1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Always trying to wipe out my husband's money

Discussion in 'Relationship With In-Laws' started by buvanak, May 5, 2013.

1. buvanak

buvanak Senior IL'ite

we have come in for an onsite assignment for my husband. I left my job and i am pregnant now.
    Everytime they come in for a video chat asks my husband with a great smile how much are you going to give as money?
    DIL - I have a big purchase list when you are back to india
    SIL - Expecting to do poonal function for her son so that he will be able to spend a lot now. Given a list to purchase for her
    MIL - She doesnt know yet but aiming for gold ornaments.

Already my husband has transferred more than 1 lakh to DIL and still wants to give 1 lakh when he meets him. My husband himself is ready to give so much and they are asking more that that.

I dont know how to talk about all these. My husband is giving fyi to me about all this giving and expects no answer from me except 'OK'. I do it because i dont want to strain at this stage(2 months pregnant).

now SIL - i will give my son's old clothes toys to you. you can use them.

These are all making me feel really afraid about future.

2. MaritalBliss

MaritalBliss Platinum IL'ite

Talk to your husband about how u néed to save for money for your own family. Explain to him that the expenses will increase with the baby.

To be frank, it's v difficult for him to change his generous attitude. Since u are pregnant, it's best that you ignore these issues for now and try to be happy.

2 people like this.
  3. buvanak

buvanak Senior IL'ite

I have tried talking to him. But no use. He will start shouting to close my mouth. We lost one baby in 2011 because I unknowingly reacted to my MIL's words.
    I dont want to do it this time. After 2 years i conceived after we came away from them. Still they are torturing through video chats.

Any other way to indirectly make him understand the value of hard earned money?

4. rachaputi

rachaputi Platinum IL'ite

now SIL - i will give my son's old clothes toys to you. you can use them.

These are all making me feel really afraid about future.[/QUOTE]

:spin:spin:spin

1 person likes this.
  5. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

Talk to your husband about your savings,about the future of your child and how much he plans to save monthly for you and your son.Do not talk about him giving money to MIL or SIL.Everytime he talks about giving money to others,you talk about you and your child and savings.Soon he will get the message.

6. buvanak

buvanak Senior IL'ite

This is good. I had a chat just like the way you have told. I think he got my message. Ididnt want to keep it for another day because I dont want to hurt the child inside me.

2 people like this.