1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An arranged marriage turned into love

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vijubala, Feb 1, 2008.

1. vijubala

vijubala Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,
    I am Vijubala. Just I wanted to share the sweet memoirs of my marriage.We are married for close to 6 yrs.My hubby Bala & me belong to the same town near trichy called Karur.He is a development manager in a SW firm called i2.We had an arranged cum love marriage!!.After he came to see me (arranged by my parents on nov 10th 2001),v fell in love for the first sight.My parents allowed him to talk with me & we started talking nearly for half an hour ending up with others getting impatient,nearly four times my MIL came to the room in which we were talking to remind him to leave,but he was not at all in a mood to leave.Then he left ,but I felt in my heart he is my man.After that,our engagement date was fixed & it was on 20th of jan,02.He called me on 26th of nov'01 ,from Bombay(he was there for a project for a year).He called me around 11:00 am.I was so excited that he called me,but my petty brain started to calculate Oh!! he is calling me from a long distance at this time,the meter reading will run,I am losing my money(even b'fore marriage I thought in this way,how stingy am I).So we talked for some 15mins(that's not less)but I told him"STD bill may go high,so you call me after 8:30 pm.
    By this time my parents decided that not to allow us till our engagement is over.That night he called me & met with a big disappintment.My dad allowed me to talk only a few words,snatched the receiver from me(daddy too bad on ur part)& told him that we can talk after engagement.So till jan 20th we had not talked with each other.He had wrote in a memories note book how he spent these two months without talking with me,managing with work with the thoughts of me disturbing him,gifted this book,with a titan watch,apair of cuddly teddies(cho chweet...) to me for valentine's day(14th feb 02,by this time we were engaged).Still we treasure that note book.But he sent a card to me stating how he felt very happy abt meeting me,feeling proud to have me in his life.Thanx to my dad,he allowed me to reply to this card.I sent a new yr wish,advance B'day wish since his B'day is on 18th jan.
    In the mean time I was cursing my sis(B'coz she only induced my parents' for not allowing me to talk with him)& was passing time in his thoughts.At times I used to take his photo(courtesy:my in-laws) & :kiss him so hard.Too pity on the photographBig Laughthat only knows the count.WE both did'nt realise that we had fallen in love.At last the glorious day came.He returned from Bombay to B'lore & came to see me on his B'day(2 days before our engagement)but with my SIL,her husband.He brought a bouquet of bright red roses,a whole box of ferrero rocher chocolates,carried it without leaving it down even for a sec,without sleeping for the whole night in the train & gave me.Still I endear that moment close to my heart.Still my SIL mocks at me saying"anni,my brother had bought flowers & handed it to U safely without crushing them,so U can't blame him saying he is not buying even a cubit of flowers for me,for ur whole life time":rotfl.Then our marriage was fixed on 24th mar'02.Again 3 more months gap.So we were allowed to talk .But again he had to start work in b'lore,from the next day .So thereon almost everyday he used to call me.At times even thrice for a day.Every weekend he used to come to see me.My in-laws were furiated:eek:mg:(b'coz b'fore that he was not coming to our native even for Diwali,to stay with them:)).But he never mind any thing & we were flying high on our love.He contd to come & see me.(courtesy:my parents,allowed us to talk in privacy:tongue).He used to write letters,send cards very often,I too sent atleast one for a week,besides talking everyday even for 2 hrs at times:lol:.Now he warned me not to talk abt STDmeter running;-).I collected all Ilaiyaraja songs(I am an ardent fan of him),esp. "om namaha" from "idhayathai thirudathe",I confessed my love thru this song,"YES I LOVE THIS IDIOT,I LOVE THIs LOVABLE IDIOT,kadhal kavithaigal padithidum neram" from Gopura vasalile.I put the cassette in my walk man,plugged the head phone into his ears in front of my mom & played the song.Still the smile he made on hearing it with embarassment,joy,love for me ,it was an expression of mixed feeling & I adore it even today.He is a nice verse writer.So we were in troubled pleasure.Yes love is a troubled -pleasure.It's pleasure whenever ur love is around & it is a trouble making u feel the pangs of seperation when ur sweetheart is away.We both experienced it.
    Then we went to purchase our wedding silks at trichy on 23rd of feb with my family & his parents.My SIL had just then delivered her second baby(son).So she stayed home.But was not in a good mood,b'coz 22nd was her b'day.Even I had called her & wished her.But Bala forgot it in thoughts of me.22nd night he had called but not to wish her but to remind her to buy & have head & shoulders shampoo for the morning bath,as to groom him well for our shopping at trichy:wink:.My SIL even till this day play pranks at me saying "my brother forgot to wish me on my b'day,in memories of U,which he had never done b'fore in the past" .Then we both walked hand in hand,he whole day.Went all around N.S.B road,buying sarees,dress materials for us & family.Even the sales guys at the counter(courtesy:Laxmi silks trichy) were not believing that we r yet to b married sweet :shock: for them,that we were so close b'fore marriage;-).Thanx to both of our parents.It was the unforgettable day of my LOVE LIFE!!!-23rd of feb'02.YES the day of our First :kiss:)shhh:CENSORED)I am ablushed:biggrin2:.Then we came back home.At times I used to laugh at the movies showing the lovers smiling themselves alone.But that day I myself did the same.My SIL called me & was asking "anni,wat did u do yesterday,anna is continuosly smiling to himself without saying the reason,something is fishy",she started teasing us.
    ALAS!!!! my parents also got some suspicion.SO AGAIN A 144 FOR US NOT TO TALK IN THE PHONE:bang
    So again we had to stay apart without talking,meeting .But this time it was even more painful than the first time.He had sent a card & a verse with it.still it is evergreen in my thoughts.I wish to quote it here. KANGALUKKU KOODA PORAMAI
    NAM KADHALAI KANDU KARAIGIRATHE!!
    KAALAM KOODA THAN GANATHTHAI KATTUDHE!
    KAADHAL PITHO?
    KANAVIL KOODA THOOKAM VARUVATHILLAYE

NEE NENJIL PATHITHA NINAIVUGAL
    NITHAM NITHAM ANANDHAM.
    KANAMMA,
    SARI,SARI,KANGALAI MOODIKKOL
    NAAN URANGA VENDUM...
    This is my best transliteration of it in Eng.Even today he calls me KANNAMMA..& I too.Finally the day of our marriage came.We were engaged in wedlock.We went to Shimla kulu,manali for our honeymoon.So now we are couples made for each other,with a loving daughter of 6yrs young(3rd feb'03,is her D.O.B).So I dedicate this post to my loving hubby& daughter for her B'day.
    Thanx to all the loving ladies here for taking time to read my love life.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2008
    2 people like this.

2. jaanu_2721

jaanu_2721 Bronze IL'ite

such a bigggggggggggggggg post vijubala? kanyways nice to read . all the best for ur future.. enjoy the life :party

3. kanaka

kanaka Bronze IL'ite

May you be blessed with good children . Let u live happily. Viju just read my posting under 'Snippets" Maried divorced ye :ideatliving together. See those strange people!

4. krish22

krish22 Senior IL'ite

Hi Vijubala,

Nice tale of love,
    I wish you all the best for future.

5. ssubhasr

ssubhasr Silver IL'ite

hi viju

such a nice story...i cud remember my "arrange marriage which turned into love" like yours.

6. vijubala

vijubala Bronze IL'ite

Dear friends,
    Thank you so much for all your replies & wishes.Thank u so much for spending so much time to read my looonnnnggg post,as jaanu said.I am sorry jaanu,if I have wasted ur time.but thanx for ur wishes,yes I'm partying all thru my life.I love my hubby so ,much,So noted the length of the post only after finished writing it.
    Krish,thanx for u also that my love tale amused u.
    Subha,i'm glad that u got memories of ur marriage.
    Kanaka,Thanx for ur blessings & wishes.
    Btw ,coming sunday (3rd feb)is my daughters b'day.I wish all friends wish her & bless her.she is turning 6yrs.Thanx once again for all.

7. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

Hey Viju.............. what a romantic story :clap. I really really enjoyed reading your experience. I felt like my best friend sitting next to me and describing her exciting love & marriage experiences. The way you've narrated is so real, that I could have the video imagination running on my mind screen. And your hubby's poem (in tamil)........... adaengappa what a feel..... what a feel. It really proves his unconditional love for you. Touch wood............. I mean it touch wood please.

To be very frank, your love cum marriage experience was my DREAM (before marriage). Because, I wanted an arrange marriage (coz it's safe and will never fail) but certainly to fall in love with him on first sight and the high light is Jammu.kulu manali honey moon. Though it didn't happen the exact way for me. Iam happy. I think that's why my inner :eek mind rang a bell, when I read your story. I was smiling & laughing while reading. You won't believe, you've changed my mood completely :cheers. Thank you dear once again for sharing this wonderful experience with us. Nice memories to catch up with.

And to my surprise, my son's Date of birth is also 03/02/03. I wish a very :birthday to your sweet daughter.

May god shower all his blessing to you & your hubby (very very sweet couple) and your cute daughter.

Bye for now Viju.

8. puni88

puni88 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Hi Vijubala,
    Such a wonderful story....
    I made me to visualize the whole picture.
    Sometime it looked like Maniratnam's movie too...
    May god bless you and your family with full of happiness and health.

~Punitha

9. kads

kads Senior IL'ite

Very well said aabhi....I myself was going to write what exactly u had written...Its so romantic on his husbands part.Such times r very rare who enjoys r very lucky ......This doestn mean i havent:)....

Hope u continue with such love for ur rest of ur life ...Try and give the same luv and attention he gave u when u most wanted....All the best to u and wishes to ur swety cuty daughter on her birthday:birthday

BYE

10. Aabhi

Aabhi Gold IL'ite

puni..... true. it sounds like maniratnam movie.

prompt comments.