Agonised!!!

Discussion in 'Education & Personal Growth' started by Sweety2016, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Sweety2016

Sweety2016 Gold IL'ite

Thank you so much for your wishes...when I wrote this thread, it was a v tough period for me...I was having periodic crying spells..during one such period, I was listening to nalam vazha ennalum en vazthukkal song from Tamil movie marupadium...this line, .' oru vassal moodi Maru vassal veipaan iraivan' ( when god closes one door he will open the other) soothed me and is now etched inside my heart!

2. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

Sorry. Your note seemed to have connected well with a number of others.
    but, What does "cleared IIT" mean ?

If you are indeed going into a Ph.D. program, you should quit this crying spells. Failures are part of life; they offer you the chance to analyze and find out why you had not achieved the expected results. Especially useful thing if your research is to involve some experimental engineering/science.
    Best wishes in your program.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Sweety2016, Rihana and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Viswamitra

Viswamitra Finest Post Winner

@Sweety2016,

Sometimes, a grinding session in our life happens for us to have a learning experience to understand and focus more on something you get later. Our in house professor @sokanasanah calling your post elsewhere nerdiest post he had read in IL indicates how talented you are already. You have too many accomplishment behind you and yet ambitious to finish Ph.D. I understand how researchers get that unlimited urge to explore as I have experienced it with my own son. When I read your article on Thermodynamics and heat transfer I thought of my son as well. He finished his M.S. in Heat Transfer and went on to finish his Ph.D. in Computational Fluid Dynamics.

While my family is asking him to go and join a very big national lab, he is resisting that to pursue the patents he already owns. I am helping him to pursue that option with a lot of encouragement. The paths are hard but once we pursue that with patience and persistence, eventually, the outcome will be given by the grace of God for that hard work.

I know how hard it would be for you to take care of your child and Ph.D. curriculum. Focus your attention on mandatory credits first and choose your research subject much earlier. Don't be surprised if you don't get enough attention as most professors (guides) have more than what they could chew. My best wishes.

Last edited: May 12, 2019
    Sweety2016 likes this.
  4. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

IIT is Indian Institute of Technology

5. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

@Sweety2016 I am very happy for you!!! Congratulations and all the best!

Sweety2016 likes this.
  6. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

You are so sweet!
    After the initial confusion*, I figured out that "cleared" is used in the same parlance as in hurdles, high-jump or pole-vault. :facepalm:

Sweety2016 and pocahontas like this.
  7. Viswamitra

Removed as it is not necessary.

8. pocahontas

pocahontas Gold IL'ite

Yes, because clearing the IIT entrance exam (and interview for masters) is no less hurdle!

Sweety2016 likes this.
  9. Rihana

Rihana Moderator Staff Member IL Hall of Fame

You are also sweet. Now you know what "cleared" means. Next homework: find out what "passed out" means w.r.t an educational institution. : )

Sweety2016, Congratulations!

Viswamitra and pocahontas like this.
  10. Viswamitra

Please see my comments in "Never Mind".