1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Am asking him too many questions?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by sweetum, Dec 6, 2014.

1. sweetum

sweetum Senior IL'ite

Hello everyone!

Just wanted your views about something. My husband often complains that I ask him too many questions be it when he is using the laptop (like I will ask him what he is doing) or about other things (like who is he chatting with on whatsapp). He doesn't like it when I ask him questions.

Part of me knows that why I ask him such questions. Because lack of trust in him and because of his cheating history.

Very often I get remarks from him that I'm a sticky person. :( I am now at a point in my life that I do not want to hear such hurtful comments.

How do I change this aspect of my life? Should I be asking questions or not? Or maybe show that I do not care about it and refrain myself from asking anything?

2015 is coming and I want to change my behavior about few things. Because in the end it's always me getting hurt.

Husband is a person who likes his space a lot. And he is not much into spending time together.

Looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks

2. Metamorphic

Metamorphic Platinum IL'ite

Then he shouldn't have married.

Why getting married and expecting wife to give "space" for him even to accomodate few other girls in that??

If he is having a cheating history, then I validate your constant urge to keep an eye on him.

Give the issue the seriousness it deserves. Put a stop to the question and answer session, where you question and he keeps twisting things that you end up feeling guilty and wrong. This is a kind of abuse from him IMO.

You have every right to find out what he is upto. You cannot live with this constant insecurity and fear.

Given the cheating history he has, onus is on him to assure you of his changed behaviour and his fidelity. Stop thinking that you have to change. BOTH have to change. Now, its his turn. You better convey this to him firmly.

4 people like this.
  3. yellowmango

yellowmango IL Hall of Fame

Next time he talks about wanting space...tell him'cheaters don't deserve that'.
    As for asking.....if he ever decides to cheat again...he is unlikely to tell you just because you are asking. If you don't trust him....you will have to find others ways of finding peace.

5 people like this.
  4. confusedwoman

confusedwoman Silver IL'ite

Dear OP,
    As much as it pains me to say this, if your spouse is cheating you will find out. No need of checking or asking questions. These questions and queries also would not stop someone who really wants to cheat. So, give him space and do your thing.
    More importantly try to figure out why the cheating happened is it lack of respect for your relationship or just a habit of your husband.

1 person likes this.
  5. Rise

Rise Platinum IL'ite

I can understand tht u keep questioning him do to trust issues..... however do u really think he is going to tell you yeah i am chatting with ex , yeah i am cheating again ... no right... you ask him questions, and he gives you answers You want to hear... thats it....

In the coming new Year... let your resoultion be to find happiness beyond your husband... if he cheats again, have the guts to.. look at him and say he doesnot deserve you...you are worth much more... the more you question him the more you are pushing him away from you.... if he needs space give him so much space thth he should begin to feel you no longer depend on him to be happy..... find your own stuff to do.... dont run around doing all the stuff for him... dont be available too much for him...

4 people like this.
  6. BiriyaniAroma

BiriyaniAroma Silver IL'ite

'Cheating History' ? did he have many affairs in the past ? to what extent ? Only online chat stuff with women on Internet or with real women ? anyway, if his past affairs are true, then there is no surprise that you are asking too many questions.

1 person likes this.
  7. BiriyaniAroma

BiriyaniAroma Silver IL'ite

Your signature words are good, confusedwoman !

8. Weasly

Weasly Gold IL'ite

You become more secretive than him !! Then he will want to know abt you and will share in return everything to know what you are upto !!
    Besides, He shud be working extra hard to gain ur trust and not get offended on you asking question !!

2 people like this.
  9. sweetum

sweetum Senior IL'ite

Yes you are right that both have to change. Then I think I should put my fear aside and stop asking him any questions.

10. sweetum

sweetum Senior IL'ite

I didn't understand you. Illusion about what?