1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Alone

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by girvani, Jul 4, 2017.

1. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear PS madam,

Much appreciated your feedback. Thank you very much,
    Vani

2. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Rihana,

Thank you very much for your feedback. I appreciate.

Vani

3. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Jayasala amma,

Much appreciated and your words meant a lot. I also did wander, those you plays game and on phone most of the time would have felt what I have gone through. But this is how I felt. Thank you very much.

Vani

4. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear KKrish madam,

That is so so true. I brought a book which I wanted to read and I couldn't even pass a page as I was completely lost. You have pointed rightly, for us our family is our strength, joy and make us complete. So appreciate your feed back. THank you.
    VAni

kkrish likes this.
  5. satchitananda

satchitananda IL Hall of Fame

Dear Girvani,

I can imagine how you felt. When living at home with my parents, my mom used to hardly ever go out. On those rare occasions when I'd come home to see a locked door (our door used to generally be open and you could see the door from the road), I'd go straight to my sister's house. I could not face walking into an empty house even if it was for just half an hour. When I went to the hostel in the UK, I hated coming back to a dark room in the beginning. The warm cup of coffee and the warmth of a mom to ask me about my day etc. was missing.

Gradually I started getting used to the solitude of my room. There were days I enjoyed it too, especially when I wanted to get away from people.

After marriage, I remember the first day BH went back to work. I felt so desolate (despite 4.5 years of living on my own), but of course the reasons were different. This was not my home. It was my IL's house and I was not comfortable at the thought of spending the whole day in their company. Oh, those were really difficult days.

Now I have my own home. I always enjoyed having visitors - both types: those who were dropping in and those who stayed. Nowadays I don't have too many people coming over. There used to be many who would come to visit mom when she was here. Now they are very rare visitors. I have grown used to my solitude. I hardly see the BH the whole day long. I leave before he wakes up and he comes back after I am asleep. So much so, that I have even started enjoying the times he goes for conferences for a couple days. I have the home to myself, I love the feeling of locking myself inside with no intrusions from outside and doing my thing. I can cook what I like or choose to eat maggi noodles. I guess it is all a matter of what we get used to.

Thyagarajan and girvani like this.
  6. SCSusila

SCSusila Gold IL'ite

So beautifully written .
    What more is there to say !
    you have seen from all angles , thought along all lines , arrived at the doors of comforting wisdom .
    Each of us must walk our own road . With faith in ourselves and in god , we can .

Thyagarajan likes this.
  7. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Satchi

Thank you very much. I so appreciate. Finally I am back with my loved ones and it makes me even more grateful.
    I so remember the day, I came to UK in the night and the next morning my husband went back to work. LONG 8 hours also. You are so right, it is all a matter of what we get used to.

Vani

Thyagarajan and satchitananda like this.
  8. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear SCSusila

Thank you very much. I really appreciate. I so agree that with faith in ourselves and in God, we can achieve.
    Vani

Thyagarajan likes this.
  9. SunPa

SunPa Platinum IL'ite

@girvani , loved to read this snippet - took me back to a few years ago when I felt the something like this. But dont worry, it gets better.

Even now some days I feel flustered because I cannot go for this class or do gardening as I have to be around at home for my teenage kids . Then I remind myself just another few years and they wont be needing me much, then I can be that gardener . Today let me be there in the back ground in case they need me.

10. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:I was agog to see your profile and landed on this maiden post of yours.
    Quite an interesting introvert a bit. But then your realisation was great. (QUOTED HERE).
    2. From war torn country a postgraduate doing it alone in a different place for a fortnight is great with all that back home feelings and focus on research.
    3. You must be doing proud your loved parents.
    God bless.

girvani likes this.