1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Amit's Wife and Mother!!! - A Story (Part 1)

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by vidchakra, Jun 5, 2011.

1. vidchakra

vidchakra Platinum IL'ite

"I am telling you again. Let us stay in a hotel in Mumbai. Let's not trouble Anitha." Susheela told her husband.
    "Sushee, How will Amit feel if we stay in hotel instead of his house? He will be very sad." her husband Krishnamurthy replied.
    "I know, but Amit will be out of town when we reach Mumbai. Anitha will be alone at home. We will be troubling her unnecessarily." Susheela tried to convince him again.
    "I have already told Amit that we will be there in Mumbai for one week to attend Parvati's daughter's marriage and we are staying at his house. And Amit has told he will be back in couple of days."
    "But... You know about Anitha.."
    "No more arguments" Krishnamurthy said and started reading the newpaper.

Susheela was filled with dread at the thought of staying in her son's house. And moreover she and her husband will be alone with her daughter-in-law this time. She remembered all the fights she had with her daughter-in-law during the previous visit.

It was 7.30 pm and Amit's wife had still not returned from office. Susheela started cooking dinner as it was getting late. By the time Amit and his wife returned home, she was ready with the dinner and waiting for them. She had cooked her son's favourite dishes and arranged everything on dining table. When Amit's wife looked at the dining table she screamed "Oh no!!! What have you done?" Susheela was stunned, she had only cooked dinner for them. She gave a confused look at Amit and his wife.
    "These vessels you used for cooking are new ones and I had bought all these for my mom. How did you take them without my permission?" Amit's wife's voice was still very high.
    "Anitha, don't talk like that to my mother. Its a small issue. We can buy new vessels." Amit interfered.
    "I know that you will take your mom's side." Amit's wife started crying.
    Susheela was also full of tears."I really didn't know or else I would not have used them" She was sobbing.
    "Your mother only wants to create tension between us. What was the necessity to cook? Don't I cook everyday after coming from office. Maybe she does not like what I cook"
    Amit's wife went inside her bedroom banging the door. She didn't have dinner that night. Amit didn't want to disappoint his mother. He sat with his mother and had dinner, though both of them were in no mood to eat.

After that day Susheela didn't enter the kitchen again. Amit's wife had just returned from office She was very tired due to the hectic work at office. She entered kitchen, there were load of vessels to be washed. She also had to cook dinner for three. (One extra person she thought to herself). Susheela sat in front of television watching her favourite serial. When Amit came home his wife started complaining to him "Your mother knows that I am tired, but still she does not help me at all. She can atleast help me in cooking. She just sits idle whole day." Her voice was loud and Susheela heard it.
    "My mom has not come here to cook for us. I called her here so that she can relax for some days." Amit was angry at his wife.
    "So you want me to do all the work and your mother to relax. What do you think I am? I am not a maid."
    "Come on Anitha. Don't you cook when your mother is here. You never allow her to do anywork when she is here."
    "Oh, so now you are comparing my mother with your mother?"
    This argument between Amit and his wife went on and on. The next day itself Susheela left from there saying she is missing her husband.

Susheela had told her husband about what happened in son's house. But he just ignored her saying "This is common in all houses. Mother-in-laws and Daughter-in-laws never get along.". He didn't take this matter seriously at all.

Anitha was equally unhappy back in Mumbai. She had to stay alone with her in-laws for three days. She remembered what happened during her mother-in-law's previous visit.

Anitha was so excited. Her mother-in-law was coming and staying with them for first time after their marriage. She had taken half day leave from office. She came home early and cooked a stumptuous dinner. When the door bell rang, she jumped with joy and opened the door. Amit stood there with his mother. Anitha welcomed his mother home and led her to her room.
    "Amit, your mother must be tired. Dinner is already ready. She can eat and take some rest."
    Amit called his mother for dinner.
    Amit and his mother sat down for dinner. Anitha was serving them. She had made pulao with lots of vegetables. Amit's mother looked at the vessel full of pulao. "Oh, You prepared pulao. I don't like it so much. I will have very little."
    Anitha was bit disappointed.
    "Too much salt in pulao." Amit's mother started complaining.
    Anitha had cooked dinner with so much excitement. She felt her hard work went waste. Amit's mother went to sleep immediately after dinner and didn't even speak couple of words with Anitha. Anitha was extremely disappointed when there were no kind words at all from Amit's mother.

It was a weekend. Anitha had taken out Amit's mother for shopping. Amit was busy with some pending office work and so he didn't join them. Amit's mother was thrilled to see the shops in the big mall. She bought sarees, dresses, hand bags, bangles and many other things. She asked Anitha to try couple of sarees and dresses.
    When they reached home Amit's mother opened the shopping bag and showed her son. Anitha went to kitchen to prepare coffee.
    "See Amit, I got so many things for Asha. She will be so happy." His mother showed all the shopped items to Amit.
    "Anitha didn't buy anything?" Amit asked.
    "Oh, she already has so many things. Her cupboard is full of sarees and dresses which she can wear for one year." Amit's mother told.
    Anitha had tears in her eyes. She could sense the difference between Asha (Amit's sister) and her. "I am looking after her so well. She didn't even get a small gift for me. After all a mother-in-law is a mother-in-law. She can never be a mother" Anitha thought to herself.

Finally the D-day arrived. Anitha opened the door when the bell rang. She stood there face to face with Susheela and Krishnamurthy. Again the two women were going to stay in the house together. This time the "man" in the house with them was different.

2. SARASVADIVU

SARASVADIVU Silver IL'ite

Hello vidu,

You always excel in such stories got to do with family affairs..this one's too not an exception:):thumbsup

Saras.

3. vidchakra

Dear saras, Thank you so much for your lovely feedback.
    I am so glad you liked it :)
    Thanks for your constant encouragement!!!

4. shobna

shobna Bronze IL'ite

Nice start vidchakra! am looking fwd to the next episode :)

5. sreemanavaneeth

sreemanavaneeth Gold IL'ite

Hai VC,

Nice end and well narrated the feelings of MIL and DIL
    Good keep it up

6. navs23

navs23 Platinum IL'ite

Wow, very interesting start Vidu, really good :thumbsup

7. vidchakra

Thanks shobna for the support!!!
    I am glad you liked it... Your feedback means a lot, so please keep them coming

8. vidchakra

Hey sree, How are you?
    Nice to see you back here...
    And thanks so much for your lovely feedback...
    I am happy you liked it:)

9. vidchakra

Thank you navs for your appreciation!!!
    I am so glad that you liked it :)

10. shashiv

shashiv Gold IL'ite

Hai Vidu,

Enjoyed reading and anxiously waiting for the next episode.

Shanti