Aha Moments at IndusLadies - 5th Anniversary Contest - March 2010

Discussion in 'Topic of the Month - Contest' started by Induslady, Mar 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Induslady

Induslady Administrator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

Dear IL'ites,

We had a phenomenal
    Women's day Contest & Celebrations. We had 75 blog entries that came in for the contest and all of them were real Gems. I highly encourage you to read every one of them. Coming off such a high-octane contest, we are going into another gala contest for our 5th Anniversary, which falls on March 29th, 2010.

Let's make this fun, light and interesting contest. Share with us your "Aha Moments at Indusladies...."

...the moments when you experienced something unexpectedly positive in Indusladies
    ...the moments when the uniqueness and specialty of Indusladies became clearer to you
    ...the moments when you realized that this community site is more than what you thought it was
    ...the moments when a fellow IL'ite went over and beyond your expectation in being helpful or friendly.

We want to make this contest very simple and straight forward that most of you can participate. You don't need to be a great writer to enter the contest. Just write down your thoughts in short simple English and you would be as good as any.

Because it's our 5th Anniversary, we are going to give away lots of Indusladies stuff. We will select the best 15 entries and give away the following..

- 5 (newly designed) T-Shirts to 5 IL'ites
    - 5 Caps to 5 IL'ites
    - 5 Letter Holders to 5 IL'ites

Let the entries roll in. Contest Ends March 27th and Winners will be announced on our Anniversary day of March 29th. All timing is IST. Please post your entries in this thread. One IL'ite can make multiple entries.

Please ask below if you have any questions. Thank you.

Good Luck!

2. raagini

raagini Silver IL'ite

[just an opinion] this appears to be rather unusual contest - not seen before !!!

3. Sriniketan

Sriniketan IL Hall of Fame

That's a good contest idea, Malathy..where it should be posted? In this same thread?

sriniketan

4. Induslady

Hi Raagini,

Yes, you are right. Every Anniversary, we aim to do a unique and different contest. This is one time of the year, where we focus it more around the community and be a little more self-congratulatory on the path we have come through:)

Hope you can send in your entry too. Thanks.

5. Induslady

Yes, Sriniketan, entries for the contest are to be posted in this same thread. Thanks.

6. Custard

Custard Gold IL'ite

Hello Indus Lady,

Can there be more than one entry from a person?

7. prishen

prishen Bronze IL'ite

Dear Malathy and Jay,
    Many thanks for starting this wonderful portal and I am very proud to be associated with this community. I pray god that IL would see much more years to come with great achievements.

Dear Friends,
    Let me take the privilege of being the first contestant for this competition.

...the moments when you experienced something unexpectedly positive in Indusladies
    --> This is the moment when I first browsed through the IL site. I was actually searching for shlokams to teach my then, 1.5 yr old daughter did I stumped upon this wonderful community. I was amazed to see a separate forum for Prayers and Shlokas with lot of information by Chitra Maami. Very Same day I enrolled myself in the community - 8th October 2007.

...the moments when the uniqueness and specialty of Indusladies became clearer to you
    --> Though I joined the site after being absorbed by Chitra Maami's Shloka's section, there were many moments and days that I realized the uniqueness and speciality of IL. Yes.. when I realized that this is a place where I can get any type of information that I might need.. be it a new recipe or Parenting or Beauty tips or tips for working women in organizing home.. IL is unique in its own style of catering to the public as like one stop site for the family well being.

...the moments when you realized that this community site is more than what you thought it was
    --> Initially I thought it was for specific needs of ladies - like Beauty, recipe, house organization, general chatting.. But soon, I realized that this community is way beyond of what I thought it was.. Now I go to different section - short stories, arts and crafts section, Music related information. Anything I need, I first search in the site before googling outside.

...the moments when a fellow IL'ite went over and beyond your expectation in being helpful or friendly.
    --> I am happy to say that whenever I raised any question in any thread or post, it was duly helped by fellow IL'ite and every time I see my query being answered, I step towards this site more and feel more closer each time. I am not a very active poster in the site but honestly I am a very active reader of this site and the suggestion and help from fellow IL'ite for each and everybody is amazing. Not a day passes by without me logging into the site.

In short, I hope for all ladies every moment spent in IL are 'Aha Moments" only.

Thanks
    Priya

8. srinivasan_vanaja

srinivasan_vanaja Gold IL'ite

Dear Ilites,

I second Priya -

My Aha moments in Indusladies would be discovering more like minded ilites. The title of the posts or threads or blogs might attract you to read the contents but only the substance which is being experienced, pondered, shared makes you comment. In that way we come across many like minded people here and we feel that we are not different.

Yes, I am able to find that nobody is different here. Each and every ilite encourage you and bring out the real YOU. Their unbiased compliments qualify you to be a potential contributor.

The uniqueness would be the relationship that is shared between the ilites, moderators and the administrator. Theyare the pillars who add quality and strengthen website. How dutiful they are!

I was not active in the forum for quiet some time as I was hooked up to my work and other activities. When I started a new discussion two days ago I was immediately recognized and was given a very warm welcome by my fellow ilites. What more do you need in a social forum other than recognition and compliments!

I really wonder at few ilites who extend their relationship beyond the website activities by conducting meet ups. I appreciate them being really comfortable with even new ilites though I am not of that type. This shows that they all have a very clear and unpolluted mind.

If I need to describe the technical part of the website. I find it very user friendly, hassle free and competing with modern technicalities. The record on the membership profile and milestones is amazing and it keeps you fastened to the forum.

The most admirable part would be the spam filter. The Administrator and the moderators are quite vigilant to the spams and thus contribute to the growth of the website both qualitatively and quantitatively.

When you see in other community websites, people write in short forms like plz, coz, dude, macchi and so on which irritates you and you may even land up in not understanding what they try to express. English is a beautiful and a decent language which carries lot of elegant and attractive words drawing more readers. These short forms make the language to suffocate and loose its basic identity. I am really thankful to the Administrator being strict to this kind of short messages and indecent language.

I am making this entry not only to participate in the contest. I have been silently watching the growth of Indusladies and I take this entry as an opportunity to place my appreciation to the quality work being done by Indusladies. Thank you.

9. Induslady

Hi Custard, Yes, One IL'ite can make multiple entries. Thank you.

10. Soldier

Soldier Gold IL'ite

At the outset Advance Wishes to IL on the occasion of 5th Anniversary.

Very thoughtful of the team IL to throw open this contest to all ILites to let out their feelings of IL here.

I was actually ` googling’ for some recipe and chanced to get to know of Indusladies. Actually, previously I used to get hooked to Sitagita.com. Though that site also had all sections that a lady would look for, I felt IL had more things to offer with various forums and sub forums.

what I felt unique about IL was all the forums are neatly organized and no broad area of interest is left out. Since my first introduction to the site followed my recipe search, naturally the first person I got to read about was Chitra Mam. I really bow to her efforts. How well the Recipe Section is organized with index for sweets, savouries, tasty tiffins and tastier snacks!!!, the unbelievable varieties of curries, gravies, chocolates, juices, soups,…………… the list is endless. I sort of fainted by seeing the index itself and on that day decided that my life time will not be able to go through each and every recipe there. I can never bridge the gap. The most beautiful part is the SBS recipes and the planning of menus, the Jiffy Cooking, instant podis. Thanks to Chitra Mam. I finish my cooking in the most minimum time so that more time is available to spend in IL. The organizing of various forums is really unique and impressed me on day one.

Yes, IL is definitely beyond my initial perception. The posting of threads and feedbacks gives us a very nice platform to interact with others. I am proud to have so many friends across the globe.

Be it the birthday or wedding day or reaching of a milestone in number of posts relating to any ILite, it is promptly noted followed by a shower of wishes that makes one feel as if on Cloud 9. The interactions here are healthy. Going by the site name, I thought it was meant only for ladies. Later came to know through interactions that some men were members too and it is good to communicate here through forums with like minded people whom you don’t know at all

Whenever I wanted to know anything or get my doubts clarified, there were so many replies. There are some people here whom you feel like saluting – some I have already started pampering as if they were close to my heart – some interactions give a feeling that we have known the person for years at length – some give us a feeling that whatever be our problem, we can look up to them and get instant help – some give us a motherly feeling.

In certain threads, actually our friendship has gained strength – both by number and closeness to such an extent, we feel lost if we miss some body for quite some time.

To put it short and sweet, all my moments at IL have been ` Aha Moments’ and never ` Ayyo Moments’.

There are moments when I have become emotional and wept and moments when I have giggled like mad. I get rejuvenated after daily stepping into IL. On some days IL has been like Vishukkani for me. As straight from the bed, I come and sit in IL (on those days when I wake up unusually early). IL has become a part of me and me and IL have become unseparable.

I have already given a thread here Bonding with IL, the positives and the negatives. What more do I need to explain about my passion for IL.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.