1. Interested in Natural Skin Care Solutions?: Check Here
    Dismiss Notice

An alternative to Silk Saree?

Discussion in 'Clothing & Apparels' started by JGVR, Dec 31, 2011.

1. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Hi,

I have a family function which is coming around the corner.I am not interested in buying silk saree.I came across ahimsa silk,mysore silk as alternatives for silk sarees.Can you please suggest any other material which i can look for instead of silk saree?iam looking for elegant sarees with light zari border and price range upto 7k.I will be doing my shopping in chennai.

2. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

There was a family function recently and my mom wanted a saree with very light zari, so she went for Vasundhara Saree.. Thats again a silk saree but it has a different pattern and very light zari... It looks very elegant... The price of the saree is 4775/-...

3. Gayathrisundar1

Gayathrisundar1 New IL'ite

Please tel where this shop located in chennai ..

4. inlovewithmylyf

Its Pothys in T. Nagar, Chennai...

5. chocolate

chocolate Platinum IL'ite

Jgvr,Mysore Silk and Pochampalli are good alternatives.If you dont like Zari ask the store people to show you Mysore Silk without Zari.That is good too.The great thing about the mysore silk is it drapes fantastically and you will glitter in it.Its saree for everybody.The best part is its not too heavy and after a while like in zari saree you wont start dragging yourself around.Which we end up doing becoz of zari sarees weight.Atleast I do.Mysore silk is ideal.Otherwise you can try Pochampalli sarees.They express elegance.Ask them to show you something trademark in pochampalli like cream color to red/maroon border.That is the ideal combo in pochampalli.Good Luck and dazzle in your new saree.

1 person likes this.
  6. Gayathrisundar1

I need to buy saree for my enangement, is these saree good for engagement ?

7. inlovewithmylyf

No, I would not suggest that saree for the engagement if ur the bride... I would suggest u to go for a costlier one that has some more nice work on it... If ur attending someone else's engagement, then that saree is a good one... But again, if u feel u dont wanna spend too much for an engagement saree, then u can go for it(but it has light zari only)... Go to Pothys, u will find a vast collection of sarees there... One of my friend recently bought Samudrika Pattu saree(it has nice zari) for 8000/- and it was really beautiful... It was a maroon saree with gold and orange border... I liked it a lot... It looked grand too... Ask for Samudrika Pattu sarees... U can select one from the collection... They have budget ranging from 6000 to 60000+... U can buy nice costly Samudrika Pattu saree for the wedding too...

8. Gayathrisundar1

Hi,

I need to buy saree for my engagement. later for my marriage. i think marriage will be on June only.

As of now planned to buy 2 silk saree for my engagement. Please suggest some saree types and shop names.

My budget total budget 20k.

Thanks,
    Gayathri

9. inlovewithmylyf

Nalli, Pothys, Sundari Silks... U will get good and nice silk sarees in all these three shops...

Nalli has good silk sarees with best SILK... But u will not find any latest collection there... U will find only the usual pattu sarees, and silk sarees, beautiful ones with nice quality of silk...

Sundari Silks... Not everyone will like the sarees sold here... Most of their sarees look very elegant and rich...

Pothys, u will find all sorts of collection here... Sarees are given different names... U will also find pure, tested half-fine zari(depends upon the price)... U can select from a variety of sarees...

In all these three shops, u will find silk sarees within ur budget...

I wore a designer saree for my engagement... I bought it from Rangoli, Nungambakkam...

U will find superb designer sarees in Rangoli, Man Mandir... The prices are high but the sarees are worth the price.. Material is very good... Kalaniketan also has very good designer sarees and blouses...

The latest is Lehenga Style Sarees... U can find good ones at these above mentioned shops(Kalaniketan, Rangoli, Man Mandir)... I bought one online very recently from Utsavfashion...

Please do not buy designer sarees from Nalli or Pothys... U will not get good selection or even good material there... They sell only the cheap georgette material...

2 people like this.
  10. Gayathrisundar1

Thanks yaar, Next week I planned to buy silk saree. Will update you the same.

What about bridal makeup. Which parlour is best for bridal make up. Personally i want to do simple make up in house itself, but mom told its better to do in parlor.