1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Amitab Bachan- the charismatic star

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Malini Iyer, Jul 29, 2005.

1. Malini Iyer

Malini Iyer Senior IL'ite

Amitab Bachan looks like is enjoying doing roles in the Hindi movies even at this age. Off late he is portraying characters of wide spectrum, say an eccentric teacher in Black, cop in Bunty aur Babli and a powerful don in Sarkar.

Now his yet another movie Viruddh is also released. What is his role in the movie? Anybody saw the movie? :wave

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 6, 2005

2. vinitha

vinitha New IL'ite

Hi Malini,
    Yes this seems to be the season for the Senior Bachan. Still going strong among the youngsters.

Viruddh is a beautiful portrayal of an aging couple played by Bachan and ever charming Sharmila Tagore. Their screen pairing reminds me of the old Hindi movies played by them. It is directed by the sensitive director Mahes Manjrekar.

It is the story of how their peaceful world turns stormy when their foreign returned son witness a murder.

Damn good movie to watch.

3. Indusgirl

Indusgirl New IL'ite

Hello
    I could not see the movie Viruddh as it is not released in a theater near my area. But any how I want to share my views about the movie from what my friend in India told me.

It is a bold movie without the usual Bollywood masala. In fact there are no songs and the melodrama is very subtle. The first half of the movie was very realistic but the court room drama in the climax is far cry from realism.

But neverthless I want to see the movie for the acting of Amitab Bachan and Sharmila Tagore.

4. Madrasmami

Madrasmami New IL'ite

Junior Bachan - following his dad

Hi ladies,

I think Abishek Bachan - the Junior Bachan is also doing pretty impressive job. I didn't like him doing the romantic lover boy kind of roles. Better was his performance in yuva directed by Mani ratnam. He played a bad guy who kills anyone for money. Portrays an angry young man like his father used to do in his age.