1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

airtel super singer

Discussion in 'TV' started by ladybug23, Jul 10, 2013.

1. GoogleGlass

GoogleGlass IL Hall of Fame

All of us judged the judges well - kudos :)

3 people like this.
  2. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Hmm! A poor soul from india watching it all night who said 'same blood' to me.

Anyway happy that it's over now.

What's next: Good memories of this series for couple of weeks! In the meanwhile, start audition and ad for the next season! Jeez!

2 people like this.
  3. bhanumathy

bhanumathy Silver IL'ite

syed was wrong choice. there were lot better singers. Too much politics. awful judges. Sujatha with her broken tamil irritates me.

2 people like this.
  4. aniShekar

aniShekar Platinum IL'ite

That's true...plenty of singers from other states, and they speak the language perfectly - SPB, Shailaja, P.Suseela, Vijay Prakash...

Of course, it isn't an issue when singing - they could perfect the accent while recording. But when judging a regional language for years like this, you'd expect judges to at least speak the language decently well!
    Why, Nayantara speaks better Tamil than Sujatha :) :)

6 people like this.
  5. sridevi1977

sridevi1977 IL Hall of Fame

I just watched the finals...Happy for Diwakar!

6. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Neenga Thappa Purinjindel arun :hide: Poor soul Iilla clever soul...did not watch the entire program...just checked il and watched the program at its end....
    Makkale aayiram sonnallum Nama Elam avlo seekaram thirundhiduvoma yenna??? :notthatway: ...Payanangal mudivadhilai...next season paarpom... What say people??? laugh1smiley

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  7. jasmine25

jasmine25 Gold IL'ite

Guys what did you feel about the song choice for finals?? Am deeply disappointed..except for diwakars second song I did not feel other songs was its kind to present in the grand finale..I did not mean to say those weren't nice but bad choice for a stage perfomance..somehow I felt performances were splendid during weekly shows and pre finals and selections..bhavana and ma kappa..in the name of comedy they tried to do something..sirippe varala..
    marun...marupadiyum solren kelunga...I did not watch patiently throughout the program..today morning I scrolled and watched in it in internet...yenna dhan bore adichalum..curiousity kills the cat :yes:

Last edited: Feb 2, 2014
  8. aniShekar

And I suspect most of us will do this the next season too ;-) Though it's not very enticing - an entire season of Mano and Subha would probably drive us all:bang

I bet next Jan we'll almost be looking forward to Sujatha's broken Tamil; Srinivas's nonsensical comments and Unni's make-up :) :)

3 people like this.
  9. Marun

Marun Platinum IL'ite

Enamo ponga! oru vazhiya mudinjidhu ba! ini one month ku no distabance!

Neenga laam thirundhave maatenga thaaikulame! Vungala vechi thaan indha season 5 start aaga poguthu :boo:

I think next season is okay! chinna pullainga paadum! edho konja naalaikki pirachana theendhudhu!

Adhunga rendum dubakoors! mokka ya pottu kollum paarunga! I will buy a 400m sniper and shoot both of them. First bhavana thaan!

Curiosity kills nu sumaava sonnanga!

1 person likes this.
  10. aniShekar

I think they chose songs that were very popular - last year, Pragathi sang "isaiyarasi" flawlessly in the final, and yet that didn't make much of an impact as Ajith's "vande mataram".
    Plus, I have a feeling songs might have been kept simple deliberately - to kind of level the playing ground. Both Diwakar and Syed (the singers who'd pull in most votes) have not performed in front of this large an audience before, and I'm sure Vijay TV wouldn't have wanted their performances to look average compared to the more experienced Sonia and Parvati!! Sonia has sung complicated songs before...paadariyen/margazhi thingal were not as tough as some of the others she's sung. Likewise, Parvati...."raa raa" in the finals - seriously?

That said, I think Diwakar's performance was really good (Neeye ennakum is pretty tough, isn't it?) Even Syed's Vidaikodu was quite good - one of his best performances, IMO. Though he could have just as well come in and sung "baa baa black sheep" and still the judges would have gone ga-ga over it!!

4 people like this.