already in London getting bored at home

Discussion in 'Indians in London' started by DreamComeTrue, Jan 5, 2011.

1. DreamComeTrue

DreamComeTrue New IL'ite

Hi All,

I moved in recently from Bangalore to London. My daughter has to still get into the school. Already submitted the form to council.
    However I am really getting bored and sometimes scared :) because hardly we find people here and we cannot go out because of the cold.
    How do you ppl spend time at home. Yet to get the TV connection. It takes time it seems.
    I am searching for the job aswell.

with regards,
    Dream Come true

2. DreamComeTrue

DreamComeTrue New IL'ite

Hi All, Plz say something..
    Tulipzz, r u there? I have not seen any post from you for a long time.

Sabitha,
    How r u doing?
    Plz throw some light on my situation..
    Also, as I have written, I am searching for job.
    I am 10 yrs exp in STB/DTV domain. Plz give some pointers on how to go about? Is there a separate thread for the same?

3. adimom

adimom Senior IL'ite

Hi

3 years back, when i came to london even i was in the same situation as you. Its bit boring being at home whole day. Atleast you are with your daughter.
    Just keep searching over the internet. Post your cv in various job search websites. Call the consultants and talk to them. You will find a job soon.

4. DreamComeTrue

DreamComeTrue New IL'ite

Hi Adimom, thanks for the reply. I am already feeling better than earlier in Jan. My daughter started going to school and I have met many people in the school. So it is better now. However sometimes I feel bored by the cold and still getting adjusted to things here.
    Job search is on and I guess it is going to be busy time once I get the job.
    thanks for the reply.

with regards,
    DreamCometrue

5. AnuRattan

AnuRattan New IL'ite

Hi DreamComeTrue,

My name is Anu. I have been in this country since birth. It's slightly different for me here as its home for me.

I can understand how difficult it could be for new comers and to settle.

Hats off to all those who sacrifice for a new beginning.

In terms of a job, if you pm me I can maybe help you out with a job which can keep you going for a while till you get something you really would like to do.

I look forward to yor reply.

6. Bhuvanapriya

Bhuvanapriya New IL'ite

Hi Anu,

Before coming to London I was working in a Public sector in India for 15 yrs and quite a workacholic. After coming over here i worked here for 9 months in a leave position as an Administrator in a Pension provider company. Later i tried many sites for working from home but it failed for one or some other reasons and applying for jobs but nothing is coming to my way. Yesterday I saw ur posts and was thrilled and thought whether I can go for it. Can u post/guide me in getting this one. I possess a Diploma in Data Entry operation and something like this may be helpful to me.

Thanks and Regards,

priya

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 6, 2011
  7. AnuRattan

AnuRattan New IL'ite

Hi Priya,

Like I said, I can offer you something that could bring you in a little bit of side money, but is not a job of such kind.

Having come from India you must be aware of ORIFLAME?

I am recruiting for Oriflame. If you know about Oriflame and are interested then get back to me, alternatively, if you DON'T know about Oriflame and WOULD like to get some info then still get in touch.

Please let me know. This may lead you to getting to know more people as you make money and could help you get to your destination!!!

Best of luck and I hope to hear from you shortly.

8. sangss

sangss Senior IL'ite

hai anu

i'm n london -eastham..want to do some job overhere..pls help me out..am interested in ur post

9. srisesh

srisesh New IL'ite

hi ,
    when did u move to london....its almost the same here..i too moved to london leaving my job...and now jus getting bored sitting at home...

10. shyamala1234

shyamala1234 Platinum IL'ite

Keep looking for jobs. meanwhile you can meet moms of other kids in the school, interact with them, arrange play dates with the kids and moms. In that way children would be playing and moms can become friends. the group would gradually expand. In London there are libraries nearby everyhwere. One can just walk or go by bus and bring books. Children's sections in libraries are very good. In library you can meet others also. In some libraries book clubs are there. I have been in London for sometime. Harrow is full of Indians.