1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am i thinking more??

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by prathima09, Jul 23, 2009.

1. prathima09

prathima09 New IL'ite

<o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="country-region"></o:smarttagtype><o:smarttagtype namespaceuri="urn:schemas-microsoft-com:eek:ffice:smarttags" name="place"></o:smarttagtype><!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <w:WordDocument> <w:View>Normal</w:View> <w:Zoom>0</w:Zoom> <w:HyphenationZone>21</w:HyphenationZone> <w:Compatibility> <w:BreakWrappedTables/> <w:SnapToGridInCell/> <w:ApplyBreakingRules/> <w:WrapTextWithPunct/> <w:UseAsianBreakRules/> <w:UseFELayout/> </w:Compatibility> <w:BrowserLevel>MicrosoftInternetExplorer4</w:BrowserLevel> </w:WordDocument> </xml><![endif]--><!--[if !mso]><object classid="clsid:38481807-CA0E-42D2-BF39-B33AF135CC4D" id=ieooui></object> <style> st1\:*{behavior:url(#ieooui) } </style> <![endif]--><!--[if gte mso 10]> <style> /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0cm 5.4pt 0cm 5.4pt; mso-para-margin:0cm; mso-para-margin-bottom:.0001pt; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:10.0pt; font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman";} </style> <![endif]--> Hello friends,

I am writing today to share you some of my feelings which are making me some times to think more.

I am married since 3years and am happy with my DH. I continued and completed my studies after marriage successfully.

I am trying to find a job since 6-7 months but to find one is very hard (as i live in a non English speaking country). Before marriage after completing my Bachelors I worked for some time in <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region>.

When I am struggling to get job myself I find some of my DHs friends wives got jobs immediately after coming from <st1:country-region><st1:place>India</st1:place></st1:country-region> due to recommendations. Some people are really lucky :cry:, I clearly can say that I am not jealous of them but feel bad about my condition, they didnt even prepare a resume themselves but I applied so many and attended many interviews...but no result :hide: ( i got offers from interviews in other cities but my in -laws and DH are not ready to my relocation)

Now I feel so bad to depend on my DH. When I express my feelings to my parents or DH they just laugh and take it easy, but I cant answer my self. My DH says that its because of my support at home and maintaining all things at home he is working peacefully, but im not satisfied. Day by day im loosing interest to apply also :spin

Am I being more individual? If so is it good to be so? Why don’t I feel my DH as myself?? How to overcome this situation.. all your suggessions are welcomed…
    Thank you

regards

2. amul

amul Silver IL'ite

Hi pratima,

Are you having kids?If not why dont u try for it..so that u can keep away from such thoughts.
    Unless and untill you dont have any pressure from your DH and inlaws regarding job..pls dont bother about it.
    If u work or dont work we women are always something or the other way dependant on them.DOnt think tooo much dear.
    Applying jobs in only one particualr place reduces the chances of getting job very soon. so have patience and apply for jobs.If possible enage urself in some other things..

Hope u get better responses

regards
    amul

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  3. neha1

neha1 Silver IL'ite

Hi Prathima09,

If there is no specific financial responsibilty on you and your DH is alright with you being at home,why do you bother?
    For the sake of your peace of mind ,if you want a job then keep trying but don't get worked up.

4. depressed

depressed Bronze IL'ite

Dear Prathima,

No dear friend, you are not thinking more-You are thinking right, you just need to do more.
    There is nothing wrong in thinking about your own needs. Hubby will be there, so will be parents and kids-does that mean you should not think about your "individual needs " ?

But having said that, I would stress on one point- Your individuality need not be defined by a well paying job alone. There are more important things than money,status or routine kind of office -work. Why don't you work for a voluntary organization involving some kind of social work for the betterment/uplift of orphans/women/old people ?

Go out in the wide world-work for such organizations -and you will feel blessed.

Regards,
    "HAPPY"

Last edited: Jul 23, 2009
  5. Drpreethis

Drpreethis Gold IL'ite

It is definently good to be independant... It is for yourself. Doesnt mean you dont think of your husband as yours and all that. Now that is MORE .. :)

Dont get too vexed up, Prathima. I know when you try hard and see the rest who arent tryng much being successful, hurts.. But what is the point in seeing things that way ? Think about it.. You may now be taken as light comment but over period your hubby might start to get irritated because of your desperation for job , it may start to look like you are now made to feel dependant.. which may not be the case.. But may look so.

So, instead of looking at peers.. i suggest you learn the language of locals there. See, what best you do will get you a job. Initially take up a low paying or something different from what you had studied.. Once you do that, you will know the ways in the country you residing.. Once you get a hang of those things, you will quite well know how to channelise your job searching differently and successfully ! :)

Dont worry, maybe the best is yet to come for you.. that is why this delay !! :thumbsup Never lose hope.. It will stop you from trying..

Do not overdo anything that harms you or your married life.. :) Take care..

6. Nandshyam

Nandshyam IL Hall of Fame

If you want to not sit idle at home, why not try some volunteering work? Or some low paying job to keep you busy at times. Take it easy. You are happy to have a husband who is not getting irritated by this, but dont push it too much.

From the post, I don't feel you as a career oriented person, more so since everyone else is out there, why not me. That will not work in the long run. If they got jobs, let them. If they have no talent and are in, because of reco, they cannot hold long in an abroad jobs. People dont take BS easily. So why worry. Try as much as you can, with recession it might be quite hard. Concentrate on sharpening your skillsets in the meantime.

7. advitha

advitha Silver IL'ite

It may be hard to get a job in the current economic conditions. But it doesn't make you stop your hunt. You can either work on changing your field (from your post I can see you have worked only for sometime) or go for further studies (Masters or some open university courses).

There's definitely lot of creative things that you can do from home. For instance, some stay-at-home wife's do baby sitting or open daycare centres, some start beauty parlors.

One of my friends, a s/w engineer worked in India for 5 years and came to US on H4. She tried to get a job during the 2001-2002 recession time but nothing worked out. Now she's a successful Realtor and a loan agent. It doesn't let her down in anyway. She feels confident on herself that she can shine in any industry.

Go out, learn the local language as Dr.Preeti pointed. Try to socialize and get to know what kind of job reqs are available in your local area. Don't just let yourself down.

-Uma