me till today.

4. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear VIJI,

It does not matter whether you are a believer or non believer-But I have personally experienced that when -EVERYTHING ELSE FAILS AND THERE IS NO ONE TO HELP YOU OUT-
    SURRENDER YOURSELF TO GOD-
    CONFESS EVERYTHING TO HIM-
    AND YOU WILL FEEL GREAT RELIEF FROM WITHIN-
    TRUST ME ON THIS ONE !

Regards,
    "HAPPY"

5. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

true shanvy.hence my addiction and love .your encouragement bolstered my confidence level.thanks
    vijji

6. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

dear madhu,
    I agree .Ee vishayam naaku chinnappudu teliyadhu .late ga veligindhi .chaala santosham madhu mee comments ki
    vijji

7. Deaf woman

Deaf woman Senior IL'ite

Well said Happy.Just knowing He is there for us make us life better and better.Thanks for the FB.
    vijji

8. ahilaiyer

ahilaiyer Junior IL'ite

good one!!!!! HE is the only one for us all time

9. archana2008

archana2008 Gold IL'ite

Vijji,

There is a saying, unless HE permits even an ant does not move. Same way unless HE does not give permission we cannot even enter willingly or non-willingly into the temple. I feel it is all his MAYA. whenever HE wants he makes us do the actions :)

10. AkilaMani

AkilaMani Local Champion Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear Vijji,

Yes, I agree.... He watches over us all the time. But the sad part is that most of us think of Him only in bad times, why not think of Him just for the sake of love and bakhthi.....

beautifully written vijji, i loved it!!!