1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

An Accountant And A Prostitute!

Discussion in 'Wednesdays with Varalotti' started by varalotti, Jul 2, 2007.

1. Kamalji

Kamalji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Sridhar,

I told my wie about yr blogs, and since it was late yest and I closed and went down to my home, she is after me to let her read yr blogs.and she is going to love them, yr teachings and writings are of her taste.She is very religious, follows a living guru, and u can imagine what she goes thru m,arried to me with all the available vices.HAHA

This is superb the story u told me, so much to learn.This part I didn’t know, but shows actually that our minds must be pure.

I have so many to read of yrs, and I hope the new breed of I Lites who have heard of you, but not read you, they read what u write.I hopei can convince them.

Thank u and regards.kamal

2. anushakmurthy

anushakmurthy New IL'ite

I do not know what to say...but I really appreciate you for being a gentle man and treat her a friend instead of seeing her with a tinted glass like many others do.
    Also a lot of credit goes to your wife for accepting you as you are and letting you be open and share these feelings with her and with many others...too..

Good experience....!

Cheers!
    -Anusha

3. varalotti

varalotti IL Hall of Fame

Thanks, Anusha. You are right. My wife believed in me and in my words. Looking back I still shudder at what happened on that trip.
    thanks once again,
    love,

4. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Hi Sir. Here my feedback.​

Last edited: Sep 9, 2008
  5. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Actually I have passed by the heading when I glance through your Index last time. But the topic didn’t catch my attention until you pass me the link to read. I’m very sure if you pass me a link then there should be something interesting in it. First, I taught as usual it will be another story collection or your view but I get excited when I notice that I’m going to read a real life experience of my favorite author.

And to tell you the truth this is the line runs in my head when I read the part your friend bring along a prostitute for the trip and you thinking of going back. “Oh my God! What this guys are trying to do. Sridhar, you better go back your home. Why you friend with guys like this” Hahaha.. yes.. I really get angry when a guy I respect like my own father has friends like that. Sorry! bonk

A really good person is not the one who didn’t commit any bad things at all but a real good person is the one who never do any bad things even he had a chance. So now time has tested Varalotti. You are really great sir as you treat a human being as deserved. No matter whom she is the base she is just like us. Who are we to justify her as we our selves might have done many wrong things with or without our knowledge? But sir, I hope you won’t take any risk like that once again. Just imagine if your friend and the girl plan everything together and you trap in it? What are you going to tell your family and what will happen to your career as a writer. You are a public figure, I don’t think so this kind of risk is necessary for u.

And your wife is 1 in 100 sir. Not all wives can take it easily. Even some will continue to doubt their husband after that. But in your case you are lucky to have a wonderful person as her. Now I guess I know why in your stories there are always many good characters and less bad characters. You are lucky enough to be surrounded with good people. “Nallevenggaluku Nallethe Nadakum!” :thumbsup

Regards,
    Vashini.

6. varalotti

Dear Vashini,
    As I have told here that was indeed a rash act on my part to have gone ahead with the trip even after they said about the call girl.
    One song by Sirkaazhi Govindarajan always moves me to tears.
    I can't control my tears when I hear the following lines
    நாயேனை நாளும் நல்லவனாக்க
    ஓயாமல் ஒழியாமல் உன்னருள் தந்தாய்
    'To make me good, you have been pouring your love on me non-stop without a gap'
    The whole incident is a vindication of these lines.
    As you said I quit being friends with those people. With one person I have completely cut all the relationship. With the other person I am just his accountant and nothing more.
    Yes, my wife was quite supportive of me. That's my greatest strength.
    thanks for the lovely fb,Vashini.
    love,

7. vashini

vashini Bronze IL'ite

Dear Sridhar!

I’m relief :bowdownto hear that.

Those lines only fit Indhu and God in your case sir :exactly:! :)

Love,
    Vashini

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  8. varalotti

Dear Vashini,
    Well said.
    love,
    sridhar

9. smileypooja

smileypooja Senior IL'ite

Hi Sridhar,

The story had so much to say regarding the way you treat, look or think about a person.Everything depends on your mindset...as you thought to get down at the immediate station along with your friend..but later did not wanted to spoil the trip so you continued your journey....its nice about you that you explained it to your friend that it was not that poor girl's intention but she was into this business due some problems...

it was very kind of you to talk to her and bring a smile on her face and leave a fond memeory to her that she was treated as a normal human...

The girl was very bold in making her point clear by protecting you...it was just a way of thanking you:thumbsup for the simple respect you showed her...

have a good day...pooja.:)

10. varalotti

Hi Pooja,
    The problem with most of us is that we tend to stereotype the roles. We always think that prostitutes are bad. It's true to a large extent. Then by the same logic we should say that the males who frequent such prostitutes are worse. At least for the lady there would be some compulsion and all. But a male going to a prostitute is nothing but "extra cholestrol". arrogance. And a "care to hooks" attitude.

Believe me Pooja, I did not plan that way. It so happened. In fact I had decided earlier not to talk to her at all. But in the van something happened she started singing some film songs and somehow the discussion started. She sang well too.

I don't know where she is. But had I insulted her on that day I would not have been peaceful today.

Thanks for visiting this old thread and giving your fb, Pooja.
    love,
    sridhar