1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Amoxicillin Antibiotic For Ear Infection

Discussion in 'Infants' started by Sc222, Oct 23, 2016.

1. Sc222

Sc222 Junior IL'ite

My baby is taking amoxicillin antibiotic for 3rd time. She is just 15 months. She got ear infection with fever 3 times so far now due to cold. Now as winter is approaching her, she will be due for more colds.

Please let me know any natural remedies you give to prevent or avoid ear infection for your child or something else she can take in place of antibiotics.

2. saps105

saps105 Gold IL'ite

Dear op,
    If she will allow, cover her ears with a cloth while sleeping. Steam inhalation gives relief not only for cold for ear infection as well. Do try it.

Take a garlic clove, smash itand keep it in a bowl. pour little coconut oil (just a tsp) on the smashed garlic. Let it remain for 5 mins. Take just the oil(it will have garlic smell) and apply over the jaws near to the ear(not inside the ear).

Ear infection happens very quickly alongwith cold in small children. Give inhalation/ nebulise with saline water 3-4 times a day as soon as the child shows symptoms of getting a cold.ear infection happens when cold is there for 2-3 days. Take steps as soon as you know child is going to get a cold.

Give a teaspoon of original honey twice a day. That will build up her immunity.

3. viki123

viki123 Silver IL'ite

@Sc222
    Below are few steps that i followed with my DS.

1. Humidifier during sleep/nap time. I add some eucalyptus oil in it.
    2. Apply vicks (not baby one) on chest, back and on feet. Cover fee with socks. I apply some vicks on my finger and allow her to inhale it.
    3. Clear her nose, using saline drops and nose frida. They hate it but, it helps clearing the mucus.
    4. If she allows give steam treatment, you can allow her to inhale mist from humidifier also.
    5. During winters i have my DS Turmeric milk. I also add one cardamon & black pepper to it.
    6. Give local honey for immunity building.
    7. When ever using antibiotics give probiotic supplement