1. How to Build Positivity in Married Life? : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Always feeling very sad,lonely and depressed...how to overcome it?

Discussion in 'Married Life' started by kenny, Oct 21, 2011.

1. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

Hi friends...
    time and again i keep writing to u...u know my whole story...
    things were kind of ok in between but again i feel everything is back to square one...
    i just feel very sad that even after 4 years of marriage my husband is more concerned about his mom than me...she is still a priority....and she manipulates him to the core...he is a very good man when she is not around but when she is with him then his behaviour automatically changes...infact any one else can also notice it...
    i have two major concerns...
    when will this boy grow up and be a man although he is 34...???
    WHEN?
    he has never taken up my responsibility...He never spends on me...never shares his salary details with me...though i have a vague idea...since i can see his sms coming on his mobile every month of the money credited...never gives me any money for household expenses since i am working therefore since the very beginning of marriage was spending on my own...he never bothered to pay for me...he has no joint account or fd...now we are planning to buy a house as i told u...there also he wants to take it on a joint name with his mom...i feel completely neglected....
    Secondly he always discriminates between my family ...they are always good to him and his mom...but he will never be nice to them when they come..that too if them come after long-may be a year-since they live in a different city....and this is all when his mom is there...when he meets alone..he is v nice to them...
    as a result all my energy,charm and enthusiasm has gone...i feel i am not required in this house...i am just dragging my life...i used to be a very fun loving person...but i am always depressed now...
    mil just enjoys all this and is always playing cold war with me...
    my parents came recently and told me to talk to him about all my concerns...if he doesn't understand then told me to tell him that then they will have to talk to him...i have no security as a wife...dont get any special shower of love and affection....my wishes -which are simple-just want him to take me to my sibling and my parents who r in different cities though not v often but he never accompanies me...i always go alone...so feel v sad about it...i don't even want materialistic things but still don't get that much from him...all important things he discuses with his mom..who is a dumb woman...we have to go by her decesions and also suffer later -he knows that but still follows her blindly...
    i have always supported him in every aspect...i do all the doggy work...from cooking and all teh chores like a maid-where his mom never helps ...to searching extensively on the net for anything which we have to buy-like last year we bought a new car..i did the research work and analysed...now when we were loooking fr a house i was teh one checking on internet and talking to property dealers...but when it came to showing the house to my parents which we finalised and did the part payment...i insisted s many times but he didnt show them the house...and they went back...dont i as a dughter wish to show my parents my new house....
    he has some male infertility problems also bcoz of which i am not able to conceive....i have always been supportive in that sence also...never told even my parents about it...though people keep questioning me and taunting me...but y dont i get his support...the little things which i want...i also have a heart...
    what do i do...my folks just came and had gone...so told me to wait for a few days and then talk to him...coz else he will feel that my parents have taught me all this...i am waiting for the day to talk...but i dont even feel like talking or staying in this house..though he is asking me that i am not my normal self these days...but i dont even feel like answering him...and answer to the point...feel like waking out...i am very sad...can anyone guide...

2. smilinglily

smilinglily New IL'ite

Hi Kenny - I am so sorry to hear what you are going through. My *** Hugs *** to you.
    In my opinion some people will never grow up. After 4 yrs also If his mom is his 1st priority and he is not sharing his financial details with you then I think it is going to be that way.

Some Men think it is inferior or Bad if they pay too much attention or love to their wife infront of their Mom. Also They think their mom will be happy (Obviosly she will be) if he spends less time with you.

I have a question did you ask him about his salary details? Like casually and did you asked him lets open a joint savings account? some thing like that?

If you didn't ask him yet just ask him also you both find some time to talk . Go out for dinner and discuss everything tell him how you are feeling about the whole situation. Never mention about his mom or your parents.
    Just talk casually and express your feelings that you are feeling bad for keeping everything to him although you have been married for 4 yrs.

Hope everything will get better. Please don't feel drpressed or alone. We are all here to support you.
    Take good care of yourself.Feel good about yourself. Do things that you would like to do and things that makes you happy :) (I myself going through a phase of depression and I am doing all the things I suggested you. I am trying to keep my self positive)

When you think all these negative things its a lot of negativity and pain which can put you through depression. Try to think positive and stay happy :)

3. a16s

a16s New IL'ite

hi kenny,

I went through all these problems.

My suggestion is as you were saying , he found that you are not in normal for some reason. And both are working. Why don't you ask him to take you to lunch during the work days. Then sit with him and try and talk to him your concerns. Be very very very patient. Men can't accept their faults (mainly from wife). He can divert the topic. Try to be focus only on your concerns. Never let the topic take diversion.

The other thing I can say, stand up to Yourself First.

The reason why I am telling you to standup to yourself is based on my exprience, these men will discuss the lunch meet conversation with their mothers. So if such thing happen,both of them together can confront you on your concerns, then you should be strong enough to tell both of them, that your concerns are not faulty.

4. JGVR

JGVR Gold IL'ite

sit and talk to him and tell all your concerns.Do not make your parents to talk to him about all your concerns.That will make you look childish in his eyes.You be the matured person and say things calmly to him.

5. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

No don't get parents involved. I feel once the parents are involved the end result will only be divorce court. He doesnot respect your parents so how will he change after their advice or talk.
    First speak to him again, next stand up for yourself.
    So your name is not included in the new house but did you still give the money that he was asking you?

6. inlovewithmylyf

inlovewithmylyf Platinum IL'ite

Now is the chance... When he asks the next time why ur not normal, tell him all th pain tht ur goin through... He needs to understand u esp when u have not told anyone about his problem and bearing all the taunts n hurting words by others... Sit down n talk when ur mom-in-law is not around... I hope u will soon be happy n enjoy life as u wish... Tc...

7. kenny

kenny Bronze IL'ite

Hi ladies...
    thanx for ur support...wish i cud c u ladies in person ...and give hugs to u all..
    love u...feel someone is there with me...
    well definetely i am waiting for a good time to talk....and preferably talk after a few days..may be after diwali...coz i shud also be in a calm state of mind...right now i am very angry,hurt and upset...
    @ars-no not yet...i havent spoken to him about the joint name...but he intend to do that soon ...i know it...in between as i said my folks were here so couldnt get time to talk...as it is for the registry of the house there is still time...2-3 months...but i am very clear...i will not give a penny even if he doesnt put my name..i am not a fool...and its not that my parents will talk but yes i will warn him that if he doesnt settle matters then i will have to contact them...showing i am not alone...
    i am so sick of these people...i really feel i got stuck up in such a family...and y only guys have the right to be momma's boys after marriage ...girls never be...when we leave everything and come to them why cant they balance both sides and be responsible enough to care for their wives.
    :bonk:bonk:bonk
    well!!its all the question of destiny...earlier i used to believe that we can make r lines by r will power but now i feel destiny is a very big thing and u cant fight with that...
    lets c ...waiting for the opportunity to talk to him freely...but gals...last time i took out the topic of finances he changed into a funny way...he was being smart and everything he used to take out a funny meaning and divert the topic...what if he does the same now...i am going to be very serious ofcourse...what if he tries to escape...do u think telling any one of his friends who is my friend too can help..who can guide him...if he doesnt understand me???or i shud only talk and then make my family speak if by chance things dont work out???

8. mansimahi

mansimahi Gold IL'ite

Hugs to you!!!! I can feel your pain!!! Nothing hurts more than indifference and feeling of neglect.

1. Dont involve others (including your own parents) until it is absolutely necessary...often 3rd party intervention does more damage than good.
    2. Men dont understand our feelings or the hurt they are causing us unless we spell it out loud and clear. You need to stand strong. Since he has asked you why you are not normal..you can use this as an opening to discuss everything that is bothering you...but remember no accusatory words...everything matter of fact and honest....without over displays of emotion. Tears and angry accusations often put men off and they stop listening to you and think that we are using tears as a tool of manipulation.
    3. When you talk to him dont say "you did this, you speak to your mother, you ignored my parents" instead say "i would like it if we could do this together" focus on "WE"...
    4. Dont neglect him even if he neglects you because it sends him a signal that you are not interested in him either and that will make him withdraw more. Men want attention more than they are willing to give.
    5. Discussing joint finances is very important even though you might be working and financially independent...so discuss a joint ac and joint name of the house. Dont let him distract. Make sure he understands that this is between the two of you., and let him know in clear terms that if the house is going to be in his and his mother's name, then let him not expect contribution from you. Make him understand that you are partners here and together for life...

finally, you cannot control his indifference or his attitude but you can change yours...ignore the hurt feelings and try to bring it in yourself to have fun in your relationship...do small things that will bring you both emotionally closer. Try to understand that maybe the infertility issues may be causing him more distress than he is letting on which is causing him to emotionally distant himself from you and hang on to his mama's pallu...and dont rest on your fate/destiny...take control..believe in yourself...and stand tall.

Good luck.

9. ars

ars Platinum IL'ite

Good luck in your talk. Like other person said use the word we a lot don't accuse or point fingers at some one or bring up an event or subject from the past.
    Don't use third party like friends etc.
    Can you get the advise from financial planner, or bank loan officer or the tax auditor.
    You can tell your h before making such a big purchase both of you should get advice from professionals to see the pro's and con's of the financial commitment.
    Once he agrees to it and you meet the professional at the meeting you can always ask the pro's and con's of having 2 names or 3 names on the sale deed.

10. polymorphic

polymorphic Platinum IL'ite

kenny,
    you are very sincere and straightforward and your husband is taking adv of that. He is "slippery" when it comes to financial matters. ie. he smartly changes topic. You have lots of issues with him. Why dont you try to prioritize your problems and tackle it one by one. Some issues are easy to solve whereas some may take yrs to solve. CHoose your battles. Being ablr to think problems clearly and having a solution in hand is necessary. if you go to him expecting him to solve your problems it will not work. like other things you do, take control. for instance, why do you need to ask your husband to tell ur parents to se the new house. why cant you tell and just inform your husband that your parents will be seeing the house because you feel very strongly for it. Dont ask for permission. Just inform him. When he questions, tell some excuse and be "slippery" like ur husband. give him a taste of his own medicine.

2 people like this.