1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

always scared abt my toddler's health

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by miyer, Apr 8, 2013.

1. miyer

miyer Senior IL'ite

Dear ILs
    I am hoping to get your help/support in dealing with my emotional issues...

To cut a long story short, I am always scared and worried abt my toddler's health-even a mild fever pushes me to the edge. I start worrying abt seizures, complications and more. I have never worried abt missing deadlines at work, handling inlaws or anybody. I worked for close to 9 yrs before quitting after my toddler's birth. I was a voracious reader, active quizzer and used to go on treks very ofte. post marriage all that changed. Now he is my sole focus and i am afraid I will force my anxiety on him. My husband is nice and very supportive and helps me get through these bouts and I dont have bad inlaws either just ultra ultra conservative with a little low opinion abt working women in general.

my brain knows that these are common illnesses but still i get worried... my mil is my exact opposite.... she doesnt go to doctors easily and once when my bil's son was having fever, vomitting and loose motions for more than 10 days when he was 6 didnt let him take the kid to the doctor until i practically fought with her and carried the kid to the hospital. my fear started from this episode and i dont let her decide whether its simple fever or not... i just take my kid to the dr. straightaway..

I am trying to get out of this fear and I need your advice on how to achieve this. I am planning to talk to a therapist if i dont see any improvement in the next 2-3 months... until then i will keep trying to have fun with my kid, husband and read and just basically keep telling myself that everything is going well and that I will not allow myself to slip into the "what if something bad happens?" mood..

Thank you for your patience ... this is indeed a long post/rant. and i hope to get your support in my journey...

-Miyer

2. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

If you panic, you will not be able to do right things on right time. So you must practice & train your brain to remain calm & brave to handle the situation.

Many children fall sick often till they attain the age of 8 or 10. After which their immune system develops. So shoudl never worry or fear about it but act on time.

3. miyer

miyer Senior IL'ite

Dear Mimur9,
    Thank you for your encouraging reply. I am slowly getting a grip on myself. started meditation and reciting slokas whenever i feel these fears... and they are helping me very much...

thank you once again.

-miyer

1 person likes this.