1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

An alternative to Silk Saree?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by JGVR, Dec 31, 2011.

1. samraa

samraa Bronze IL'ite

hi , Uppada sarees are very light to wear and look elegant.the sarees look simple and that is why they need to be paired with a heavy work blouse.usually stone work blouses go well with uppadas

2. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Ok dear...

For bridal make up, I suggest Naturals... They are very good... For the wedding, it is always best to get urself dressed up at the parlor...

3. swaathiha

swaathiha Platinum IL'ite

Hi Gayathri akka.... jus try in SAKHI FASHIONS....... TRENDY N TRADITIONAL COLLECTIONS... tHEN Aavaranaa boutique for custom made silk n other sarees.... jus an idea....:)

4. Gayathrisundar1

Gayathrisundar1 New IL'ite

Hi,

I have bad experience with naturals salon, some months back i went porur naturals for hair trim. Hmmm, those guys instead of trimming my hair they reduced my hair length. hmmmm. u know that time only my marriage was fixed got good scolding from mom. from that mom not allowing me to go to naturals. Please suggest some other palour.

5. Gayathrisundar1

Gayathrisundar1 New IL'ite

Thanks Swaathiha,

Can you send me that shop address or web link

6. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

I have been to Nungambakkam as well as T. Nagar Naturals... Both are good but I liked T. Nagar parlor more... Green Trends in Anna Nagar is good it seems... I have heard that Mythilis is also good...

7. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Thanks for all your suggestions on sarees.Sure will shop for those sarees.

8. shantisubra

shantisubra Gold IL'ite

Hi JGVR

Have you bought the engagement saree or not yet. My suggestion is, pls. dont buy Kanjeevaram or any other silks for Engagement. Buy a nice work saree or patch work costume designer saree in nice contrast color with printed jardosi blouse and matching accessories. Its a special day in your life and you should look the best. Secondly this occasion is more than interesting than the wedding as there you have to leave the house and go away to settle down. Here you will be back home and can plan for a nice wedding shopping and this time of life is the most enjoyable and unforgettable one. So dont leave a single stone unturned for this great day. Pls. post the pics of your saree and the engagement.

For make up, have something very light and nice one with hair accessories matching to your attire. Dont go for traditional kunjalam, flowers and other routines. Have a bun with flowing hair down which will look so beautiful I guess Maha Beauty Parlour or Kanya Beauty Parlour are good in Mylapore. Try also Lakme........

Good luck.
    Shanti