1. U.S. Elementary Education : What Parents Need to Know
    Dismiss Notice

Air Fryer Recommendations Please

Discussion in 'General Discussions - USA & Canada' started by Amica, Nov 30, 2017.

1. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

I got the 3.4 quart one GW22621 since I wasn’t sure if I would use it much and didn’t want it occupying too much counter space. Just to give you an idea I can fry six fish pieces approx 2x2 inches or 4 chicken leg pieces at one time. Takes about 4 mins on each side to cook at 400 Deg F for the fish. Chicken a little longer .
    For eggs , I put them in ramekins and place them in the airfryer . I prefer the shallow oval ramekins for this . Done in about 4 mins . Since I cook everything at 400 deg F I check every two mins when I cook something for the first time. Now I am more comfortable with the cooking times .

Archanaanchan and Amica like this.
  2. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Thanks @Archanaanchan! I'll take a look. :)

3. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Brilliant! Thank you so much, @Sandycandy! I'll get the smaller one, too. :thumbsup:

Sandycandy likes this.
  4. GoneGirl

GoneGirl Gold IL'ite

I have the philips airfryer..
    So far i love the chicken wings, comes out nice, moist inside and crisp outside (because of the fat thats in the chicken wings outer layer )
    But everything else i tried seems dry and not as tasty as I hoped.. need to experiment a bit more..
    esp fish, tastes better when i cook it in my cast iron tawa than this one..
    @Sandycandy , could you please share your recipe/tips for the fish fry... thanks!

Amica and momsky like this.
  5. emmypisquemmy

emmypisquemmy New IL'ite

My uncle has a Phillips air fryer. They all love it and talk about it all of the time. I don’t know much about the specific brand but I do know that air frying foods can save you a lot of calories, dishwashing, and time. Now I’m thinking to get one after reading this thread!

Amica likes this.
  6. Sandycandy

Sandycandy IL Hall of Fame

My guess is you are cooking the fish too long. My recipe for fish marinade : chilli powder, salt, tamarind paste , chopped garlic or garlic powder, little pepper powder ( I also add chopped curry leaves and pinch of turmeric if I feel like connecting to my South Indian roots :) ) Dipped in rava before airfrying.
    Tilapia/ salmon from the refrigerated section at Costco or even the vacuum sealed fish from the freezer section have worked well.
    I generally brush a little olive oil on the aluminum foil and also a little bit over the fish . 400 deg F , 4 mins on one side. I cook the other side for another 3-4 mins. Check at 2 min intervals if you are not sure how long you need to cook them . I hope that helps.

GoneGirl and Amica like this.
  7. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Easy cleanup is reason enough. :D

:hello: Welcome to IL, @emmypisquemmy! That's a totally adorable nickname. Do people still call you by it?

Sandycandy likes this.
  8. Amica

Amica IL Hall of Fame

Awesome! Thanks much for the recipe. :hearteyes:

Dude! You have no idea how much! :blush:

Sandycandy likes this.
  9. Change1

Change1 New IL'ite