1. Want to get periods immediately before attending a religious event? Check this out for tips...
    Dismiss Notice

All about PCOS... lets all come together and track it and ward off....

Discussion in 'Health Issues' started by amunique, Dec 24, 2011.

1. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

Hi ILites,
    This is not a mere weight loss thread. I would like ILites who have this PCOS .. to come together and lets help each other eradicate this deadly one this coming year 2012... lets believe, this year onwards there would be lessening number of pcos cases.

Let me start... here...

pcos is a combination of weight gain, irregular periods, excessive hair growth, male pattern baldness etc...

so ladies who experience the above.. lets get it sorted systematically

like,

we need to see the below list of doctors..
    1.General physician
    2.Gynecologist
    3.Dietician
    4.Dermatologist

List of hormonal tests need to be taken along with Lipid profile for persons who are obese.

This is a systematic way of solving...this...any ILites who would like to join hands can pls post here so that we will win over this battle at ease...

more on next posts...

ILites ur support is needed....:thumbsup

2. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

22 views... no replies... :(

3. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

i want all ladies who r overweight n suspecting this pcos to join hands pls...

4. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

i first found out that I had pcos two years ago. being a college student, i didnt pay much attention to it and used to indulge in all kinds of junk foods and had no much exercise.

it was later that i found out how deadly this could be and affect my life.

I consulted a good endo and started with metformin; and he had made it very clear to me that if i didnt control my diet and exercise this treatment was of no use. I was still careless.

But it was 2011's resolution to lose weight and i guess the wisest decision i had ever made. I joined a gym and cut on my sugar intake; along with the changes in my lifestyle and metformin- the results were amazing. I was losing weiht, my periods were getting normal and i felt more alive (earlier i was always sluggish)...

i know sometimes it is difficult; but at times we need to get serios about our health and the good thing about pcos is that to a very large extent you can control it. When i began losing 3 kilos- i started having a proper 29 day cycle.

I got married this september and i had got my would be prepared about pcos and of the complications we might face in future to start a family. But guess, my workouts and controlling my diet helped and i conceived the month after my wedding.

PCOS does sound deadly; but to a great extent- we can help ourselves :)

1 person likes this.
  5. injustice

injustice Bronze IL'ite

Wow good post. Confrarulations.....can you please share uour diet.

6. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

Well I am from south india and a major portion of my diet included rice or rice used dishes and coconut oil.

I began eating smaller meals more frequently- that was what i was mainly doing.

Something typical was a such:

Early morning- 2 dates stuffed with almonds
    Breakfast - milk (without sugar) + 2 idlis/ dosas with coconut chutney
    Mid morning - buttermilk (sometimes I used to add some beetroot puree to it)
    Lunch- fruit first (it helped with my appetite) + a bit of rice (sometimes even half a katori)+ sambhar+ veggies/fish
    Evening- half cup tea (with sugar)
    At around 6- I used to munch on some veggies
    Dinner- porridge or sometimes just a fruit smootie or just a fruit bowl.
    and i drink a lot of water, i keep sipping water in between and in total i consume close to 3 litres a day.

I followed a similar pattern the entire week and on the weekend (just one day) i give in to my cravings. this was i was able to control my cravings and stick to my diet. But trust me after two-three weekends, when you start seeing the difference (its not the weight first; you start feeling fresher from within and increased levels of energy); your body will reduce the cravings for you.

I used to work out along with this; though initially the weight loss was slow, my periods started getting regular really quick; and when i continued this schedule (along with the medications)- i started losing weight and i was very happy with myself.

all the best :)

7. amunique

amunique Gold IL'ite

hey sithara,
    wonderful post... i also was adviced metformin but it made me very weak. so i stopped so i am not under any medication right now, still with excess weight and pcos. this weel planning to meet the doctor. ur words help me a lot do pls keep posting on how did u get motivated etc.. pls

8. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

the thing was, my relatives always used to nag me with my weight (not that i was a slim girl earlier, but they kept nagging me) and there came a point when i was fed up and felt my mom was not so happy with all these comments. So my 2011's resolution was to lose weight and get into some stylish cloths.

the funny thing is that, when i lost weight, not a single one appreciates but i have a proud mom :) and thankfully it started helping me medically

9. JaanuVR

JaanuVR New IL'ite

Hi All
    I am also suferring from PCOd since 5 yrs, but i detected it after my marriage, i have undergone to Laproscpy now i have 2 yrs child. but again iam suffering same,i have controled my diet, i am working women so no time to do excersie. i afried of taking english mediciens again, ecause of lot of side effects, can any one please please.. tell me how to loose weight and also homeopathy is better or not. waiting for replies...
    Thank you

10. mimur9

mimur9 IL Hall of Fame

Amunique, sitharaj [​IMG]and nice thread.