1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Episode of My Life From Evening to the Next Morning..........

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by Meeta, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dear Ilites......
    Things used to happen in our life everyday......some of which has gr8 impact in our life....others we simply forget the next moment itself......
    It just happened to me last evening and I will probably remember it forever in my life. During our usual evening walk, I screamed at one point noticing something very tiny, it made my hubby who was in his dreamland to look at the direction pointed by me.
    We both were in awe to look at this tiny little crature who is of my thumb size.......it was a small bird and from its size, we can guess that it must be a week old...it took both of us to think what to do at that point. We just paused for a while and then DH took that bird onto his palm.......and then suddenly the bird started making some noise like......chir.....chir....which is barely audible.
    From that time onwards, our mission to keep that little creature started......we brought this new member into our home.....hubby made a cozy living place for him/her........then the question of feeding it arised. Anyways, after a long discussion, we have decided to feed it some milk through a syringe......
    It has a very tiny mouth and the flow of milk into his body can be seen through its transparent skin. After some time, we though that he is OK now...
    We made a schedule of feeding him after every half an hour and kept him warm with all the coverings etc. I had lots of dreams about him whether he will come back to us after he learn to fly and blah.....blah.........
    But DH kept telling me that he needs its mom for proper incubation and for gizzard milk which is full of hormone that helps these little birds to grow.
    Finally we went to sleep after midnight with full of dreams for him.
    Today, early in the morning, DH woke up, warmed milk for this little creature..fed him but he told me that probably my little birdie has very less time in this earth. It made me sad but I had hope to see him fly.
    After reaching office, I called home and DH told me that my little birdie is no more. I felt so sad and this half a day attachment with that little creature was a memorable incident for us.
    We had even cancelled our trip next weekend just to take care of this birdie.....alas.....now that birdie episode is closed in our life forever........
    Just thought to share this with all my IL frds. Thanks for reading this.
    Regards.
    Attaching pics of the bird while DH feeding him.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008

2. Sujimallige

Sujimallige Bronze IL'ite

Oh dear Meeta, that was heart touching really!!!
    Can understand ur feeling of disappointment in loosing it.
    But one thing...it was in such gud and caring hands when it was to breath its last.U have done all u could to save it.
    Hope it has a longer and better next life..

suji

3. lathamohan

lathamohan Bronze IL'ite

Hi meeta,
    Very touching,
    So good of u and ur DH to look after a tiny creature, yes I can understand ur feelings .
    regards,
    latha

4. Oviya

Oviya Silver IL'ite

Dear Meeta,

So nice of you both to take a very good care...I had goosebumps reading it.

Our life is so mysterious. We don't know the surprises or shocks, the next moment has for us.

So emotional...Thanks for sharing. Brought a new sense of affection.

Last edited: Apr 24, 2008
  5. Sowparnika

Sowparnika Silver IL'ite

hi meeta,
    it was so nice of u and ur hubby to care for the little birdie....such a warm gesture....dont worry abt what happened....hope u get over it soon....

6. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Meeta,
    Nice to read you and your husband gesture towards that tiny little bird, which captured your hearts and our hearts too...looking at the picture made us feel sad....
    Don't worry, you had tried your best....it was in the best hands before his/her departure...praying for his/her soul to rest in peace..

I can understand what you are going through now..this is the bond we have with nature...

sriniketan

7. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Meeta,
    I can understand your feeling.
    The bird is sooooo tiny....... OH GOD...
    And its so wonderful that you and your husband took care of it.

Even we had brought 2 parakeets for my kids to have them as pet. my kids had named them Barney (younger son's pet) and Tommy(older son't pet).
    Everyday we used to put clean water, food etc for the bird.
    During winter time, I used to reduce the temperature in the house and leave for the office, but my husband used to scold me not to reduce the temperature as these birds would feel cold. So I never used to keep it very cold at home.. whenever we are around, it used to chirp a lot and it makes lots of sound when train passes by...
    it had become part of our family and we used to spend time looking at them.
    But one sunday morning, Tommy had fallen down in the cage.
    My husband took the Tommy in hand and saw it was breathing but it didn't had any strength. We fed water etc thru the syringe and wrapped the bird with small towel.
    After few mins, it died.. we were so sad that day and felt that something really bad happened to us. Then my husband and kids, went to the back yard and did a funeral to the bird. Now Barney is all alone by itself. We tried to let off Barney, but it was not able to fly and we were scared that some cats might eat it off. SO we kept Barney with us. We need to get another partner to it.
    But I feel bad that in case if we can't take care of these animals, why to get them and kill them in our house.
    So decided not to get any pets.

Regards.

8. sunkan

sunkan Gold IL'ite

dear meeta,
    i know the wrenching feeling we have, once a bat and its tiny were hanging from our coconut tree and saw it is trapped with the kite flying thread and tried saving it but in vain when i saw the mother and child dead i felt sometime even intervention does not help even my sil giri tried bringing it down as he is very tall, wrote a tamil poem on it, which was very soulful..life and its mysteries..when i saw the pic it is too tiny to survive..sunkan

9. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

Hi Dear Suji, Puni, Latha, Srini, Oviya, Swoparnika and Sundari Ma'am,
    Yes, we felt bad.....yesterday after reaching home when I open the fridge, I saw the little milk bottle of the birdie and the syringe kept adjacent to it.......
    Anyways, felt happy that we tried at least.....
    In fact I had never seen such small bird in my life......so thought to share it with all my ILite frds......
    Thanks for reading and commenting.
    Regards.

10. Meeta

Meeta Bronze IL'ite

yes ma'am, I can feel the pounding of your heart at that sight.....but at least you have tried to rescue it and as per the say......she has that much of life only in this earth.......
    Regards.