1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

All that glitters is not gold

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Apr 15, 2009.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

We all like to read something if the title is good. But sometimes the title might not be good but the content inside might be very good. Everyone likes people who are smart and dress up well. Some are not so beautiful but they look attractive. Some talk sweet on the face but inside they are not so good.

Always we cant go by the outside appearance. All that glitters is not gold. People who look serious on their face but inside they must be very good and friendly type. Some do not know how to approach people and talk. Some are very good in approaching people and by their sweet talk they attract them.

For each one God has given some ability. There is no one in this world who has all the qualities. Something or other will be missing in them. Some get nervous seeing the public though they might be smart. It all depends on the way they are brought up and the surroundings.

viji

2. SiriVeda

SiriVeda Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,

So true. Appearances are always deceptive and we can or should never judge a person by his/her looks. I encountered a lot of people who knew dressing up beautifully but can never speak a good word. :spin At the same time I met people who look repulsive, but they have a golden heart.

"First Impression is the best impression" is not true always as when we meet a person for the first time, our impression is based on the looks of the person and not his/her behavior.

That was a nice, thoughtful post :thumbsup

3. ALPA

ALPA Platinum IL'ite

My dearest Vijiji,

here a big hug to you and kisses. you know vijiji you have hit the nail on the head, you always know what exectlyto say, i totally agree with you and its so true not all five fingers of our hands are the same.
    This is the reality of the world we are living in a materialistic world
    loveyou
    alpa:cheers

4. anaamika

anaamika Senior IL'ite

Dear Viji aunty

Truely said ! And like sriveda said, I too do not believe in " first impressions", cause first impression never takes us to the truth ! I too believe in the real gold than the glitter, but at times seems, the 'glitter' is necessary to survive in this materialistic world ! People who don't believe in the glitter, I have seen, get singled out !! But bieng what you are, is the real glow !!
    cheers!

5. Jpatma

Jpatma Silver IL'ite

Dear Viji,
    True at times we get carried away by the appearance,later we learn than it is not true.

So we shd be cautious, assess the person before judging
    Jaya

6. rajiravi

rajiravi Bronze IL'ite

Dear Viji m'am,

I agree with you 100% m'am. I feel "first impression" does not mean the appearance of the people. It is the attitude, talk in the pleasing manner and friendly look is what "first impression" is all about. It has nothing to do with beauty and is something more than that. Enjoyed your post.

7. Padmini

Padmini IL Hall of Fame

dear viji,
    you have clearly brought out that appearance is deceptive. sometimes we also do mistakes by seeing their appearance. a well dressed man may be a thief. we cannot judge a person by their dress or talk. this you have clearly said. nice.
    with love
    pad

8. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

Rightly said Viji...but what to do 'first impressions makes the best impression, isn't it! sometimes it might be wrong too...to accept that it would take time.
    Don't judge the book by its cover.goes well with your title..

sriniketan

9. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Siriveda

Thanks for your first fb. True ourimpression is based on the looks of the person and not their behaviour. Some dont look so good but they are very smart. I think it depends on the way they carry themselves

love
    viji

10. iyerviji

iyerviji IL Hall of Fame

Dear Alpa

True five fingers are not the same. We should see the heart of a person not the looks. But in the present world everyone expects smartness.

love
    viji