1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Ode To One Song

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Rihana, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

I am typing in QPQ, I am typing in FP Ribbon. I am listening to an automated playlist in the background.

Boom! A song plays. I love this song! This is one of my favvy songs. I have to post this excitement somewhere. QPQ?! Cheeniya will no doubt think that I am a lunatic, more lunatic than I already am ...in the middle of a David Niven post. Holloumi to Falak in 'FP Ribbon' thread will confuse the admin! So, I searched up for this thread and posting here.

This song is adorable! Mwah!

2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Recent road trip. This song was playing really loud in the car next to ours. Turned to look and noticed the passenger, an elderly Indian gentleman, was singing along. :)

JustAnotherMom and Rihana like this.
  3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Was thinking of this thread recently when I read about looking into a mirror. There are 2-3 songs I associate with mirror, this one is the sweetest and happiest.

Mein wahi darpan wahi from Geet gaata chal.

The lesser known song from the movie. Hardly came in Chitrahaar. Sarika looks innocence personified. Lyrics and music by Ravindra Jain. Felt good to listen to it after many years. Though Sachin does look a bit of "bachcha" in it, and she looks way older than him. : )

Thing I like most about the song is the lyrics. Simple. And of course, Aarti Mukherjee's voice.

Amica likes this.
  4. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Wokey to a fresh gaana which sounded thudoom sadie but then picked up in music. Wantie to guisi guisi this gaana in a thread under some pretexto. Bingoolala! then remembered this outpost. Been thudda thudda jumpa wonka since morning on this song .. I mean dansa dansa ...

Song begins with a lowered gaze,

Dil haste haste ro pada
    Dard aansuon mein hai badha

But then picks up later.

You might do a 'la haul valla' to my excitement about a soupy song with no due regard but then listen to my backgrounded storya.

Hostel, nightfall, rooms, terrace, girls danca dansa un dilon with no pods and stereos, costed money, you know, so we all jumpa dinka to FM music -- whichever song played. That's howa conditioned to walla walla even on low songs with beat and poppy jhinchuk of feet. Boys next building aankh mare and seeti bhajaye to our jinga dance but we nautanki parade no care worey of their cat calls.

Morning, dansa dansa to 'Kyun Rabba' ,waitt, iff, you and I are w-app friends then me sendoo you a bitta gatta dance of mine to the song. In the spirit of the singa dinga criss-crossed feet and shakay-lakay bum and fava fava of the arms ...

Kyun rabba iss qadar todeya dil
    Ki ik tukda na chhodeya
    Dhadakne ke liye
    Dhadkano mein kuch na bacha

has been turned into

Kyun rabba iss qadar jodeya dil
    Ki hum ik tukda ho chhodeya
    Dhadakne ke liye
    Dhadkano mein beintahaa junoon bana

(In steady and undancey mind: Love this song much! Shattered yet memorable lyrics in upbeat music)

Last edited: Mar 1, 2019
    Rihana likes this.
  5. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Songs are cute in perspective! Not emerging in wah eh instantly..but hmm eh in duration.

बुलावे तुझे यार आज मेरी गलियाँ
    बसाऊं तेरे संग मैं अलग दुनिया​

though the call for romance starts in the alleys of that hmm eh, it ultimately leads to a world of dizzy wah eh.

ना आए कभी दोनों में ज़रा भी फ़ासले
    बस एक तू हो एक मैं हूँ और कोई ना
    है मेरा सब कुछ तेरा, तू समझ ले
    तू चाहे मेरे हक की ज़मीन रख ले
    तू साँसों पे भी नाम तेरा लिख दे
    मैं जियूं जब-जब तेरा दिल धड़के​

The lyrics even in their corny abandonment of acreage ...Tu chahe mere haiq ki zammen rakh le ..., to each other in the sloshed world of just you and me in the fantasy of our make-believe world of spotted lands, are tender and foreclosed. Been humming this song since morning ...Bas ik tu ho aur ik main howan ...against the odds of Na rahein kabhi bhi dohon main fasle.

तुझसे मेरा ये जी नहीं भरता
    कुछ भी नहीं असर अब करता
    मेरी राह तुझी से, मेरी चाह तुझी से
    मुझे बस यही रह जाना
    Pyaar di raavan
    Tyahaar chale aya
    Mainu jeene da matlab aaj samaj aya

Yes, Mainu jeene da matlab aaj samaj aya
    Indeed, Mainu jeene da matlab aaj samaj aya
    With you, Mainu jeene da matlab aaj samaj aya

Living the life funnier than a wild dream and prickly than a thorny berry is identified with you. You are a scruffy pain, yet charming. The way you make me feel squishy-squashy about you... mainu jeene da matlab aaj samaj aya since you have been walked into my duniya.

लगी है तेरी आदतें मुझे जबसे
    I don't know where you end and where I begin since I have consumed your habits within me. Is this me or is this you in me? I don't know. But I just know that your habits are mine as you are a habit in me since you have stolen me from my own duniya.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2019
    Rihana likes this.
  6. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

They say (sssh: some old wives) that love is staid but romance is sparkling !
    No wonder when that halka halka romance inflicts men and women go bonkers in each other.

Often wonder what is the preference of "pyar" over "ishq" in sentiment despite the sectarian diction.

Yeh joh Halka halka suroor hain
    Yeh joh pehla pehla suroor hain
    Mera ishq mera fitoor hain
    Tera ishq hain ya fitoor hain
    Maine khud ko tujhpey loota diya
    Tera hoke khud ko mita diya

Cute song! One feels that one's madness (fitoor) is unspent in the self-styled affliction with the partner. How do you convey that the held up fitoor is provoked by the blush in "ishq" and not the courtesy in "pyar". Then once a musical while an edgy song like this comes along...

Tu har ek pehloon sey khass lagey

The man is special in how the woman feels about him, but are women supposed to express the love or romance often with their man. Pyar kare ki ishq kare? (Nova reckons: Jo bhi kare ..ekdam khass kare!) Bobbing to the song ..

Last edited: May 7, 2019
    Rihana and Amulet like this.
  7. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Hmm: Don't wish to derail the thread with regional songs. Let the thread be inclusive.

Last edited: May 7, 2019
  8. Rihana

:mad::pensive::openmouth::persevere::rage: I came back to read when free-er and post is gone. Fish/shrimp biryani posts one can understand. Ab gaana bhi gaayab hone laga. Now songs also disappear.

9. Rihana

I have dissected each word of this song. I sooo wish the movie was watchable. I like to watch the song even though it has Aishwarya. My favorite part is the one with the curry leaves.

One song where the "derived" version starts to feel better than the original (Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan?).

10. Novalis

Novalis Gold IL'ite

Few songs are long forgotten buried under newer beats.
    Few connects drift away in our frenzied undertakings.

But those connects are brought to the fore on incidental recap that jolts me up. Promises silly dank! Things we utter away in playful muses. However when one such pledge withstands through time and testimony in the crucible of jostling fancies, I am reminded that even casual promises transcend much than realization. I am extremely moved by self-expression, the fearless utterance of having someone's back.

upload_2019-6-5_18-57-38.png

Mere Jeet Hai Tu,
    Kise Parvaah Haar Kya Hai
    Tera Rasta Chhodoon Na.

I am amused by the beauty in that quilted expression. I am also amazed by the strength in that bleed.

When someone promises that they will forever stand by us despite the tussle, scarcely can we believe such wild assurance.

Chaahat Hai Meri, Kusoor Nahi Hai
    Dil Jazbati Hai, Majboor Nahi Hai
    Kar Ke Magar Aadha Chhodoon Na
    Khud Se Kiya Waada Todoon Naa
    Tera Rasta Chhodoon Na.

I like you, and I am not faulted about it. I may be emotional yet not wrecked. I started it, I will sustain it! It is a promise to myself than to you. I will never quit on you!

...and when that sparks two-way, the swearing intercuts in each other's life where both of them stand by each other. Human expression is so moving when rightly worded ..Tera Rasta Chhodoon Na

Amulet and Rihana like this.