1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Aha Moments At Indusladies

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Feb 25, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

I was one of the winner for the contest Ahamoments at Indusladies- 5th Anniversary Contest in 2010, though of sharing it here

Dear Malathy
    First of all congratulations for the 5th Anniversary and all the best to celebrate many more Anniversaries

the moments when you experienced something unexpectedly positive in Indusladies

It was in September 2007, when my daughter told me about this site and I became a member of this site. Since I was retired and my children were married I used to feel very lonely and when I joined here I felt very happy to see so many forums. In the beginning I used to post only in Snippets and later came to know about the other forums also.

the moments when the uniqueness and specialty of Indusladies became clearer to you

When I started Coffee Morning thread and How are you thread so many friends started posting in the above threads and they all became very close to me. When I kept some target to make 1000 posts everyone actively partiicipated and we could make 1000 posts. Through the thread I got so many nieces and daughters.

Another feature which attracted me in this site is you can see who is on line by the green light which comes and also through their profile can find out in which forum is our dear friend. By knowing who is on line and seeing their profile we are able to keep in touch with them in that forum in case we want to tell them something. Also if they are replying to some thread , if it is interesting to us we are also able to give fb to that particular thread.

the moments when you realized that this community site is more than what you thought it was

There are somany forums here from where you can gain knowledge. During our Birthdays, Anniversaries and when we complete a milestone, we get so many wishes here and feel happy about it.
    Now a days when we are going through our post that time only, in the left hand we can see the new posts. In that way if someone types a new thread we can immediately give fb to that post which makes the person so happy.

the moments when a fellow IL'ite went over and beyond your expectation in being helpful or friendly.

I was so happy when Aruna and Mindian staying abroad were pleased to meet me when they came to Mumbai. In their busy schedule of visiting their relatives and other close friends, they took somet ime to meet me also. Whenever there is IL meet people always say that they don’t feel they are meeting for the first time.
    I have become so addicted to IL that when the net goes off I get very irritated. Earlier I used to pass my freetime watchin g TV serials but of late because of IL I have stopped watching so many serials. Whenever I have free time I log in to IL and I am ableto learn so many things from IL.
    I am so surprised to see so many youngsters who are great writers and have knowledge of everything. The Senior Citizens can learn so much from the young people here through various forums.
    Each moment in IL Is an Aha moment for me. I forget the world when I am in IL and this is my second home.

Last edited: Mar 21, 2010

SunPa, Laks09, Lalithambigai and 3 others like this.

2. Laks09

Laks09 Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Viji Aunty - I miss the coffee moments and good morning chats. Where has all the time gone!
    Love you lots. Hope you are having a good day.

- L

iyerviji likes this.
  3. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Laks09 likes this.