1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Affair and Its Aftermath - A Real Life Story

Discussion in 'Varalotti Rengasamy's Short & Serial Stories' started by varalotti, Jan 17, 2006.

1. apar_ram

apar_ram Silver IL'ite

I liked your narration of the story. The emotions were flowing from Malathy. I feel so much empathy for her. But I dont agree on her accepting her husband back.She had support of her FIL and a son to show her affections. She must have considered him dead and continued her life. I dont understand how women can accept the leelaikal of their husbands and go on...

2. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Aparna. This is not a fiction of imagination. This is a real life incident which I took from letters to editor in a women's magazine. There is a subtle play of psychology here. Malathy is not accepting her husband condoning his sins. The moment her husband fell for her sister, he ceased to be a man she loved. He became an object of possession - like one's house or TV or a jewel. Malathy in her anger wants to recover what's stolen from her. Though she know that the stolen piece is now worthless she wants to assert her sovereignty over the property. That's why she got back her husband. She also wanted to teach a lesson to her sister.
    At times the King fights a bloody battle to annex a worthless territory. That is only to declare his supremacy and not with an intention to gain anything out of the annexed land.
    Malathy sort of did a flag march over the dead body of her husband. Her husband died the moment he fell for another woman.
    Hope I am clear now, Aparna.
    love,

3. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

Malathi has done 2 mistakes in the first place.She has beleived her hubby and sister invariably and blindly.

Most of the men in our society tend to behave the way as narrated since they r brought up that way.We read a lotta such incidents in newspapers and magazines.They r also somebody's hubby right?Malathi shud have been more watchful particularly when she is pregnant.

Most of the men look out for prey's when their wife is pregnant.Shame on them.These idiots don't even realise that wives r undergoing the pain carrying their child.Such shamelss idiots.Balan is the same.

And Latha ...She is also a shameless and characterless traitor.How cud she do that to her own sister?Malathi did a wrong thing...no ..no rather being stupid in letting her inside the house during her preg period.

Malathi is lucky one way.She had an affectionate FIL.Not many women have this cushion.And she had a job too.Good that god gave her atleast these .There r many women who do not have any kind of suppport.

And finally,Malathi taking her hubby back.This is ridiculous.How can she be so stupid.Can she ever erase it off her mind what she saw that afternoon(Her hubby and sis in bed)?And the narration says she lured her hubby using his weakness...dressing in such a manner....What is all this?Man what will she do if he finds another woman dressed up to lure him?????Will she fight again????

Wud have Balan agreed Malathi if the same thing has happenned to her?I did not mean to say that if men behave some way a woman shud also behave that way.

I think given a chance,that is if at all the society let the people like Malathi to live happily(no men to claw,allowing them to fns ,no badmouthing etc.,)and lead a normal life,they wud not hesitate to throw men like Balan out of their life to lead a happy life.Malathi must have done it for the sake of society.But there r people who face everything in the society.Probably Malathi is not barve enuf to face this.This is my opinion.

But she will have a strained life.

The above said is my opinion.Did not mean to hurt anybody.

Regards,
    Bhuvana.

4. varalotti

Dear Bhuvana,

I fully endorse your views, though I would have preferred slightly softer words. Traitors and idiots are there in both the sexes.

For this point read my reply to Aparna post #72 in this thread.
    thanks for the fb.
    regards,
    Varalotti

5. bhuvnidhi

bhuvnidhi IL Hall of Fame

I apologise.Itz my mistake.Cud have been softer.I don't actually use these words on a general conversation.But I just got carried away by the narration and in fact I felt like crying for some of the incidents mentioned.And I know atleast 2 of the people who have underwent the same kinda situation and I know the pain associated with it too.

6. varalotti

Dear Bhuvana,
    It's all right. From your post I could infer that you know some real life cases and that you are overcome by emotions.
    No need to apologise and all. IL is one large family.
    You want an antidote for this heavy post? Well I wrote a long serial story with 14 episodes. It's a story almost without the conventional villains or bad elements.
    Here's the link for the first episode.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/saturdays-with-varalotti/30922-a-love-story-episode-1-a.html
    If you feel like it you may continue with the other episodes.
    It's going to come as a book.
    And for an immediate change of scene to refresh your mind just click the link below and read a scene from Ramayan.
    http://www.indusladies.com/forums/s...ti/38723-what-diwali-gift-can-accountant.html

Welcome to IL, Bhuvana. Have a great time here. Should you require anything, please let me know.
    I love the frankness with which you responded to this post. I have written so many controversial posts. Just have a look at them and speak out your mind.
    love,
    sridhar

7. Freedom_life

Freedom_life New IL'ite

Hi All,
    I am new to IL..
    This story touched me a lot..I was just wondering how she can accept her husband but not bother her sister after the incident? Both are equal contributors of the issue. She could have helped her sis too to settle in a better way.. but as she had told love and affection for sure reduces after you have a mis understanding with your hubby. It is not always the same..

8. neets

neets Silver IL'ite

Nice story ,yes Malathi could do her revenge only because she had financial help.most women s suffer or end up in tragedy just beacuse they find helpless in these situtaions and of course myabe too broken and ashamed to stand firm against.

of course wives should always be careful and draw a line try not to stir up circumstances.and of course drawing the line rules imposed by women at times can be a hell life for husbands at home.so it should be intellegently and carefully catered too.well in situations like this as chitvish madam said sisters and cousins should not be allowed to stay in with couple.and of course its wives duty to draw the line.Well does this infactuation thing happens only with the husbands??not at all,all these can happen to anyone in a family life.i think too much about these things,and i end up fearing about these things.i should say i am very much ignorant in handling all theses in cool ways.:crazy:rotfl

thanks sir for bringing up this real life story,this may seems to some as usual stuff and very known thing and for some its educating too.

neethu.

9. varalotti

Thanks Freedom. Well malathi could not digest her sister betraying her. And though she has accepted her husband it is only at a surface level.
    She did want to help her sister but before that her sister had run away from the scene.
    You are right. After all these things, it is not always the same.
    thanks for the fb, Freedom and sorry for the delay in responding to it.
    love,
    sridhar

10. varalotti

Thanks neethu for the fb. You are right. We should be careful not to let circumstances develop into risky situations. Yes, we always say they are only sisters-in-law, brothers-in-law and so on. But those are very tricky and complex relationships. And one wrong step by any one of the parties the whole family falls into a bottomless pit of shame and dishonour.

These days women value financial freedom more than marital happiness. I know many cases where the women insist going for a job.

And finally Neethu these days thanks to the media no body has full awareness or control of their actions and tendencies. That's why affairs are very common these days. Affairs might appear very sweet in the beginning but ultimately they lead to disasters. That's why we have to be very careful about it.

thanks once again for the fb, Neethu
    love,
    sridhar