1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am i expecting too much or what?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by dars, Jun 23, 2014.

1. dars

dars Silver IL'ite

hi

Whenever we(my self and Dh) both have some quality time and we try to enjoy little,he used to say my friends are busy so I cant go and meet them,and there is no other work outside and my mom doesn’t ask any thing for herself so I dont want to take her for shopping, so I have some free time that’s why I am spending with you.:bang

OMG if she asks anything he will run and bring that.

Am completely irritated by his words.this is normal.all guys are like that.else mine is different.

if he has nothing to do,he remembers me otherwise not, but am always waiting when he will remember me and come to me.

if your dh says like this what you ll do?

2. AprilLisa

AprilLisa Gold IL'ite

ignore him...and try to enjoy time all by yourself.....mostly doing things that you would like to do.....or something both of you enjoy.....go to movies with your friends, etc.....and keep updating him how you enjoyed your time to the fullest while he was meeting his friends...or working outside.....or running at his mother's beck and call......

let him know what he missed.......:spin

2 people like this.
  3. deepthid26

deepthid26 New IL'ite

Men are usualy this way I suppose...Ignore what he tells for a while...See happiness is how we take a situation, so dont get upset at these.......Take it in a positive way that he will soon change :)

4. dars

dars Silver IL'ite

Dear deepthi

ya its true.i too have work at office or some where busy i do not think about enjoyment with dh.but am abosultely free and he is also free i try to make some quality time like we time.that time i do not tell i dont have any work thats why am with you and all.

but he is saying. what it means.

he is thinking wife is wife she will be there for him when he needs.:thumbsdown

5. TheUnhappyWife

TheUnhappyWife Silver IL'ite

That's too condescending and quite mean to say to a wife. It seems he is giving an explanation as to why he is spending time with his wife. You need to have your own life and own interests. Once you immerse yourself in them, he will feel jealous and come running to you. Men are like that, it seems.

Start with something that you are good at or always wanted to do. No, you are not expecting too much. Rather he is expecting too much of patience from you which he doesn't deserve.

Last edited: Jun 23, 2014
  6. vidyamedapati

vidyamedapati Gold IL'ite

7. rainbowresh

rainbowresh Gold IL'ite

Hi dars,
    I see a lot of women like you and have been in your situation myself. I ll tell you how I came out of it. Just find your passion or an old hobby which you have set aside for years. Get busy enough with it not to even notice that your hubby is not spending time with you unless he is freeeeee! When he is ignored a bit he will come running for your time... But when he comes to you don't explain why or how u did ...why u re ignoring it an all!! When he comes to you be patient by not bursting to tears or become emotional.instead tell him that you could both work out some common free time to spend quality time together. This will , over some ti me make him realize that you have work too but you prioritize it and give time so he should too, and not because he is free! Hope this helps... And be patient and apply it in your life. Most importantly, don't expect him to change or realize that you re ignoring him in a few days... My hubby took a month to realize it ...some may take just days and some take a few months...!
    With patience you can win over anything...! Good luck!!

1 person likes this.
  8. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Next time he says that...tell him "don't worry ,I am also with you because I have nothing else to do"...and stick your tongue out at him ,roll your eyes and start watching something on tv...or reading a magazine.That will teach him.

3 people like this.
  9. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

As other members above said, many men may say, spending quality time with wife may be the last priority and many men may pretend so ! That may be normal with many.

But, going to shopping with mother is not normal for adult men ! I find it weird and crazy !

2 people like this.
  10. darmesh

darmesh Platinum IL'ite

If every ignored wife is capable of doing the above , then, the balance of ignoring each other will become equal and there will be final peace at home !

But in reality, it just does not happen. An ignored wife , gets more and more worried, starts pursuing the DH for more and more emotional connection. The DH gets more scared with this act of being pursued, he then withdraws from her. She pursues and he backtracks !

For many life is all about this act of wives pursuing for emotional attention and the husbands withdrawing from them ! Painful but true !

I wish, ignored wives should really learn to get themselves busy with something else in life and ignored the husbands ! Strangely, That leads to peace !