An Open Invite For Differently Abled Professionals

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by periamma, Nov 9, 2017.

1. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

Hello All, with God's grace and support from fine human beings, i am entering into 5th year of my fight with Muscle Distrophy. Though i am determined not to give up this fight until it invades me completely. i know i cannot change few things as it used to be in the olden days be it the aggressiveness with which i chased my dreams or contributing to the society in whatever way i can, but certainly i have not lost it. I am crawling towards those objectives, for sure i will reach it before i fall.

Thinking about my journey it struck me that there would be thousands of differently abled folks who might need some support for their living. This include both who are differently abled by birth and those who acquired in the coarse of life. I have been discussing with few brilliant minds ( equally responsible) from top B Schools across the world , and i was astonished to see their eagerness to help. These minds are running multi billion dollar organizations globally.

As a first step, they are willing to hire differently abled professionals (include people with walking challenges, challenges with upper arms, vision challenges and with hearing challenges) across domains and industries. The jobs may or may not be on a full time basis, but worth enough to support our living expenses for sure.

I would like to reiterate few things here..

1. We (differently abled professionals) all need to come together, discuss, and learn about our core strengths and explore how can we support ourselves.
    2. We need to know about opportunities - i am sure most of us are skilled and committed to complete any task kept in front of us. but it is just we don't know where to find them and that is because of our challenges. We need opportunities than sympathies. We cannot wait for someone to give us an opportunity. The first step is to tell the companies, about our skills and how we can be of some use to them.There are companies which are willing to utilize our services. for e.g. One company has expressed its desire to outsource all its creative design works to someone with a proven experience. The level of engagement can range from assignment basis to a permanent role.
    3. i am also aware about the existence of job portals which cater only to differently abled professionals like us, but they have their own limitations. This is not the forum to discuss about those anyway. :)
    4. Please remember it is not just another group in the making... but trying to channelize our efforts to support our living. if you are interested please leave your name in the comment section and i will connect asap. Please keep it in mind about my muscle distrophy and its corresponding speed in responding.

I am closing this a request, this is only for differently abled professionals, so others please excuse us this time, will support you next time for sure..

I read this article in Linked In and i want to share here as this may be a great help to the needy people.

Moderators if this is not the right forum to share please move to the appropriate thread Thank you

contact ID:yashopublishers@gmail.com

Last edited: Nov 9, 2017

2. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Periamma, thank you for spreading awareness about muscular distrophy.

sindmani and periamma like this.
  3. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Rihana Rihana sorry for late response dear. Thanks for your Fb.my second son is undergoing this problem and this article was written by him. Very strong hearted boy. He never felt for this disease and he is fighting to overcome. Slowly recovering still he doesn't loose heart.

kaniths, sindmani, jskls and 2 others like this.
  4. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

very useful post mmaa. thanks for sharing. your son will fight and succeed to live happily, don't worry mmaa.

sindmani, Amica and periamma like this.
  5. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@GoogleGlass GG Thanks for your lovely fb.By God's grace he faces the challenge with confidence

kaniths, Amica and GoogleGlass like this.
  6. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

My prayers are with your son, @periamma.

periamma likes this.
  7. periamma

periamma IL Hall of Fame

@Amica Thanks for your prayer ma.

Amica likes this.
  8. jskls

jskls IL Hall of Fame

Dear Periamma
    That’s a nice useful post on LinkedIn. Best wishes and prayers with your son maa. Hope his post on LinkedIn brings in many many more well wishers supporting for a good cause.

kaniths likes this.