1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Indo- German Expedition

Discussion in 'Stories (Fiction)' started by desposhwetha, Oct 22, 2017.

1. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Interesting story shwetha. Brilliant narration.

2. desposhwetha

desposhwetha Gold IL'ite

Chapter 6

Aarushi was not sure if she should talk about her vision to Ishaan in front of Maya and Arjun. She had known them for only 1 day now. She decided it would be best if to discuss in private.

Nothing- Aarushi.

Oh. Alright. – Ishaan said not so relieved.

She kept looking at Ishaan for him to get her message. It was Arjun who understood it and nudged Maya. Come on Maya, let us place these mugs in the dish washer and get back to bed. My eyes are heavy already.

Without waiting for a response, he picked his and Ishaan’s mug and walked out. Maya followed suit. Aarushi immediately locked the door and held Ishaan’s hand tightly.

Ish, something is wrong. I am getting wild images. I saw the castle, a horse, a sword and me and Arjun on the cards. Even this afternoon, I visioned Maya in grave danger and that is why I rushed to meet you both. I am sure something is wrong Ish. I am getting these strange visions after many years now and I am sure these are not day dreams. They seem to convey something to me.

Ish listened in rapt attention. He made her sit on his chair and held her hands until they stopped trembling. Listen Aarushi, we know you have these visions and all this while, whatever you have visioned has come true. But now, it is too premature to decide and act. Just relax. Don’t panic.

No no, Ish. Let us not take this lightly. We should not go to the castle tomo, Aarushi pleaded.

But we have already made the tour bookings. All is set now Arush, just relax- Ishaan tried to console her.

She knew it was not easy to change a plan when her dad was involved. He was a tough taskmaster. He made plans and struck to them. She heard voices of Arjun and Maya and opened the door.

Not a word to them, she winked and picked the scattered cards.

Please be nice to Maya. She is alone with you, Ish begged.

Oh, you seemed to be interested in her. Good. Dad will be happy Ish, she pinched her cheeks.

Oh shut up Aarushi, Ish brushed her and saw Arjun entering the room.

Ok, shall we hit the sack then? Arjun asked looking at Ishaan avoiding Aarushi.

Aarushi made a short chat with Maya below closing her eyes and except her, the three slept fitfully.

Aarushi picket her favorite brown top and she put on a beige jacket. Very deftly she put her printed scarf round her neck in a new style, she had learned. She had wavy hair which she left loose. With a nude lip gloss, she looked adorable. She offered Maya her blue jacket and helped her tie a scarf. She even suggested a new hairdo for her. It was a nice feel to talk about hair and makeup as Ishaan never understood it.

When she went to pick her plate, Arjun looked at heard his heart bounce again. She was so beautiful and he couldn’t resist looking her. Damn, is this my first love, he murmured in his breath.

Devi and Padma had made a heavy breakfast that was extremely delicious. Let us stick to this pattern. Ishaan drives you three while I take the elders, Dharma informed. Great the kids screamed, except Aarushi. In the car, they spoke about their school; their university, the JEEE. Women safety in both the countries and it was so much fun for them. Even Aarushi seemed to have forgotten the cards and was very happy with them. Her initial dislike was fading out slowly. Devi had gifted her a beautiful lehenga and a traditional silk kurti. Her uncle seemed very caring and a jovial man to be around. She felt sad for treating Maya badly the first day. It was Maya who cheered them throughout with her songs, her joked and her innocence. Ishaan is smitten by her, she thought.

She couldn’t be sure if she liked Arjun or not. He was an excellent brother like Ishaan. But he was not the funny guys like she had met in Germany. He seemed to talk data all the time. Many times, she felt the physics or chemistry book speak aloud.

The neuschwanstein castle is the most popular castle in Germany. Fondly referred to as Disney castle. The literal translation would mean NEW-SWAN-STONE castle. Like many other castles, there is a long history to this one. Ishaan was playing his tour guide role while driving. The then King was inspired by

Richard Wagner and built this castle from his personal funding. You will enjoy this place, I suppose. The horse rise, the boat ride and the castle tour. Dad has asked for an English tour guide and he would tell you more.

Maya was very excited and was looking outside the window. The sun was not out yet and it was like a movie for her. She wanted to get out of the car and sing aloud. Aarushi on the other hand was remembering her last visit to this palace with her school friends some 5 years ago. In the other car, the parents were busy chatting and laughing. Very often, one of them would turn back to check if Ishaan was following them and wave at the kids.

Arjun was clicking pictures occasionally. Aarushi was sitting diagonally behind him. She offered a pack of butter pretzels to him. He picked one and looked back at her.

Without a word, he dropped the pretzel. There was not the Aarushi he saw anymore. He saw her in a red saree, long hair braided with lots of jasmine, a big bindi, huge jhumkas. She had dark kajal which made her eyes more beautiful. He continued staring, until Maya noticed him.

Anna, what are you doing? She teased him and punched his arm, before he got back to his senses. Aarushi was not sure of his long stare and quickly looked out of the window. She didn’t want to tell him that she saw her royal image in his eyes and was in the same state of shock. Something is wrong, she confirmed.

Rampuri9 likes this.
  3. Rampuri9

Rampuri9 Silver IL'ite

Interesting Shwetha ..eager to know what happens in the castle

desposhwetha likes this.
  4. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Royal image???
    Rebirth?

desposhwetha likes this.
  5. peddadas

peddadas Platinum IL'ite

Oh..where is the heading to ? Love Story ? Sixth Sense Based Story ... lots of unanswered questions but good to read..

6. Padhmu

Padhmu IL Hall of Fame

so interesting. what is next?

7. desposhwetha

desposhwetha Gold IL'ite

Thanks everyone for the response. Will update the twist of events soon.

For the benefit of readers pretzel is the most fav type of bread in Germany. It is usually eaten during breakfast or as a snack with butter.

8. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Wonderful narration!
    Different journal and has Indian set up as base.
    Pls post 2-3 episodes together.
    Hooked on!

9. creativemumma

creativemumma Gold IL'ite

Waiting eagerly for their castle trip update

10. desposhwetha

desposhwetha Gold IL'ite

Chapter 7

Arjun became restless, unable to reconcile from the image he had just seen. This was overwhelming and exhausting him. It was not only Aarushi who had noticed something strange, but Arjun was trying hard to pull facts together. When he had seen Aarushi for the first time, she was not familiar at all. It was definitely their first meet. Yet, he felt a strong affection and connect. When Aarushi ran to the forest to save Maya, Arjun was more shocked than relieved on wondering how she could have known about it. He didn’t fail to notice her trembling hands last night while playing cards and understood she needed help, volunteering to leave the bro-sis in private. And today, her royal image that had flashed for microseconds was terribly disturbing him. He was shifting uncomfortably in his seat and Ishaan did notice him, though chose not to enquire.

This is scary, Devi finally announced. Dharma and Ishaan had been encircling the parkhause for quite a long time to find a parking place. Everything was automated. Sekar was enjoying every bit of the trip, while Devi voiced out aloud her fears. This is really scary you know, she continued. I find only machines more than people here. Are you not feeling lonely? Looks like you have to do it all by yourself. It is good to have machines, but I miss the human faces.

Well, that is also why our lives have become mechanical now. It is true that we trust machines more than men. Especially here. You will get used to this soon, Dharma and his wife assured. When you don’t know the laws of this land, it is indeed a challenge to survive alone, they agreed.

Arjun walked slowly to join the elders. Ishaan produced the entry tickets and informed that they would be meeting a tour guide who could speak in English at the entrance. The castle is located in Fussen in the Alps region. Even from where they were standing, they could see snow in the peaks and Maya was super excited and shouted at the sight of the White Mountains. Yes, it was the first time she was seeing snow. Her eyes twinkled in happiness and Ishaan was looking at her more than once, before his mom caught him and smiled at him. Quickly he started his way on the hilly path to the entrance. Autumn was presenting its beautiful side to them, with enthralling colors. Maya was busy with the camera. Ishaan suggested the elders take the horse ride while they walked along. It was indeed a short walk and since Maya wanted to have pictures, the parents agreed.

Don’t worry. We would walk as bodyguards for you. The horses are extremely slow, Ishaan reassured.

Ishaan’s and Arjun’s parents boarded one carriage each gleefully. Ishaan was guiding Maya on the best places to pose. Aarushi approached Arjun who was lost in thoughts.

Arjun, I want a coffee, can you walk with me? – She asked him looking deep in his eyes.

Guys, we will get coffee for all of us, Arjun announced and turned to Aarushi.

They walked to the café in silence.

The horse ride was designed to be a slow ride for the passengers to enjoy the scenic beauty. Arjun knew Maya would keep Ishaan busy for some time and that meant they could talk undisturbed. He badly wanted to talk to Aarushi on his flood of thoughts.

She ordered milchcaffee for all of them and sat in a corner. Arjun sat opposite to her. He waited for her to speak.

Arjun, I know what you saw in the car- Aarushi spoke in a hush. Arjun’s brow rose.

I could see it in your eyes- Aarushi explained.

He didn’t utter a word.

Look, I think there is some mystery in this. I have been seeing visions of you in the cards we played yesterday. I also got visions of Maya in some danger and that is why I rushed to the woods yesterday. You know I have some ESP rarely and they...

Before she could continue, Arjun interrupted.

I know about your ESP. Ishaan told me about it. Now, are you sure on what sort of problem are we going to encounter?

Not really. They all seem to be pieces of a jigsaw. I can’t fit them into a proper image- She sighed.

Don’t worry. Let us solve this together. The more you stress, the more you miss out on enjoying this trip. Your mom and mine have already noticed our sad faces and let us not panic them. Does Ishaan know about this? Arjun asked softly.

Aarushi was calming down with Arjun’s voice and she felt more relaxed now. This guy seems to be gentle she thought. His nerdy eyes were looking at her for an answer.

Yes, I told him yesterday. But he doesn’t know what happened today- Aarushi answered.

Ok. Let us get back now. We just have to be watchful- Arjun got up to pay for the coffee.

Aarushi pulled her wallet and settled the bill.

You are our guest, she reasoned. Hide your wallet for the next three weeks.

Yes, but I have enough to pay, Arjun pulled the bill towards him.

Oh, come on. You can treat me when I visit you, she replied with a smile.

I would love to host you, Arjun looked down at her eyes, and your family of course, he added hurriedly.

They walked out of the café with the coffee mugs to find Ishaan posing for Maya near a cliff. The horse was 100 m ahead of them and they could hear Dharma and Sekar sing an old Tamil song loudly and the women laughing to it.

Hardly had they walked ten feet, the horses gave a loud neigh and started galloping towards the cliff. Ishaan and Maya stood frozen while the parents shouted STOP, ISHAAN RUN, ISHAAN SAVE MAYA, ARJUN WHERE ARE YOU?

Maya and Ishaan quickly ducked out of the path. Aarushi and Arjun dropped the coffee mugs and ran in front of the horses. Like a magic, the horses stopped their and stood still. Crowd had gathered and people spoke in various languages on how lucky they were. Not many noticed Aarushi and Arjun and believed the horses had stopped by themselves. The elders got down and rushed to their kids. They talked aloud with Ishaan and Maya joining in confessing their fears. The owner of the horse ride apologized profusely and explained them that this is the first time in his 30 years, he had seen the horses go wild.

They are trained for this, and this has never happened before. However, I understand the shock and trauma it would have caused. I am sorry for this. Please take your money back, he offered.

Ishaan and Dharma knew what he was telling was true. They walked to the café to relax themselves. Arjun told Aarushi in a whisper, Looks like an interesting puzzle has to be solved by us soon. He winked at her and she knew he was right.