Age limit for ICSE and CBSE board

Discussion in 'Schools/Playschools/Daycares' started by thendral_world, Nov 21, 2007.

1. thendral_world

thendral_world New IL'ite

HI All,

I returned from states to India for good this year 2007. My son was born on April 11th of 2000.
    He is 7 years and 8 months now. He completed his 2nd grade in states. He was admitted in the 3rd grade in one of the
    international school (icse board) here at Bangalore. Now i am seeking admissions for my son for the next year for the 4th grade. But the icse and
    the cbse boards are not giving admissions saying that the rules are different here and he is under age. But i checked
    with some of the schools in chennai but they are ok with his age. Please advise me as to what to do? so confused..
    Kindly email me at thendral_world@yahoo.com.

regards,
    Thendralbonk

2. reshma03

reshma03 New IL'ite

Hi thendral,
    I am also sailing in the same boat.At present,I am put up at middle east.Planning to settle in Banglore for good next year.My son was also born on April 27,2000[​IMG].He is doing grade 3 here in an International school.Hoping to join him in grade 4 next year....If u get any solution,please let me know..........My friends in Banglore told me that cbse boards agree with this age.....yet to try....
    regards
    reshma[​IMG]

3. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

Hi all,

The correct age is 9 for 4th standard..my son is also in 4th. but some schools do take..but my personal opinion is 7 and 8 months is too young for 4th...

4. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi all,

SBOA issues applications for LKG on 2,3, and 4th of Jan 2008...But the age limit is 3 years completed as on June 2008... They have mentioned that clearly on the notice board... 4 years and above 4 years will not be considered...

But in many other CBSE schools, the age cut off is different... In DAV and Chinmaya Vidyalaya, we can get application forms for LKG this year for 3 and a half year old now...So I think different schools adopt their own rules regarding LKG age limit..

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  5. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hey manju,

that is news to me...my son also was 4+ when he joined lkg. there is no limit like that. come on yaar..cbse has a age limit, for the tenth exam...that is you should be around 14+ in the month of august or something...my daughter had done lkg in chennai and when we got transferred to delhi, she had to do lkg again, because of the same criteria..she was 3.8months....

I would definitely not suggest at 3. I was actually told that most schools have not said the child should be completing 4 in august...

6. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Hi Shanthi,

Even I was shocked to see that on SBOA notice board... All other schools do not have such a restriction? Anyway let me once more check it tommorrow, if I am mistaken... I think they will not issue applications to those who have completed 4 years...that is for those who have born before June 2004.. They have written on their notice board " 4 years and above 4 years will not be considered..."..

But DAV, Mogappair has clearly mentioned the age limits.. 3 and a half completed by June 2008, so my daughter was ineligible last year...so I can very well apply this time...Even my child went for the meet in Chinmaya last week...there also the age criteria was the same as DAV...they will not admit children who are less than 3 and a half as on June 2008..

Last edited: Jan 2, 2008
  7. manjumnair

manjumnair Silver IL'ite

Dear Shanthi,

I have rechecked SBOA notice board again yesterday... It is the same as I mentioned in the previous post...

My doubt now is that they may not be considering children who are 4 years and above 4 years at present (while issuing applications itself) or as on June 2008?

8. Shanvy

Shanvy IL Hall of Fame

hi manju,

why don't you go and talk to them after taking permission..or you could ask our moderator laxmi, i heard her children go to sboa...

9. munmun_bhowmick

munmun_bhowmick New IL'ite

My daughters age is 5 years 7 months.If she is admitted in std1 will she be allowed to sit in ICSE examination when she will be 15+.

10. Mahesselva

Mahesselva New IL'ite

Can anyone plz tell me,What is the actual age limit to my son for LKG admission in CBSE affiliated schools?My son's DOB is 05th August 2006.

I am seeking in Ullagaram and Nanganullur ares,chennai.

Which school is better either DAV Adambakkam or Modern Senior Secondary school?Or some other else near there.

Plz post the valid suggestions