1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am I Expecting Too Much From Dh?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by BeingSoulful, Oct 8, 2018.

1. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

@DDream I like your suggestion. I am also in a similar situation . I have license but I din't drive for two years now and I am scared . What should I be doing ? Not able to post a separate thread.

2. DDream

DDream Finest Post Winner

Read the suggestions given by other ILIites above here ( there are other posts too in ILforum). Call a driving school, take lessons. Once you get confidence, then buy a car or use the one you have. When you travel with others, watch how its done.
    I was also scared of speed, distance, parking and height. First day try for 10 minutes, try local roads with low speed limit, park in local stores to get practice. Then slowly increase the time, distance and speed. Dont worry, keep on doing, practice is the key. Good luck

I think you can start a thread once you gave reply to 5 or more threads, I guess. Please check

Last edited: Nov 6, 2018
    rosylife likes this.
  3. rosylife

rosylife Bronze IL'ite

thanks @DDream. Will go through the posts. I am new here. Just learning to get about in Indus Ladies.

DDream likes this.
  4. Rs1984

Rs1984 New IL'ite

Hi BeingSoulful,
    I can understand your anguish as I have been there and seen the worse, this happens most commonly in US because life is totally dependant on driving a car, I think you have to understand what your husband is going through, Childbirth can be daunting to men as well, even men tread into unknown waters of parenthood and the prospect of having to shoulder responsibilities without your ability to drive can be pretty scary to your husband, So understand that and try to reason your concerns with him. Point to remember is you have too much going on at the moment a house move, your pregnancy & resultant hormone changes and postpartum taking care of a newborn to top it all with the scar of overcoming a previously happened accident can be too difficult to overcome. Hence, my advice is try developing friends who can help you, also the only person who can help you is your husband make him aware of his importance and request him. My main advice is you starting to drive is not going to help any bit because you cant instantly become an experienced driver and people tend to make mistakes while driving when they are under pressure and your situations can let you breathe barely.
    Cheers,
    Raji.

BeingSoulful likes this.
  5. SinghManisha

SinghManisha Platinum IL'ite

@BeingSoulful I am happy to hear this! Enjoy your freedom! safe driving !!

BeingSoulful likes this.