1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Alone

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by girvani, Jul 4, 2017.

1. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:it looks like a tad dull moment in IL.
    I was trying to Catch UP WITH missed ones. This thread is a thread of positivity.
    Thanks and regards.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    girvani and Viswamitra like this.
  2. jayasala42

jayasala42 IL Hall of Fame

Though not actually connected with the snippet,I am reminded of an anecdote on the word'alone'.
    Veda Vyasa had a son called Sukha Brahma Rishi.One day the son asked his father to show him the way to attain Brahma Gnanam.Vyasa told,'My Dear son. Go to Mithila.King Janaka alone is worthy of conferring Brahma Gnana to you."
    Sukha Brahma Maharishi went To Janaka's palace & told the guards"Go and tell your king that sage Sukha Brahma Maharishi has come to see you".King Janaka said to the guard" ask him to come alone leaving those who have accompanied him".The Guard replied" O king,he has come alone only". The King asked the guard to tell the guest what he has told.
    When the guard conveyed the king's command, The sage thought for some time and told" Tell the king that Suka Brahmam has come".
    Once again the guard was sent back with the command" I asked him to come alone.Even now he wants to be accompanied by one more person".
    Now the sage realised and told the guard"Tell the king that Suka has come to meet the king".Immediately King Janaka welcomed the sage with folded hands"Pl come Sukha Brahma Maharishi"
    This story has been in vogue to en noble the great Gnani Janaka and he didn't hesitate to point out the lapse even to Sukha when the latter was afflicted by Ego for a moment .A person ,notwithstanding his yogic credentials,if possessed of a little spec of 'self'' can never become eligible to attain Brahma Gnana.

3. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

That was a lovely post, Girvani. With due apologies to Shakespeare, I believe some are born alone, some strive for and attain 'aloneness' and others have 'aloneness' thrust upon them. You seem to belong to the last category - even if for a brief time. Nothing like being alone (not lonely) to discover ourselves and to get to know ourselves. All our lives we spend trying to understand others and others behaviours. Somewhere along the way, we forget that we are something beyond a bunch of thoughts enclosed inside a container of flesh,blood and bones walking around gathering external impressions. That is the beginning of our journey towards truly discovering our own Nature.

Last edited: Jun 14, 2019
    Thyagarajan, SpringB and girvani like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:you had given a nice moment to yourself by posting this apt story and a momentum to dull moment of IL .
    Thanks and regards.

girvani likes this.
  5. Vaikuntha

Vaikuntha Platinum IL'ite

The road is ours to walk on.. so true!

Such well written thought. Hope you have a great experience at NIST MD. Happy (and introspective ) Research!

girvani likes this.
  6. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Thank you for the assurance @SunPa !Sincere apologies for not coming back soon. I missed it.

7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Dir,

Thank you very much for reviving this. It was very special and you made me feel special too. Thank you Sir. I kiss my parents so much and you have made me happy.
    Vani

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Thanks ever so much @hemitcrab. I am approaching the last phase of my research. I appreciate all your blessings.
    Vani

9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Jayasala amma

What a beautiful story with a deep lesson. Thank you so much sharing for this.
    Love
    Vani

Thyagarajan likes this.
  10. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Sarchi

Thank you for this. I didn’t know about Shakespeare and you taught me something today. Thank you for your approval.
    Vani

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.