1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Intense Love Poem And An Even More Intense Love Story!

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Sep 30, 2009.

1. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

An Intense Love Poem

2. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Boost,

Once again you did.... the ultimate love shown by Rumi is heart rending.

The Ramayana story I had heard before but reading from you makes a lot of difference.

Let me tell you my recent experience... I know you are going to tell me...don't start again...but can't help.

On vijayadashmi day I had been to my favourite temple. We knew it would be crowded but thought of taking a chance. But I never expected that kind of crowd there. We stood in the Q but the Q never moved a step. As already I had lot of leg pain it was becoming difficult for me to stand. Hence I thought of checking as to why the Q was not moving..there I came to know that there was special entrance ticket which would cost 150. I told my DH but we felt it was a large amount for one person. Seeing my plight my DH agreed to take me. We went to procure the ticket and there we came to know two person were allowed in the single ticket. DH went in to get the ticket and did not come out at all..10 min passed no sign of him. My pain had increased and I started pacing up & down. Then I came to know that they \stopped issuing the special ticket too as there was a huge crowd inside the temple. Now tears started rolling down...I told her I have been waiting for your here with this pain..why don't you show some mercy and give me your darshan. As I opened my eyes, I saw a man in white & white standing next to me. I thought another politicain - VIP entry so no chance for us. But when I closely observed the conversation, he turned out to be the administrater and asked to issue the tickets. My joy knew no bounds. We just rushed in but the crowd was large and thougth we can have her glimpse only for few sec. As we neared the sanctum the security there suddenly asked for ticket, when we showed him we went inside the VIP gallery and saw my MOTHER for whole of 10 min. Her smile sending my shivers and more tears. The administrator was standing next to me and handed over the prasadam cover. The priest gave me some flowers from HER feet.... What do you say of HER love... Can we give HER this kind of love...never Sridhar. Ethanai janmam edthalum idhu mudiyadha karyam....

3. manchitra

manchitra Senior IL'ite

I think realising the god even while in pain is the real Bhakthi. I was once blaming God for the i was state in asking how could he do this to me and all. Once i chanced upon a writing which opened my eyes.

It went like this.
    Two people are walking on the beach one is God and other me, Only the foot prints are visible. I walk with the feeling God is beside me. Suddenly everything becomes topsy- turvy and I see only two foot prints . I mope and moan and ask God why he left me alone. Then he smiles and answers. They are my foot prints dear, i am carrying you in my hands. That day was a great revelation to me.

sorry I took lot of space to comment but that is what came to my mind after reading your post.

4. Lalitha Shivaguru

Lalitha Shivaguru Platinum IL'ite

Dear Manchitra,

The text you have quoted is called FOOT PRINTS and my favourite one. It is really an eye opener.. Thanks for bringing it again dear.

5. kavithavel

kavithavel Senior IL'ite

Sridhar Sir's writing can just not open eye of devotion alone.
    We can derive a lot from it to lead a better life.
    I used to love god always, but at time with the materialistic world around and with human beings who are complex in nature and growing responsibilities one can loose temper quite easily.
    I was no doubt a short tempered person till I married.
    Years and experience in life that gave a lil maturity, still temper at times used to take its own toll.
    Only of late , may be since couple of months that I decided and Sridhar sir's writing came in contact in the right time.
    All his writing has preached a lot.
    I used to always love god as I said, but to realise the fact that, where god is , love is and where love is there is passion and where there is passion there can be no temper.
    Can we not see him in every soul around us and can we not see him in every action that we see, then how could we feel angry on the soul in which we see him????

and about Amma , No words at all , Amma is amma.
    Ask a U.kg child to desribe his mother or ask him whom in the world he loves the most, the ans is sponteneous "amma" and the reason.he would never be able to tell.
    Though, his mom may beat him up on his flaws, scold, deep within she would be hurt and cry for herself as to why did she raise her hand on her child.
    I have heard my mom say, Kavi, koilku ponna , anga poin okaru konja neram, don't think or ask for anything,she knows everything, if you don't sit there she would repend and cry for my child didn't have time even to sit for a while, why has my child to slog so much in life. Just like I do when I can't see you relaxed.

As usual sir, I don't have to say a word...you know my reaction to the post... just "Excellent".

regards,
    Kavitha.

6. bars62

bars62 Senior IL'ite

dear shridar sir,

you have expressed beautifully about the dryness and lack of bhakti in visiting temples...and other usual rituals.

the love towards Lord should flow spontaneously and continuously .
    the dry mountains built inside over birth after births should be melted in the heat of bhakti and this melted feeling should come out by way of tears in eyes!!!

i am longing to get this feeling !!!

your love story is really getting intense and i started feeling the depth.

the story from ramayana was excellent.How great the frog is !!!

bharathy.g.

7. amihere

amihere Platinum IL'ite

Sridharji am eagerly waiting for the next part of your blog.

8. varalotti

Dear bas,

For a very specific reason I have started focussing on Rumi. In fact I have ordered his classic book Mathnavi from your city. It may come tomorrow.

The Ramayana Story is something we have to remember again and again to get the very essence of our relationship with God.

I am really moved by the incident you have narrated. Since your DH was kind enough to take me to that temple when we visited you last, I could very well imagine the environment where that great incident happened.

You are right. Even if we take a million births we cant repay Her love.

But let me add just one more dimension to that incident. Even if She does not let us see Her, even if we are brutally blocked by forces from seeing Her, our Love for her should be the same. Even then we should cry thinking of Her love.

What do I have to add after those great expressions. thanks for sharing the incident here in this blog space.
    love,
    boost

9. sreedevikan

sreedevikan New IL'ite

HI SRIDHAR GARU
    i was moved by your blog .recently i asked many people and browsed net to find answer to my question why do we need temples when God is in our hearts
    i found one article in which one swamy answers to same question the meaning for temple means
    T – Tranquility
    E – Education
    M – Medication
    P – Purification
    L – Love
    E – Engagement
    The tranquility is a natural result of the divine vibrations that constantly pervade a temple. Those vibrations result from both the presence of the Lord in His deity form as well the constant chanting of His holy names. Many, many people come to the temple in the evening to de-stress themselves before returning home. They take darshan of the deities, attend the worship or sit in the temple hall taking in the divine atmosphere. Thus they become mentally recharged to cope with the challenges of life.

Science tells us how to do things, but spirituality alone teaches us why to do things and temples are places which feeds us with metaphysical concepts in our life
    our love towards god starts in temples only
    Love for God certainly directs our vision to the other world, the eternal spiritual world beyond the temporary material world
    thank you for bringing out my love towards god to surface

10. varalotti

Dear Chithra,
    I had once included this dialogue in one of my stories.(or Oh My God, series, I am not sure)

"Do you think the person who chants God's name because he would get bliss, liberation or salvation or a place in heaven, a lover of God?"

"No. When there is a strict prohibition against chanting God's name, when we know for sure if we chant God's name we will go to the lowliest of hells, or that we will be beheaded, at that time if somebody chant's God's name well, he and he alone is a lover of God."

That story is a great one to constantly meditate upon, Chithra. Many of us know the story, that's for sure. It's one of the most circulated forward mails. But even then when I read the story something is happening in me. I would even suggest meditating upon the meaning of this story as a part of regular pooja and meditation.

Thanks for your presence, Chithra. There is no space restriction for comments. Even if the length of your comments exceed the length of the blog, it's okay.

love,
    sridhar