1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Ode To One Song

Discussion in 'Music and Dance' started by Rihana, Jul 2, 2016.

1. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Coming to private albums, I was *crazy* about this Nazia Hassan's song back then. The melody, the sultry eyes, the handsome silhouette, the satin train, what is there not to like about this song. I wonder what happened to these models Anupama Verma and I forgot the name of the male model. Should look them up.

2. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Here is one more Hindi pop song I was *super-crazy* about.

Peppy! Dancey! Charming and MnB styled dashing model ! Cute plot! Upbeat!

3. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Yesudas was one of the S.Indian singers who had a good grasp of Hindi/Urdu pronunciation. I've heard this song many times over the years, but never got around to watching it. Didn't realize it had Sanjeev Kumar and Waheeda Rehman. I simply like the lyrics, the honesty in them, and that Yesudas sang it (with Lata Mangeshkar). Now, I like it even more... Sanjeev Kumar in his casual style... Waheeda looks meh.. she was perhaps transitioning from songs/heroine to more mature roles.

4. sokanasanah

sokanasanah IL Hall of Fame

Hmmmmm .... to this mélange of sweet! mushy! romantic! peppy! dance-y! songs, allow me to add the most vicious song I know in all of Hindi cinema. I am reminded of this by post#176. Songs in a dard-bari awaaz about bewafaii are a dime a dozen, but they are always tinged with a sense of loss and longing as if the Hero would be quite willing to forgive and forget everything if only she'd come back; and then there's this - Dharmendra in scorched earth mode.

This song is one savage curse from beginning to end. Someday I need to get around to watching the fillum to see how it all turns out, in the end, to find out whether there is any redemption for our stricken Hero and his black heart. I do not know of any other song like this one; it is unique. If you know of one that could match this in its violence, I would like to hear about it!:lol:

Last edited: May 31, 2017
  5. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

Tumse raha nahi jata! Merry and delirious women warbling slushy and dreamy songs and you had to slash the fairy-taled symphony. Bewoosh! You had bring in dard, bewafayee, and the jilted Troilus imprecating the Cressida.

Vicious?! The song was scary! That was Norman Bates sharpening his bowie knife before the shower curtain is ripped off. I've never heard this song before.

I don't listen to heart shattering or bittersweet songs. My Hindi songs are reserved for dance-y jingles or tender scores.

6. Iravati

Iravati Platinum IL'ite

One more mush-mush and kush-kush song. Love the soft melody!

(This is us the typical woman inquiring hundred times a day — Do you love me, how much do you love me, why do you love me, how much more can you love me, and unless we wrest satisfactory answers we don't requite unexplained and unexamined love.)

Mistt likes this.
  7. sokanasanah

You're all about food, na? Think of it as a palate cleanser! :lol:

8. Rihana

Good Lord, soka! That song leaves no shraap (curse) to the imagination. Is a step by step guide. : ) I recall a few songs like Sanjeev Kumar in Anamika (meri bheegi bheegi si palkon pe reh gaye), but none comes close to this one.

9. sokanasanah

Surely you mean 'shaap', no? (Edit window - ahem!!)
    Yes, I know that song - that's the sort of thing I had in mind when I spoke of loss and longing - those verses are wistful, with some bitterness thrown in. "Mere dushman .." is sheer vitriol. A contemporary version of this fellow might well be googling 'acid'.:yikes:

Still, it remains a very powerful song, carrying a kind of corrosive acridity that could make for a great theme on love and hate. I must check out that film, to see how they handled it.

Just trying to stay true to the OP!
    Couldn't get more 'special'!:roflmao:

10. Rihana

Google Translate

I did put shaap first, then recalled the word from Ramayan and Mahabharat on Doordarshan, and went for shraap. Just now google ji confirmed.