1. Have an Interesting Snippet to Share : Click Here
    Dismiss Notice

Ageing

Discussion in 'Snippets of Life (Non-Fiction)' started by iyerviji, Jun 22, 2019.

1. iyerviji

iyerviji Finest Post Winner

Though I am old by age, I am young at heart and think like young person. You all know my hobby of jewellery making and now I have stopped making. I used to post in Facebook.Used to feel very happy when I used to get lovely comments and likes. Sometimes Iused to feel the chain I made is ordinary but surprised when I get likes that too from friends whom I have not expected.Sometimes unexpectedly I get lovely comments and I feel on the topof the world . I know all are busy and have no time to respond to all friends. Some of my friends are regular in commenting and giving like. I know people must be tired of seeing my creations everyday. I am also not able to give comment or like to all my friends. Then how can I expect from them. The other day a friend was saying you have imporved a lot in making chains and professional . One friend was saying my chain is shining as I had worn chain with stones. I told her I can wear diamond so happy atleast I am able to wear this .The other day I saw Radhika wearing like the chain I made in a serial , only the beads were in double row.

I used to post in Facebook but when I stopped getting much comments I used to post in another group where few of my friends give comments .

I am not so active in IL now a days though I log in and read the posts. I can't believe myself earlier I could not do without IL .Some of the posts I do not know what feedback to give.

Life goes on

girvani, Amulet, Thyagarajan and 3 others like this.

2. Anusha2917

Anusha2917 IL Hall of Fame

Online communities and forums are just a phase. Some stay for very long and keep giving constant contribution. Few stay for a few days and leave after they get solution for their problem . Few keep giving a lot of contributions and suddenly vanish. :)
    Anyways nice to see read about your jewellery making hobby. :)

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  3. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

:blush: On the internet forum, we are all young.
    Sometimes I even lose track of their conversation, and keep watching for what they are wearing in the new episode. Sometimes you can catch them wearing the same outfit for several episodes -- even the wealthy characters in the story !!

I have seen several of your jewellery. They are quite nice. When you give them away as gifts to children in your extended clan, they are wearing your affection, plus the jewellery.

When I see jewellery or embroidery, I appreciate the patience, the design, and the sense of colour-match that goes into making them.

iyerviji and Thyagarajan like this.
  4. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

I
    :hello: Your post and the foregoing FB s are speaking the reality.
    2. Some enter the forum to mingle, hobnob, get virtual converted to real friends and achieved their objective and disappear into thin air.
    3. Very few remain in the forum for long because for the it could be a pastime, and they enjoy contributing irrespective of quantum of likes and or FBs or appreciation. Some grumble, fumble, tumble and go away with or without notice. As they grow their priorities changes and so their continuation and or contribution becomes far and few between.
    4. Whatever one does with love without any expectation will be taken care of by Lord. Gita says so.
    5. So as long as you can, just contribute in the form of post and or FBs. You need not have any qualms about it.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God Mahavishnu likes to be attired in jewels and cladded in gold.

5. iyerviji

Thanks dear for your first feedback. I agree with you.

Thyagarajan and Anusha2917 like this.
  6. iyerviji

Glad you like my jewellery and appreciate the people who take trouble to make them. When the work is appreciated their hard work has some value

Thyagarajan and Amulet like this.
  7. Amulet

Amulet IL Hall of Fame

:thumbup:
    God MV likes that? I didn’t know that! Or is it just an allusion (reference ) to the wifey Lakshmi ?

Thyagarajan likes this.
  8. Thyagarajan

Thyagarajan IL Hall of Fame

:hello:It is said in Tamil MV is - Alankara Piriyar அலங்கார பிரியர் -
    2. He wears His consort LAKSMI at His Heart.
    Thanks and Regards.
    God & Goddess are one and the same wave.

9. girvani

girvani Platinum IL'ite

Dear Viji amma,

It is inspiring to know how you occupy yourself and keep busy. It is an important lesson for us. Keep making more jewelleries while you take care of yourself too, amma.
    Vani

10. iyerviji

Thanks for the lovely feedback

Thyagarajan likes this.