1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Avalanche Of Apples!

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by meenasankaran, Oct 22, 2018.

1. Cheeniya

Cheeniya Super Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@meenasankaran
    My dear Meena
    Your nightmare is our delight! What an imaginative mind! My decision to retire slowly from Rambling appears fully justified with the arrival of writers like you. Adieu cheeniya, welcome meena!
    Sri

meenasankaran likes this.
  2. poovai

poovai Platinum IL'ite

We pay minimum $1.99 per lb for apples, is it for packing / shipping to our local stores?

I love the varieties of fruits when I visit bay area, this time of the year. My friends sit around watch me, when I enjoy them with great enthusiasm! Their friends in the neighborhood drop it off their bags and often say, you have guests visiting this week! When an out of town guest visits, the news spreads like a wild fire...Now I know why? It is awesome to enjoy it for a week. I guess, moderation is the key for everything.

I heard that used to be vineyards in that region, such a good soil. Everything grows in abundance.

Last edited: Oct 24, 2018
  3. meenasankaran

meenasankaran Platinum IL'ite

@Viswamitra
    Dear Viswa sir,

Isn't there a karmic law that says the children reap what the parents sow? Or something to that effect?. That is precisely the case with the kids in my classroom. :grinning: What the parent brings, the child must take home. That is simple justice to my way of thinking. :biggrin:

//Two trains left the stations which are 200 KMs apart from each other. One passenger train is traveling at an average speed of 50 KMs per hour and an express train is traveling at an average speed of 70 KMs per hour. At what point, these two trains will cross each other?//

Oh yes, I remember facing such problems like these in my middle school years. I remember answering one such train question like this. - "Dear teacher, I prefer to fly so I wouldn't know about the trains." I have a vague memory of that teacher taking voluntary retirement soon after that exam. Funny because she wasn't even that old. :biggrin::biggrin:

Thanks for visiting Viswa sir.:)

Viswamitra likes this.
  4. meenasankaran

@HazelPup - I think it was more a case of the cow finding that its colon is as smooth as it is ever going to get. :wink1:

HazelPup likes this.
  5. meenasankaran

@kkrish
    Dear Kamala,

I am moved beyond tears at your suggestion that I receive a Nobel prize. :number_one: No one has ever called me a genius especially in the subject of Math. There are some combinations that is understood to fall under the 'oil and water' category. Most folks don't think they go together. Our esteemed president and eloquent speaking, tamil TV serials and edge-of-the-seat entertainment, my dad and hindi movies, Meena and Math are a few examples of this category. Or so I thought. You have given me the confidence to clear some space in my mantle for the Nobel that is coming my way. :D

Yes, I did forget to mention the flood of flowers on Vijayadasami day. As the last student leaves the room, I usually find myself sitting in a room surrounded by an untold amount of bouquets and flower pots. Kind of like a song sequence in an Indian movie.

kkrish, HazelPup and Viswamitra like this.
  6. Viswamitra

Viswamitra IL Hall of Fame

Moved to another place.

7. meenasankaran

@Gauri03

Dear Gauri,

Managing the mountain of fruits and flowers once a year during Navarathri is itself too much for me to handle. Being the owner of 5 abundantly yielding fruit trees in the sunny CA might just push me to the brink of insanity. Kudos to you and your creative mind for finding ingenious ways of getting those apples out of your home. :clap2: You are my new hero. :D Love the picture, by the way. :clapclap:

Gauri03 likes this.
  8. meenasankaran

@Cheeniya

Dear Sri uncle,

It is undoubtedly my pure pleasure to delight you :wink1: but not at the expense of your retirement from writing. Please don't do that. Your ramblings have a huge following in this site and it will be a shame to disappoint your readers. Let's make a deal here. I will promise to try and tickle a laugh out of you a little more regularly than I have been doing these past few years if you promise to continue writing. :beer-toast1: What say you? :D

Viswamitra likes this.
  9. meenasankaran

@poovai

Dear Poovai,

I used to live in CA a decade ago and have enjoyed the fertility of the bay area soil myself. Though we didn't have a backyard big enough to plant fruit trees, some of our friends grew their own vegetables and fruits and it was a constant amazement for me to see those gardens. And yes, there are plenty of vineyards in the northern part of the bay area. You should go visit if you ever get a chance. It is a sight that will stay with you forever. Thanks for stopping by Poovai.

10. meenasankaran

//Moved to another place.//

My math teacher, you mean Viswa sir? Quite possible. :D

kkrish likes this.