1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I Not Smart? Or I'm Too Good

Discussion in 'Friends & Neighbours' started by Vedhavalli, Apr 11, 2017.

1. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Yes,Maybe listen to your DH.If it is an emergency to be taken care of,911 would be the right contact.

sindmani likes this.
  2. dimhere

dimhere Gold IL'ite

Yes, that is why create a new routine. If your DH and kid leave at 9, say you are online learning something from 10-1, and cannot come out of your house then. Then lunch and housework till your kid is back. Once you make a new rule, stick to it. Don't take calls, or be seen talking to others. Tell only once a week, you hardly can make time to do your own groceries, or other chores. Become (or at least PRETEND to become) super-busy!

So what if you are a SAHM? You can still have a fixed routine with fixed tasks, and need not be at anyone's beck and call to be their free babysitter !! Hugs to you, dear.

Last edited: Apr 12, 2017
    sindmani likes this.
  3. Vedhavalli

Vedhavalli Platinum IL'ite

Thank you @dimhere ..
    If I tell I'm learning something she would ask what, how much.. I really really don't know how to lie on face.
    I should be verbally smart..:smilingimp:
    They are such a nosy parkers would check the parking lot..And windows rails...
    They think we have to keep give our accounts on day to day. Plus she shows me down.. comparing kid's skin color. My kid is normal Indian color.
    Her kid very fair brown hair looks more like Hispanic..Than Indian. It did hurt me.:smash2:

dimhere likes this.
  4. Sunshine04

Sunshine04 Platinum IL'ite

I think you are taking too much ******** from her.

sindmani and dimhere like this.
  5. satyasrinivas80

satyasrinivas80 Silver IL'ite

Remember that you don't owe an explanation to anybody. If she asks about what courses you are taking, change the subject or make an excuse and leave the place. There is a fine line between genuine curiosity and being nosy. She is nosy! If she compares your kids and her kids, tell her one time every body is different and you don't like it when kids are being compared. By being yourself you might lose this neighbor/friend.

We have neighbors in our community that barges into our house if they see lights turned on in my house or if they see our cars in the parking lot. Yesterday night they saw my husband's head via our front window and stopped by to ask for a favor. This favor can be waited till this morning but these people don't think about the inconvenience it's causing to others. They know my routine. No, I didn't discuss with them but they are so peeking that they know what we do.

sindmani likes this.
  6. Vedhavalli

@satyasrinivas80 you are correct, they barge what we do, I'm afraid to be seen anywhere outside my house... If I don't attend call , calling thru WhatsApp if ignoring WhatsApp, shouting from ground to first floor....
    I'm just confused why I'm not dealing them correctly..?

sindmani likes this.
  7. Vedhavalli

Hi friends,
    Today the same lady called. I didn't pick.
    She texted if I could look after her kid for 4 hrs. I said sorry, I have my child to look after moreover it's weekend, complete family time. Again she called asked same...I coolly replied, ok I will charge as baby sitter.
    Then no reply.

sindmani, poovai, Laks09 and 6 others like this.
  8. iamsrihere

iamsrihere Platinum IL'ite

Way to go:beer-toast1:

9. NeetaR

NeetaR Silver IL'ite

:thumbup:

10. ashneys

ashneys Platinum IL'ite

Good one :clap2: