1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

All Symptoms Of Pcos But Not Evident In Scan

Discussion in 'Gynaecology' started by amunique, Jul 1, 2017.

1. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Ilites,
    I have all the symptoms of pcos(earlier for the past few years the scan reports showed multiple cysts)now when i again took a scan recently(noe they did inside scan)and revealed only endometrium thickness of 9.5mm.not cysts.
    i went to consult doctor because i am having almost all symptoms of pcos -oily skin,weight gain constantly and scanty periods.
    she suggested ginette 35 and metformin 500mg.
    yet after taking these medicines my periods are very very scanty. i can say just spotting. and i am worried :(
    and scared,is this normal?
    i am seperated and i am not trying for pregnancy either but just went for hope of getting periods flow and to check my pcos stage.
    please suggest.

2. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

no replies :(
    are there any gynecologists in IL?? just wondering ..

3. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

Hi,
    I am an ayurvedic physician from Kerala. As per what you have mentioned,I understand that you have hormonal issues and scanty menstrual flow. Anyhow I need to get more details on it such as from how long you are experiencing this and you have mentioned that you are gaining weight. I need a clarity on all these along with things like how is your bowel movement, what about appetite? How about your daily diet? If you are a person who doesnot exercise or even do brisk walking, please start with any one. Try including foods like dates, raisins, pomegranate, sesame seeds in different forms. Include fibrous diet, fruits and green leafy vegetables. Avoid intake of cabbage, cauliflower, canned foods, chocolate, mayonnaise, bakery items,foods containing maida. Reduce intake of pulses, tubers like potato and tapioca as it may lead to production of more gas in stomach and you may have a bulged abdomen. There are kashaayams(decoctions), tablets and other medicines in ayurveda to solve your problem. If you are interested in taking them please let me know. Shall provide you with details if you give me exact information of your issue.

Thyagarajan and amunique like this.
  4. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Hello DrVandhana,
    Thank you so much for replying. These are some more details,
    how long you are experiencing this -->since past 4-5 years.
    weight gain--> from past 15 years or more, there has only been constant gain.
    bowel movement---> is regular and fine.
    appetite---> i do not have a large hunger,and by the time i see my favorite food even then i eat little,my fear and stress pulls me, this is even with my sleep pattern.
    I dont exercise nor walk...will definitely walk even if its for 10 min initially.
    About my diet--->its south indian telugu household diet,dhall rice ghee,local veggies.
    I have very low Vit D levels and serum calcium is below normal. Hb is 11%..checked recently
    Also,elevated bad cholesterol and low HDL levels.

Please advice and i am very thankful to you...

5. DrVandhana

DrVandhana Bronze IL'ite

Depending on the information what you have provided I understand that you are not a big eater. But still there has to be clarity in foods that you take a day starting from breakfast.

Cut short on carbohydrates, which means that you have to avoid rice items and fried items. Reduce intake of ghee. Add more fruits and vegetables in your diet. Eat them as salads. Drink in the form of juices too without adding sugar. Even if you don't eat / skip a meal, then also it will lead to the production of gas. Keep your breakfast by 8 a.m, lunch 2 p.m and dinner 8 p.m. Follow diet as told earlier too.

Start with exercise 10/15 minutes daily and increase the time by next week.. Reduce intake of dal like sambar dal, urad dal,. Whereas moong dal is good.

Medicines that can be taken are:

1.Sukumaram kashaayam- 15ml+ 45ml warm water , twice daily , half an hour before food.
    2. Rajapravartini vati 2-0-2, After food
    3.Asokarishtam + Kumaryasavam- 30ml, twice daily, after food.

Take for a month, if bleeding starts, stop rajapravartini vati .Continue the rest. After 2 weeks or one month need a follow up, only after which what can be changed could be decided according to the condition. Meanwhile send me the diet chart on one particular day of your schedule. So that i can advice on what all should be avoided and what has to be added.

Thank you.

Thyagarajan likes this.
  6. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Hi...
    Thanks for suggesting..
    sure, i will tell you what i all eat in a day..so that you can guide me better. also, please tell me as to where i can get the below medicines..
    Also,do you consult privately? or should i contact you only here? please let me know.
    once again thank you so much!!..

7. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Hello..Dr Vandhana,
    below is a glimpse of what i eat in a day..
    After waking up, after brushing plain water half bottle
    (now a days i am unable to get any sleep at night so i am waking up very late in the mornings say 10am, since i am awake till 2 or 3am in the night)
    for breakfast oats+milk and a banana or dosa with ginger chutney/sugar or idly with ghee ginger chutney/sugar
    for lunch: rice + any thur dhal and vegetable(like tomato dhall) or any veg curry like rigge gourd/tomato papads at times fried in oil curd sometimes pickle.
    lunch is around 2pm
    i wont have anything in between at times coconut water..2-3 glasses in the evening
    if any sweets are available at home then i will eat those in the evening
    night :same like afternoon lunch or dosa with podi and sugar or idly with podi and sugar.
    The above is all what i eat in a day..please advice..
    Thank you so much...

8. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Hi @amunique I also have less vitamin d as low as 6. What did the Dr suggest you for less vitamin d. Am a vegetarian so fish is not an option.

9. stayblessed

stayblessed Platinum IL'ite

Also if vitamin d is less periods will be scanty. This is what I heard from a friend

10. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

@stayblessed ..she advised some kashayams for hormone imbalance.. you can see the names of the same in the above reply

stayblessed likes this.