1. What Movie Did You Watch Today? : Post Here
    Dismiss Notice

Airtel Super Singer junior 3-kids are rocking!!

Discussion in 'TV' started by sujakalyan, Jan 2, 2012.

1. Anuka

Anuka Bronze IL'ite

Hi Guys I have just joined this forum. I have been wanting to join a forum for a long

time and just found you guys. I like watching super singer but I at times I just hate it too! I cannot understand why they have such young kids in the competition. I don't understand why the parents of these kids are entering the kids in the competition too! Kids like Sukanya, Malavika, Raj Ganapathy, Anu are a pleasure to watch. I would rather the compeerers don't sum up the judges' comments. I don't appreciate foreign kids participating in Tamil Nadu Chellkural!

2. Anuka

Anuka Bronze IL'ite

Pragathi participated in the Carnatic music idol North America 2011. I think she won 2nd or third prize. So no wonder she is doing good in super singer. But the judges are a bit too biased with her and always giving her chocolate showers. The other kids are giving her a tough competition as well. I really like Rak****ha.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  3. Anuka

Anuka Bronze IL'ite

I mean I said I really like Ratchitha.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  4. sitharaj

sitharaj Gold IL'ite

Re: Hi Guys I have just joined this forum. I have been wanting to join a forum for a

hihihi.. this is something which disturbs me a lot too; the part where very young kids are entered into such contests. earlier i was of the view that if they have the talent, then it should be encouraged and such platforms are a blessing, but not until it started happening in my own house.

i have an 8 year old niece, very talented girl and my cousins are very proud of her and try and get her as many stage shows and competitions as possible. In the beginning i was liking the performances and the limelight we all were receiving because of her. but slowly i understood- what tremendous pressure my lil niece was going through.

she used to wake up at 5 in the mornings to do her school work, get to school by 6.30. Get back by 3 in the afternoon, have some tiffin and then rushed to her training institute for practises (she literally has competitions or shows every weekend) and gets home by 9 in the night. A shower, dinner, studying in case there is a test the next day and to bed by 12. where is her life? it pains me to see her childhood being wasted like this.

when i try to speak to my cousins- they are of the opinion that if they dont encourage her now, then her talent will take a backbench. I see this lil girl being tensed and nervous every second day, she at times complains that she is fed up of this. and the reason why she is doing this- so that her mom is happy and gets her a kfc meal!!!

if it was just participation it was a different things, they have exerted enormous pressure on her to win every thing (maybe in the long run- she might turn out to be a go-getter), but my ques is- should a 8 year old go through all this pressure? her entire life is there for all the challenges to face. no games, no play, less interaction with kids of her age and all that she has to boost is of a cupboard full of trophies; sometimes i am worried seeing the pressure my cousins are exerting on her and they dont see the sense.

so coming to the point, its mostly the parents who are pushing their kids into such stuff- of course competition and having a competitive spirit is important; but with the level of expectations going high day by day- i am scared for the pressure these young ones have to endure (as i feel so sorry seeing my niece go through all this)...

5 people like this.
  5. vidhyalakshmid

vidhyalakshmid IL Hall of Fame

I think Rak****a also participated in Junior super stars, as well as Jayanth.
    Pragathi`s attitude is good. She was crying when Anal Akash eliminated.

6. lgirish

lgirish Platinum IL'ite

why did they show sefi with her wounds? To create sympathy?

1 person likes this.
  7. Anuka

Anuka Bronze IL'ite

Of course I agree about her attitude. She is a great kid.

8. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

ladies,

dedication round is very emotional
    very sweet round to show our regards to a person who has played key role in our life
    has this dedication round been airred in any of the reality music shows??

9. sujakalyan

sujakalyan Silver IL'ite

guys

forgot to mention, it is a great surprise to know that rajesh vaidya is the father of malavika
    mrs.charukesi rajesh vaidya (maalu's mother) is an excellent violinist
    she was accompanying rajesh vaidya in the music crew for very old carnatic program ragam-sangetham anchored by mohan vaidya in raj tv
    music is in malavika's blood as she hails from the family of music suvvys:clap

10. Subhaganesh

Subhaganesh Gold IL'ite

dedication round makes me very emotional....
    even the participants gets very emotional too...