1. Want to be a Positive Parent? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I ruining my baby's health?

Discussion in 'Infants' started by kadalpura, Feb 8, 2012.

1. kadalpura

kadalpura Silver IL'ite

Hi all,
    Thanks for your replies. since I was not in town I couldn't reply to you all. These days I have started giving her what others in the family eat. just before adding spice I take out some portion for her. And she don't likes purees now. She wants to chew and eat. even rice she wants it the adults way not mashed. Doc asked me to start with cows milk but in diluted form and I have started it last week. I don't give it to her regulary but atleast once in a day, very little quantity like 50ml. She doesn't like ghee, So I give her butter with sugar sometimes, and i saute her vegetables with butter. She doesn't like curd. sweets also she takes just a spoon or so, that's all. She loves appalam(papad).(my family members have introduced it to her in my absence). She loves vadai.
    I make her fruit purees,ragi kanji sweet with dates and raisins. yet to try egg yolk and chicken soup though doctor has said yes.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  2. ramyaramani

ramyaramani Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

@kadalpura good to know that your DD has moved on to regular food. You sure have analyzed her likings! All the best in helping your DD gain weight.

3. kadalpura

kadalpura Silver IL'ite

thanks Ramya. I hope soon she will be in normal weight. Her activities are good, so I am not worried that much as before. All I want is my baby to eat well(healthy food) and play well.that's all